TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vice ball review

I tested the Vice Ball Sample Pack.  Most of my testing was on the chipping and putting green, and here are my initial thoughts.

Pro plus: Clickier than the vice pro 

vice Pro: Favorite.  Best feel without sacrificing too much distance off the tee.  Not as hard as the Titleist ProV1 off the tee, but get similar penetrating ball flight with a good strike.

vice Pro soft: Love the feel and the matte finish.  Worried wouldn't be as good of the tee, so put in my practice ball bag

vice Tour: Feel-wise very similar to vice pro

vice drive: Fine, but I was never going to play with this ball (biased thinking)

Pro+ Not impressed. Found them short from all distances. I found them very short on chips, pitch's and lobs. Using 6 pro v's and 6 vice pro+. Alternating. 6 of one then the other.

I'm surprised to hear that. I tested the Pro and Pro + and found them to be great. My previous gamer was the AVX. The AVX feels softer and travels a bit further but not by much. I couldn't justify the cost difference as being worth it and play the Pro + now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M3 440cc 9* 45.25" Diamana D+ 70 x-flex

3w - Taylormade RBZ stage 2 tour 14.5* Fujikura 70 s-flex std length

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 850 s-flex std length. 

Irons: Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-PW. Project X 6.5 flighted shafts ⅜" gapping. 39.25" 5 iron 2* upright

Wedges- Titlist Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59* 2* upright

Putter - Machine M10 adjuster, no sight line. 35.5"

Tried it with the recommended ball for my swing and scared the ball a lot more than ProV1x or TP5.

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

• 1 month later...

I decided to give the Pro Soft's a try coming TM Project A's. 

Distance is about the same with irons, driver is a little  it shorter, wedges are the same. Putting it has a super soft almost marshmallow type feel off the face but distance is easy to get a hamg of.

One area I was really suprised with was hitting the driver, alot less spin than I was getting from  the PA's. I've hot both my G25 and an M3 driver with them and very impressed with the low spin off the driver, I'm usually a high spin guy and ay a left to right ball flight naturally.

For the price difference I'll stick with the Pro Softs as the distance with the driver is 5 - 10 yards but isn't a deal breaker when I'm hitting more fairways.

Edited by Gravitykillr

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

Curious if anyone had any thoughts on how consistent these are based on the mgs ball test. The numbers looked great for the pro including the std deviation but the mgs guys didn’t rate it.

for me the pro is like 2010 prov1 

I’ve played the Pro and the Pro+ with good results. I didn’t ever see a REALLY weird ball flight, but it’s hard to know sometimes when a ball drops short, for instance. Was it wind, was it strike or was it the ball? On the chance that it happens to be the ball once every 2-3 rounds, I’ll play the Vice instead of a Bridgestone, and have $$ for 2-3 more rounds of golf a year. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Earlier this year, I found a Vice Pro on the course and played it for a few holes before I lost it.  It seemed like a pretty good ball to me, with good distance of the woods and good spin around the green.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the Pro+ for about a month now and really like them. Distances were right in line with the Pro V1 and TP5. I've struggled to get spin on the other balls but for some reason (possibly my swing progressing) I've seen really consistent spin from the Pro+, especially in the 75-125 range. Around the green they are very predictable and feel great off the putter. I got all three colors (white, yellow, and red) and the yellow and red do scuff a little but I played a full round with them and didn't see much falloff with the wear and tear. 

Right Handed

Driver: Cobra Amp (circa ~2013)  8.5* X-Stiff

19* Hybrid: Cobra King F7 Stiff

Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2 714 X-Stiff

52* Wedge: Vokey SM6

56* Wedge: TaylorMade Tour Preferred

60* Wedge: Vokey SM6

Putter: Nike Method MC-3i Blade

Ball: Vice Pro+

I spent about 90 days living in Myrtle Beach. One of the benefits was having access to great deals on used Golf balls. I routinely bought balls of all different flavors in AAA condition.

Vice and Volvik were my least favorite. I found both balls in all models to be short. The Vice balls in my experience were also not very durable. The Volviks were difficult to control off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges.