Thin2win

Fujikura Ventus

Our Sponsors

This is all great feedback, I was able to hit the non Tour Spec Atmos Blue and that held pretty stable at the tip as well.  

May try the Kuro Kage.  Unfortuantely, Mizuno does not offer a ton in shaft offerings.  Such a great head though

6 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

This is all great feedback, I was able to hit the non Tour Spec Atmos Blue and that held pretty stable at the tip as well.  

May try the Kuro Kage.  Unfortuantely, Mizuno does not offer a ton in shaft offerings.  Such a great head though

Check ebay or golf club traders on Facebook to see if you can find one cheap

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

38 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

I will likely have a Hzrdus Red available for sale soon that may fit the profile you are looking for.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

52 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I will likely have a Hzrdus Red available for sale soon that may fit the profile you are looking for.

Based on my experience with ventus and hzrdus the red isn’t even close. The red is an hzrdus black with a softer tip. The ei profiles of the hzrdus red and black are nowhere near that if the ventus

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Check ebay or golf club traders on Facebook to see if you can find one cheap

This is a great idea, just registered thank you so much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dixonterp10 said:

came across the UST PV 2 Black it looks comparable thoughts?

Pv2 Black is just color version of the ust pv2 shaft. With that said the ventus plays a bit stiffer. Both are great options.

im one who like to tinker and haven’t had an issue spending some cash on aftermaths shafts in the past. For some taking a blind leap on a shaft isn’t feasible. With most shafts one isn’t going to recover the cost of a failed experiment. If money isn’t an issue trying any aftermarket shaft can be fun.  Lots of good options out there like ventus which has lots of your use, accra tz5/6 which is a popular option that txg has been fitting people into, ust has a great lineup in line, attas line and proforce. Graphite design always puts out great stuff.

Back onto the ventus. I know the velocore works as advertised and a great option. Key thing is get the right weight in the right flex

I had been gaming ventus black for a couple of months.   I did not get fitted  but bought into the hype.  I Was coming from a fitted tz5.    At first the ventus seemed great.  I was definitely a bit tighter in dispersion.    For whatever reason though I was losing 10-15 yards,   Finally went on trackman and saw that my spin dropped to below 1800 and my ball was just dropping out of the air.   Since then I have switched to the graphite design xc and it is a dream come true.  Amazing dispersion and my distance is back. 

btw this is my first post!  Wrx was getting a bit stale and I thought I would try someplace new.

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I had been gaming ventus black for a couple of months.   I did not get fitted  but bought into the hype.  I Was coming from a fitted tz5.    At first the ventus seemed great.  I was definitely a bit tighter in dispersion.    For whatever reason though I was losing 10-15 yards,   Finally went on trackman and saw that my spin dropped to below 1800 and my ball was just dropping out of the air.   Since then I have switched to the graphite design xc and it is a dream come true.  Amazing dispersion and my distance is back. 

btw this is my first post!  Wrx was getting a bit stale and I thought I would try someplace new.

Welcome to MGS!!!! We look forward to having you around for a good while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Welcome to MGS!!!! We look forward to having you around for a good while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, I love talking golf lol. It is an addiction

• Like 2

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

On 1/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, hartrick11 said:

+1 for the Ventus. It has substantially reduced my left-right dispersion with the driver. It is so stable, but I can still feel the club loading, nothing like the HZRDUS black that I struggled with for a while. I need to save up to get it in my 3w as well...

What made you choose ventus blue over black?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 4H, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90X

UDI:titelist-small: U500 2i, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide Forged, DG TI S400, 52/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

On 3/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Before the lockdown, I was able to get a few rounds under my belt with a new Ventus Blue and Sim Max head.  Coming from a G400 Max with AD-VR, this thing is a hook machine - but may just be the lower MOI head.  The combo definitely goes though. 

6 hours ago, MysteryV said:

Before the lockdown, I was able to get a few rounds under my belt with a new Ventus Blue and Sim Max head.  Coming from a G400 Max with AD-VR, this thing is a hook machine - but may just be the lower MOI head.  The combo definitely goes though. 

Interesting, I have never hit g400 but I hit flash with vr and I could not figure that shaft out.  Left right left right....

12 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Interesting, I have never hit g400 but I hit flash with vr and I could not figure that shaft out.  Left right left right....

I feel very much the same.  The VR definitely didn't have the feel of the DI for me, and didn't seem particularly biased one way or the other.  Pretty decent results on average, but not on any given shot.

10 hours ago, MysteryV said:

I feel very much the same.  The VR definitely didn't have the feel of the DI for me, and didn't seem particularly biased one way or the other.  Pretty decent results on average, but not on any given shot.

The xc is my new best friend 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Did you try Ventus Blue?

I went through a driver shaft fitting for my birthday last month.  The process was frustrating and tiring in the same right.   The fitter ended up saying the shaft I bought for my G410 was better than anything I tried fitting into.  I bought an Even Flow shaft to replace the normal shaft that came with the club.  Also, the individual told me my swing was off, and that I needed to fix that first.  Great thing to hear during a fitting.  I prefer truth though rather than sugar coating BS.  I went back to the pro I used to in order to have him take a look the day after.  I am 6' 6" and I hit down on the ball quite a bit.  I'm now working to hit up on the ball more.  Kind of wish I would have known that prior to wasting $75 dollars.  At least it feels like I wasted it.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

On 3/21/2020 at 9:32 AM, Hotdocta said:

Welcome to the forum!

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

12 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Did you try Ventus Blue?

I have not.   I have looked at the ei curve though.  It too seems like it would fit me well.  I tend to gravitate to shafts with softer butt ends and stiffer tips.