Sign in to follow this  
Golfspy_CG2

Puma Announces Ernie Els as a Global Ambassador

Our Sponsors

Press Release from Puma

PUMA Golf is excited to announce a multi-year agreement with four-time major winner Ernie Els. As part of the partnership, Els will serve as a global ambassador and wear PUMA Golf footwear during his professional events.

Els will wear PUMA’s IGNITE PWRADAPT and NXT family of shoes on Tour. The PWRADAPT family of footwear features a cutting-edge traction system with 3-dimensional traction pods and responsive cushioning with IGNITE Foam, for the ideal blend of industry-leading technology, style, comfort and performance. A Comfort Construction mesh bootie replaces a traditional tongue for improved fit, comfort and support, while the PWRFRAME, an ultra-thin TPU frame, is strategically placed in high stress areas on the shoe’s upper for lightweight support and enhanced stability that golfers need to play well on all surfaces and slopes.

“I’m excited about this new relationship with PUMA,” comments Els. “I’ve been wearing their golf shoes since the start of the year and honestly I feel like it’s really been a factor in me catching some form of late. I just feel more grounded with these shoes, like it’s giving me a firmer foundation in my swing. What I also like is the shoe combines stability with lightness and comfort. That’s a tough trick to pull off, but the guys at PUMA have nailed it. I’m very happy to be part of the team.”

“We are honored to have Ernie wearing our footwear and representing our brand on Tour. He is an icon in the international golf world, with an exemplary career both on and off the course, and a huge global presence. We’re excited to welcome him to the PUMA family,” said Dan Ladd, Senior VP of Sales & Marketing, COBRA PUMA GOLF.

See attached for the full press release with additional details. Reach out with any questions!

In honor of the partnership announcement, PUMA made him some custom shoes to wear as he tees-it-up at this week’s RBC Heritage.

Puma Ernie Else Pic 1.jpeg

Puma Els pic 2.jpg

Puma Els pic 3.jpg

• Like 5

Way to go Big Easy. Get that

Holy smokes! Those shoes are as wide as his body.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I’ve always thought that these were the best looking Puma shoes out there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro