Testers Wanted! Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Pride Z Grip Align (Unofficial Review)

RWankles8

RW's one word review - FIRM 

Hopefully you like calluses!

2eod44y.jpg

I've been playing the Lamkin UTx Midsize Reminder for the last season or so, and wanted to see how the Golf Pride Z Grip Align's compare.  My biggest issue with the UTx is the loss of tackiness and grip texture mid round.  I've realized I must have extremely dirty hands because to keep them tacky, I have to clean the grips during my round.  I play in the south, so the necessity for a cord grip is a must.  Hence my gravitation to the Z Grip. Golf Pride hails the Z Grip as the firmest grip model with "heavy cord texture and moisture management."  And indeed it is firm.  I mean really firm, like don't hit one thin.  Ever.

2mozam0.jpg

Its also noticeably thinner than the UTx Midsize.  My 6 iron was gripped first with no additional wraps, and that's when I noticed the size difference.  Not to make the same mistake twice, my Fairway Metal was wrapped with 3 additional wraps of tape.  These additional wraps made the grip closest to the size of the UTx Midsize.

2j1wllu.jpg

Reminder grips have been around forever, and in Golf Pride's eyes, what's old is new right?  I enjoy a reminder.  I've had grip issues forever, and they help me place my hands where they should be.  Does the Align tech help - Yes.  Is it any better than a standard reminder grip - No.  One downside to reminder grips is they really shouldn't be played with wedges in my opinion.  If you open the club face at all the "Align strip" gets all out of whack and really throws your "align"ment off.  (Currently waiting on the Lamkin Players Cord to come in)

Final Thoughts

The Golf Pride Z Cord Align is a great grip if you enjoy a firm feel and need to be "reminded" where your hands go.  I'll play these until the wear out, or want something new, but will not be purchasing again.  

3 out of 5

:callaway-small: Rogue 9° Tour AD-DI 7S , XR Pro 16° PX LZ 6.0 

:cobra-small: King F7 19° Fuji Pro 75H

:ping-small: i25 5-W DG S300 White Dot

:callaway-small: MD3 50°, 54°, 58° DG S400 3 UP

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 35'

Nice write up. I used to like cord because my hands sweat a lot so I need moisture control. Once Winn came out and got accepted on tour I tried them out and fell in love. Hard to beat that feeling of soft, responsive, tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Archived