GolfSpy STUDque

2019 #SpyStaffSlam Winners Anouncements

20 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

The Masters Placeholder

Great picks Big Moody and big thanks to Wilson.  Awesome contest and can’t wait until the PGA Championship.

• Like 1

Congrats to the winners! I always love these contests because the data when all is said and done is cool to look at. Thank you MGS staffers for putting this together. 

Can't wait for the next one!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Wow! Never thought I would win a prize in a contest like this. Its amazing the difference a choice of one player makes! Thanks for all of the kind words everyone, thank you Golf Spy for the contest, and thanks to Wilson for providing the prizes! Hopefully I can hit it a little further off the tee now...

Edited by GreasedUpStingers
Added more
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Congrats to the winners!!! And good on W/S for hooking up the two ties, that's so cool of them.

Congrats to the winners and a huge, huge shout out to Wilson Golf for providing such awesome prizes. 

Congrats Winners, and thanks again MGS for a great, fun contest format.

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. A blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then. A very special thanks to Zstaff36 for constantly bugging me to enter the contest because he is so fond of the Wilson Staff brand. Thanks Wilson Staff for my new set of custom irons as I hope they help my mightily struggling game right now. To the golf spy staff for organizing such a cool contest, thanks. You guys rock !!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Big Moody said:

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. A blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then. A very special thanks to Zstaff36 for constantly bugging me to enter the contest because he is so fond of the Wilson Staff brand. Thanks Wilson Staff for my new set of custom irons as I hope they help my mightily struggling game right now. To the golf spy staff for organizing such a cool contest, thanks. You guys rock !!!

Congrats!  Which irons do you think you will go with?

Thanks for opportunity to enter the event. Can't believe I won something. Thanks Wilson and Golf Spy.

I'll let you know how I get along with the driver and the balls.

I just played my first round this week with my new Arccos Caddie, really cool !

Congrats to Big Moody and greasedupstingers !

Epic Masters  congrats TIGER

• Like 3

Congrats to the winners, thanks to MGS for running this great contest and thanks to Wilson for coming to the party with the prizes 😁😎

• Like 1

Boy, almost there! Congrats to the guys who won! Enjoy your time on the course!

PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT: PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

111A8D80-1907-4D46-B4E0-CE15A233AFC0.jpeg

When the  favorite wins a major, the excitement must be found around the fringes.  #SpyStaffSlam was on the thoughts of many as 266 of you chose Brooks to win the PGA Championship and had a shot at glory.  Thanks to Brooks Koepka for creating an interesting viewing experience on Sunday but in the end, he prevailed the the relief of 3 lucky spies.  

As a group, we got better at following directions as 72% of us managed to submit Tier 5 selections.  One day, I dream for 100% completion.  Reading is fundamental people!  Those Tier 5 players were a big factor this PGA Championship as 4 players in the top 8 and ties were from Tier 5 and EIGHT appeared on the leader-board before a single Tier 3 player.  There were many ways to glory for Tiers 2-5 but the one way to win was with Koepka. 

Our perfect entry would've been Koepka, Cantlay, Snedeker, Lowry, MWallace for a total of $3,538,495.  Greater than $3M is a consistent high-water mark in these challenges where you've got a good chance to win.

Our Pal "Chalk" actually faired quite well thanks to Brooks.  With Koepka, Kuchar, Poulter, Hoffman, Homa, Chalk raked in $2,290,545 and finished in 106th place.  Not as bad as usual 🙂

Without further ado, your top 10:

10) @tbs0001 $2,721,450
Koepka, Cantlay, Snedeker, Hoffman, None

9) @TSauer $2,724,550
Koepka, Cantlay, Glover, ZJohnson, Kevin Na

😎 @ice487 $2,749,900
Koepka, Cantlay, KMitchell, Bjerregard, Hossler

7) @Badams69 $2,783,800
Koepka, Casey, CSmith, Bjerregard, MWallace

6) @Mrlaw@yahoo.com $2,822,995
Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Lowry, Schaffele

5) @Theheel $2,826,095
Koepka, Scott, SW Kim, Ben An, MWallace

4) @GeekingGolf $2,925,100
Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Hoffman, Kang

Drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll........

Third Prize: Dozen Wilson Golf Balls
@MattJPB $2,932,700
Koepka, Cantlay, Glover, Bjerregard, Kokrak

Second Prize: D7 Driver
@King Cobra $2,999,030
Koepka, Scott, Wise, Bjerregard, MWallace

GRAND PRIZE: CUSTOM WILSON IRONS SET
@Undershooter $3,277,200
Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Bjerregard, MWallace

Congrats to the winners!  Be on the lookout for a PM from me with more instructions to fulfill your prize.  For those curious, the full/final standings can be found here: #SpyStaffSlam Scoring Sheet

• Like 8
  • Love 1

PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT: PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

111A8D80-1907-4D46-B4E0-CE15A233AFC0.thumb.jpeg.5cbc880a8d097295332a458d58b3eee6.jpeg

When the  favorite wins a major, the excitement must be found around the fringes.  #SpyStaffSlam was on the thoughts of many as 266 of you chose Brooks to win the PGA Championship and had a shot at glory.  Thanks to Brooks Koepka for creating an interesting viewing experience on Sunday but in the end, he prevailed the the relief of 3 lucky spies.  

As a group, we got better at following directions as 72% of us managed to submit Tier 5 selections.  One day, I dream for 100% completion.  Reading is fundamental people!  Those Tier 5 players were a big factor this PGA Championship as 4 players in the top 8 and ties were from Tier 5 and EIGHT appeared on the leader-board before a single Tier 3 player.  There were many ways to glory for Tiers 2-5 but the one way to win was with Koepka. 

Our perfect entry would've been Koepka, Cantlay, Snedeker, Lowry, MWallace for a total of $3,538,495.  Greater than $3M is a consistent high-water mark in these challenges where you've got a good chance to win.

Our Pal "Chalk" actually faired quite well thanks to Brooks.  With Koepka, Kuchar, Poulter, Hoffman, Homa, Chalk raked in $2,290,545 and finished in 106th place.  Not as bad as usual

Without further ado, your top 10:

10) [mention=61137]tbs0001[/mention] $2,721,450

Koepka, Cantlay, Snedeker, Hoffman, None

9) [mention=65882]TSauer[/mention] $2,724,550

Koepka, Cantlay, Glover, ZJohnson, Kevin Na

[mention=87850]ice487[/mention] $2,749,900

Koepka, Cantlay, KMitchell, Bjerregard, Hossler

7) [mention=77401]Badams69[/mention] $2,783,800

Koepka, Casey, CSmith, Bjerregard, MWallace

6) [mention=58942]Mrlaw@yahoo.com[/mention] $2,822,995

Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Lowry, Schaffele

5) [mention=86649]Theheel[/mention] $2,826,095

Koepka, Scott, SW Kim, Ben An, MWallace

4) [mention=70409]GeekingGolf[/mention] $2,925,100

Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Hoffman, Kang

Drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll........

Third Prize: Dozen Wilson Golf Balls

[mention=87886]MattJPB[/mention] $2,932,700

Koepka, Cantlay, Glover, Bjerregard, Kokrak

Second Prize: D7 Driver

[mention=55163]King Cobra[/mention] $2,999,030

Koepka, Scott, Wise, Bjerregard, MWallace

GRAND PRIZE: CUSTOM WILSON IRONS SET

[mention=27071]Undershooter[/mention] $3,277,200

Koepka, Cantlay, Poulter, Bjerregard, MWallace

Congrats to the winners!  Be on the lookout for a PM from me with more instructions to fulfill your prize.  For those curious, the full/final standings can be found here: #SpyStaffSlam Scoring Sheet

Oh nice, a regular on the forum got the win! Congrats !

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Congrats gentlemen! I finally broke top 10, I’m starting to get the hang of this thing.

• Like 6

Awesome! I recognize some names this go! Congrats everyone!

• Like 4

Congrats guys! Always nice seeing a regular on top

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1