ga_pike

Tiger's Gum Chewing

A better question....what happened to that gum on the 18th hole?  Pictures show that he certainly didn't have any gum in his mouth when he screamed in victory!  🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarlH said:

A better question....what happened to that gum on the 18th hole?  Pictures show that he certainly didn't have any gum in his mouth when he screamed in victory!  🙂

I wondered the exact same thing.

• Like 1

I’m willing to bet it was laced with Adderall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CarlH said:

25 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I wondered the exact same thing.

you do know it's ok to swallow 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

you do know it's ok to swallow 😏

Yes, but planting the seed in social media to get the conspiracy theories going is always fun 🙂  

• Like 2

I don't think it was much of anything. He was chewing gum the majority of the tournament. I myself like to chew gum while playing just calming for some reason. 

• Like 1

I don't think it was much of anything. He was chewing gum the majority of the tournament. I myself like to chew gum while playing just calming for some reason. 
You missed the joke... by a country mile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Apparently it was to curb his appetite because he said he eats too much. At first I thought it was to keep him focused or something, but I was far off.

Not according to my wife. :-O

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

Apparently it was to curb his appetite because he said he eats too much. At first I thought it was to keep him focused or something, but I was far off.

I’ve never had gum satisfy my hunger... Cure bad breath? Yep. Hunger? Nah, not even close. I think he’s pulling our leg with that comment..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’ve never had gum satisfy my hunger... Cure bad breath? Yep. Hunger? Nah, not even close. I think he’s pulling our leg with that comment..

So many guys out there are dippers: Brooks, DJ, Kisner.. I believe Tiger has done that some in the past, but wouldn't be surprised if it was nicotine gum for both Tiger and Phil.  I used to dip, but for the past 7-8 years,  use the gum on the course.

He wants to curb his appetite, but also he loses too much weight during tournaments? Does not compute.  Phil saying it stimulates the frontal cortex is more likely.

10 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

He wants to curb his appetite, but also he loses too much weight during tournaments?  

I'll bet the weight loss is from sweating so much. He's been know to change shirts several times during the day on a tournament. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll bet the weight loss is from sweating so much. He's been know to change shirts several times during the day on a tournament. 

where does he do this? Don't think I've ever seen him do that in a tournament.

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

It's not uncommon at all for him to change shirts in the locker room after the range session before going to the first tee.  As for during the round, I would think it's a less frequent occurrence, but I could see popping into one of the TV compound trailers along the way to change shirts if needed.   it's not something you'd see on camera most likely. 

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's not uncommon at all for him to change shirts in the locker room after the range session before going to the first tee.  As for during the round, I would think it's a less frequent occurrence, but I could see popping into one of the TV compound trailers along the way to change shirts if needed.   it's not something you'd see on camera most likely. 

Particularly in the warmer tournaments, he sweats more than most.  Here is an article about his wardrobe changes

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/tiger-woods-sweats/

I remember 1 time, I think at the Masters several years ago, where he changed shirts and then had to rip it as it didn't fit right in his shoulders and was restricting his swing, then changed shirts a few holes later

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's what I was eluding to, he can't scratch his nose without being seen or commented on so it must be pre round he does this.

He did this a lot during the PGA Championship in STL. It was hot there, and I think he changed shirts two or three times in a round.