Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy MPR

What Tiger's win meant for the founder of MyGolfSpy

wow, fantastic letter.

You just don't know what battles people face in life. This is great to hear.

Thanks for sharing- now following MGS FB account (which I didn't know about🙄

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

This was just posted on the MGS Facebook account, but I thought I'd copy it over here.

Dear Tiger,

Today I saw something I have never seen before. My husband (owner of MyGolfSpy) watching golf.

Not sure if you have ever heard of MyGolfSpy. But to his readers, this may be news to them, Adam doesn’t really watch golf, or play golf. But here he was today, in the kitchen, phone [propped] on the ledge of the window above the sink, making sure I too would witness redemption (while cleaning dishes). I turned the water off. On the screen were a few leaves blowing on the course, you in a red shirt. Adam watched with the glow of the phone on his face verging on tears, yet fist clenched ready to pump. A win for you Tiger is a win for my husband.

All these years watching you struggle was a constant reminder of his own struggle. A struggle in which you don’t see, he won’t show and he is too embarrassed to tell.

Before I met Adam, he was thriving in his 20’s. Financially successful young business owner of one of very first online golf shops, participant in the world long drive event, and golf club designer. A strapping former collegiate athlete.

Cue fibromyalgia. At 30, he was 145 lbs., barely mobile, and near death. Adam was forced to sell his business. This was about the time we met, and even in his weakened state, I was struck by his passion, just like he is with yours. He was trying to win just like you. There were so many surgeries and no answers or relief, but he kept at it. During the pregnancy of our first child, and at his absolute bottom he turned to me with that same glow I saw today while he watched you. This time, the glow was from the computer screen “I am going to start a site called MyGolfSpy, I’m going to change an entire industry.” What I want you to know is that you mean something special to my husband down to his soul. You are not only a small part of why he is still here today you are part of why he beat a disorder they said couldn’t be beat. He never said never.

So, I thank you.

Was Tiger's comeback an inspiration for you?

I know it was for Adam and the sport of golf.

Wife of Adam,
Carrie

Just saw this on IG. Had no idea. A truly inspiring story and what an awesome post by his wife Carrie.

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing this, @GolfSpy MPR

Adam, thank you for sharing that passion with us, the golf community. We are better because of your passion and relentless desire to share the truth. 

• Like 3

Wow... I didn't know...

Nothing but respect to both of you. Thank you, Adam!

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing.  Too often, we never know someone else's personal struggles.

• Like 2

I’m glad I read that!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that. I’m at a loss of words.

Thank you Adam for not giving up. This place you built means the world to your fellow spies as I am sure it does to you.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Saw the post on FB. It’s always great to hear of the joy that the game can bring to people. I know mygolfspy has brought me a ton of it these last few years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Thanks for posting that. I’m at a loss of words.

Thank you Adam for not giving up. This place you built means the world to your fellow spies as I am sure it does to you.

^^ what he said, really well..

Adam .. you may not think you are lucky but you are to have such an amazing woman as your partner 👍

• Like 6

Should be posted in every locker room at every High School across the nation.

When someone or something tells you that you can’t.

You reply by kicking it’s ass.

Awesome stuff, from Adam and his wife.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Very inspiring letter Carrie, thank you.