Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Gold's Factory (Secret Wedge)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I have actually used some Steampunk jewelry designs as inspirations before on some putter concepts. But I still don't actually know where the term came from.

Steam punk wedge! I want to bag one of these even if I don't hit it well.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I don't know who the author was that coined "Steampunk", but it seems to have come around more in the past 10-15 years in the sci fi literature. I may be just a touch ignorant though. Maybe it is much older. Topics are victorian, but seemingly all modern interpretations.

As long as the weights don't fall off, I like it.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Yeah these definitely wont fall out this man is a master with metal. Just wish he would get off the Anser kick with the putters.

I don't know who the author was that coined "Steampunk", but it seems to have come around more in the past 10-15 years in the sci fi literature. I may be just a touch ignorant though. Maybe it is much older. Topics are victorian, but seemingly all modern interpretations.

As long as the weights don't fall off, I like it.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Yeah these are more for looks then anything else. More about how a designer can use creativity to make something unique.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Do you think you would see the weights at address? One of the other threads mentioned how some of the Japanese consumer market is concerned with buying the nicest looking set of clubs as a status symbol. Maybe these meet that market need. They would turn heads in the bag.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The weights he makes with the multi-material inserts he does some pretty cool stuff with on putters.

I can handle a little more activity on a putter, but wedges being busy is just a little too much for me.

Yeah these definitely wont fall out this man is a master with metal. Just wish he would get off the Anser kick with the putters.

Even though I'm a pretty traditional guy when it comes to putter design, I would like to see something different. It seems like the craftsman here doesn't lack for creativity or talent and I'd love to see what kind of unique designs he could work up.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 3 months later...

In the past I have viewed the Golds offerings and thought - nice looking equipment.

I have to agree with the two posters above me - that is one fugly wedge.

Now while I may not have the prettiest bag, stick wise, style matters and these don't cut the mustard.

If there is a Rock Bottom Golf in Japan then I think that you'll find these in the closeout bin in the near future.

Sayounara, rob :lol:

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Need to see the face of the wedge and how it looks at address, stop teasing us with these wedge bottom club views!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Need to see the face of the wedge and how it looks at address, stop teasing us with these wedge bottom club views!!

JB, Golds could do a Bettinardi milling pattern on the face of this and it wouldn't look any better. You could CNC mill plane it, trick v groove it and paint fill the first four score lines chartruse and it would still be a fugly stick.

Now while I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've always found its a good starting point with anything in life.

rob ;)

Ps - first thing I thought of when I saw this wedge... :D

rcmb250.jpg

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

ugly power ranger tools !

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Archived