Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Heavy Putter

I put the Boccieri b3 Heavy Putter in my bag for this year. With the weather just changing I've only had the opportunity to play it twice. I have noticed that putting has improved. Last year I was averaging around 2.2 putts per hole. This year so far I am averaging around 1.8. Has anyone else used the heavy Putter and have they seen similar results?

Yes, for several years I used the Boccieri C2-DF blade putter.  Most standard putters in stores are too long for me, but one day I found this 32" women's putter with pink lettering.  Loved it, the heavy weight smoothed out my stroke. My only issue was the blade models didn't have enough MOI, and while speed of putts was good, I missed short putts that I really shouldn't have.  Your B3 model might have worked for me.

However, I went to Ping for a fitting and walked away with a custom fit Sigma G Doon.  The 400g head and counterbalance worked great for my stroke, and I love the feel of the ball off the face.  I can't see going back.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'll have to give this brand a demo. I'm thinking this is the year for a new putter. With as little as I get to practice I really wonder if it will do any good, but I've been gaming the same Ping Isopur B60i for so many years it feels like part of me; but with technology advancing perhaps so should I.

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

I need a heavy putter to smooth out my takeaway and stop going outside the swing path.

Current mallet and blade are too light so I will check this out also if I can find a stockist

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

2 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I need a heavy putter to smooth out my takeaway and stop going outside the swing path.

Current mallet and blade are too light so I will check this out also if I can find a stockist

Before you are for certain that you need a new putter, you might think about putting on a fat grip (if you haven't already). I did about a year ago and it helped with takeaway. I'm still thinking a new putter is in order. It's just a thought that could save you some money.

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Just now, wipierce said:

Before you are for certain that you need a new putter, you might think about putting on a fat grip (if you haven't already). I did about a year ago and it helped with takeaway. I'm still thinking a new putter is in order. It's just a thought that could save you some money.

Thanks, I put on a superstroke 3.0 but it just made the head feel even lighter so I start outside the line a lot, and from there nothing good will happen. I missed the hole completely from 18 inches today with an out to in stroke and open face🙄

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

30 minutes ago, wipierce said:

I'll have to give this brand a demo. I'm thinking this is the year for a new putter. With as little as I get to practice I really wonder if it will do any good, but I've been gaming the same Ping Isopur B60i for so many years it feels like part of me; but with technology advancing perhaps so should I.

Someone on here suggested the 'new' Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 putter which comes in at 370g and by all reviews compares favourably to a scotty or odyssey at 3 times the price, its milled with soft steel and no inserts which I like, inserts dont work with me lol

heres a review MGS did a few months back...https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-cleveland-huntington-beach-soft-putters/ 

12 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Someone on here suggested the 'new' Cleveland Huntington Beach 11 putter which comes in at 370g and by all reviews compares favourably to a scotty or odyssey at 3 times the price, its milled with soft steel and no inserts which I like, inserts dont work with me lol

heres a review MGS did a few months back...https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-cleveland-huntington-beach-soft-putters/ 

I'll give that a look to. If it helps me miss my millimeters rather than inches, as per the review, I'd be all for it!