Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Bettinardi Arm Lock Putter

Our Sponsors

UPDATE!! 

It’s been a tough stretch for me getting in golf so I apologize for not updating y’all more frequently, but I didn’t want to falsify anything. I’ve only had 4 rounds in the last 2 month which were, 81, 80, 76, 74. All of which were carried by superb iron play. I’ve really been struggling with the putter recently,  however I am putting on a different breed of grass than I traditionally play on. Is that the difference? I think it matters some, but I don’t think it’s the whole story. I’ve really been unable to get the ball started on my intended line, and my confidence from 3-4 feet has been reduced to zero. As of right now, my sample size is still fairly small, so before I go running off to Golf Galaxy to get a new putter, I’m gonna stick it out for a while, especially knowing what my Betti can do when it’s rolling the ball well. I should be playing more in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for another update, hopefully with more info. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GB13 said:

UPDATE!! 

It’s been a tough stretch for me getting in golf so I apologize for not updating y’all more frequently, but I didn’t want to falsify anything. I’ve only had 4 rounds in the last 2 month which were, 81, 80, 76, 74. All of which were carried by superb iron play. I’ve really been struggling with the putter recently,  however I am putting on a different breed of grass than I traditionally play on. Is that the difference? I think it matters some, but I don’t think it’s the whole story. I’ve really been unable to get the ball started on my intended line, and my confidence from 3-4 feet has been reduced to zero. As of right now, my sample size is still fairly small, so before I go running off to Golf Galaxy to get a new putter, I’m gonna stick it out for a while, especially knowing what my Betti can do when it’s rolling the ball well. I should be playing more in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for another update, hopefully with more info. 

I know how that feels and it's a awful feeling while stepping up to those short ones and have ya scrotum tighten up! 😳

• Like 1

Thread bump. Any of you guys still rocking this putter?  I had to give it up. It just wasn’t getting it done for me. Curious how others are faring?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joen said:

Thread bump. Any of you guys still rocking this putter?  I had to give it up. It just wasn’t getting it done for me. Curious how others are faring?

I haven’t struck a golf ball outside of my living room since October, so I cannot claim to be rocking anything. Nonetheless, the Bettinardi is currently leaning against the wall, alongside two Nike Method putters (one of which is set up as another armlock). I practice the stroke with all of them, everyday.

If I needed to post a score today, I’d absolutely bag the SS38. But I really like how the black double-wide B1/01 blade swings and looks at address. And if I’m ever able to play golf on grass again, I’m hopeful it will prove to be something special. For now, the Betti still gets the nod.

#TeamArmLock (quarantine edition)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joen said:

I’m still rocking it. It got benched for an old Odyssey White Hot #1 for a few rounds last year, but after reviewing my putting in each round, the armlock was still way better. I really believe my struggles with the putter come from green reading inadequacies. When I make the proper read on putts, I am pretty confident I’ll make a good stroke and scare the hole. 

So, yes I’m still rocking it, no, my putting still isn’t where it should be, but it’s mainly due to green reading, not my actual stroke. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

I’m still rocking it. It got benched for an old Odyssey White Hot #1 for a few rounds last year, but after reviewing my putting in each round, the armlock was still way better. I really believe my struggles with the putter come from green reading inadequacies. When I make the proper read on putts, I am pretty confident I’ll make a good stroke and scare the hole. 

So, yes I’m still rocking it, no, my putting still isn’t where it should be, but it’s mainly due to green reading, not my actual stroke. 

Have you tried Aimpoint Express?  Helped me immensely with green reading. I know some people can just read a green by looking at it. I am not one of those people. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joen said:

Mine's benched.  I still like to pull it out now and then and take it to the practice greens.  Helps me groove the rocking of the shoulders for the stroke and minimize my arm/hand use.  I tend to struggle with longer putts with the armlock putter.  If I could carry 2 putters (have to figure out which club to pull from my bag), I would use it for shorter putts and my standard putter on longer ones.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, joen said:

Have you tried Aimpoint Express?  Helped me immensely with green reading. I know some people can just read a green by looking at it. I am not one of those people. 

I haven’t, it would be worth looking into. I’ve seen people using it and doing quite well with it, and given the current state of my green reading, I’ll try almost anything. 😆

• Like 1