TESTERS WANTED! ×

I’m eating crow,and this time I don’t mind

EthanSterlingPrice

So this is a week and a few days late but here goes. I was one of “those guys” I can be directly quoted as saying “Tiger won’t win another major, it won’t happen” points to whoever can find where on the forum I said that by the way.

So that Sunday I’m playing a golf and see on my phone in between shots that tiger is near the lead, then tied for the lead, then wouldn’t you know it he’s taken the solo lead. Whole time I’m saying to myself how he’s making a run but he won’t keep it.

Now I’ve admittedly not been a tiger fan before his incidents and not one right after either but something switched up after a while. He’s appeared to be much more approachable and a bit more humble in how he presented himself and around that point I started to get a bit warmer to him, but still said he wasn’t going to win a big one again.

So here I am in sitting at a table in the clubhouse trying to figure out what to drink with my serving of crow and humble pie while watching Tiger putt out on the 72nd hole to win number fifteen, and as that last putt falls I’m honest to goodness happy for him. He wasn’t my favorite to win but this may not be the same Tiger I found abrasive a few years back.

So now what, y’all think he’ll win another? Anyone else share in my feast? I know I sure ain’t gonna bet against it anymore. Either way that crow didn’t taste so bad this time around...

In the bag

Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex

3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree

Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie

Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees

Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Grand Slam year upcoming. He’s proved he is the guy to beat again. #6 in the world. With the divisor being 40 events he’s only played like 32. Without that he is easily #1 by a few points.

His swing is near 2000 Tiger domination good, if it better. When he is confident he can’t be beat.... he’s got something to work for and show his kids he really is the goat. Something to play for.

I won't go as far as Grand Slam, but he'll win another major this year.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

So many good players; it's hard to win any tournament.  Tiger will win more tournaments.  He has shown that his game hangs with the best, and the venues for the majors seem to favor his game.  I think his chances of winning another major are good, but there are a lot of good players that can win too.  Any one of them can get hot for a week.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was a Tiger fan (not fanatic but fan) and I like the new Tiger a lot better. Shows his personality a lot more and that is good for him and the game. If he is ever going to make a run in major’s this is the year. If he drives t well at Bethpage and just putts ok he has a good shot. We have seen what he can do at Pebble and he has played Royal Portrush a lot getting ready for the Open Championship. I would not be shocked to see him win one more this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

Grand Slam year upcoming. He’s proved he is the guy to beat again. #6 in the world. With the divisor being 40 events he’s only played like 32. Without that he is easily #1 by a few points.

His swing is near 2000 Tiger domination good, if it better. When he is confident he can’t be beat.... he’s got something to work for and show his kids he really is the goat. Something to play for.

I typically wouldn't say that someone is going to win all 4 majors in the same year, but the only reason I can agree with you is because they are all being played at courses Tiger's won majors on before...so, the real question is, Why Not!?

Edited by M. Parsons
Okay, maybe he hasn't won at Royal Portrush, but once again...why not?
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I see him winning the British Open this year. No real facts to back it up other than the fact that he was in contention last year and now with a win at Augusta, he has shown the mentality to close.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Grand Slam will be tough with the PGA at Bethpage. Mr Woods is 70th in strokes gained off the tee and Bethpage is a driving course. In 2009, Lucas Glover won the US Open at Bethpage and he finished the year #4 in strokes gained off the tee that year. If Tiger can keep the ball in the short stuff with the driver, he'll be near the top of the leader board. At Pebble, Tiger can get around with 3 woods and driving irons off the tee box just fine. No clue on The Open. All depends on the weather. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

A lot of good takes so far. I’m not sold on a calendar slam if he has to win off the tee but we’ll see. Bethpage will be hard to win without finding fairways but I just don’t know anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.