TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Ryder Cup Volunteer - Deal or No Deal?

Bucky CC

Has anyone volunteered for the Ryder Cup or any other big tournament?  The 2020 Ryder Cup will be in my neck of the woods (Whistling Straits - Kohler, WI) and my home course is helping to sponsor a hole with volunteers.  You are expected to work four shifts of four hours each.  Cost is $250 (which sucks) but you get the following:

• Ryder Cup volunteer uniform by Ralph Lauren
    • Rumored to be jacket, two polos, and a hat
  • Free Parking
  • Free Food/Beverages
  • AND.....a personalized credential for all six days of the event

I've never been to a Ryder Cup before and am leaning towards the volunteer option to make sure I get access to the grounds for all 6 days of practice/play.  No matter what I hope to attend at least one day but who knows what the cost will be if I'm not selected through the ticket raffle.  Double face value?  Triple?

So fellow spies, what sayeth you?  Is spending $250 and dealing with loud drunk fans for 16 hours of volunteer work worth full week access to the Ryder Cup (and a few shirts)?  I'd be on Hole 8.

2135474899_Hole8.jpg.2af51e3edcacea34bd146107d49779d4.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I did find this pricing chart from shortly before the 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine in Minnesota.  Prices aren't cheap for the tournament days.

Event

Avg. Resale Price

Current Listing Price

Tues. Practice Round

$47

$46

Wed. Practice Round

$64

$51

Thurs. Practice Round

$144

$114

Fri. Competition Round

$398

$317

Sat. Competition Round

$406

$323

Sun. Competition Round

$397

$295

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

If it was me I would definitely do it. I have never volunteered for golf events but I have for several curling events which are normally 10 or so days and typically 12-20 hour days. Thankfully now I get paid to do those events, but it was the volunteering experiences that are some of the most enjoyable! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I volunteered for the 2013 PGA at Oak Hill. It was $125 and we were given a Cutter & Buck polo as well as 1/4 zip that I still both wear.

The work requirements were the same as what you posted and to be honest, I think it was fair.

You get better access to players and their caddies and it’s not a bad way to spend the week.

What does happen however is some folks commit to help and once they receive their credentials they bounce. They’ll still gain access despite flaking on their commitment so don’t be surprised if they ask you to put in additional shifts.

I submitted to volunteer for the Ryder Cup so who knows, maybe I’ll end up in Wisconsin next September.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Indeed.  I'd do it in a heartbeat.  It's an experience most never get to do.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

What does happen however is some folks commit to help and once they receive their credentials they bounce. They’ll still gain access despite flaking on their commitment so don’t be surprised if they ask you to put in additional shifts.

I submitted to volunteer for the Ryder Cup so who knows, maybe I’ll end up in Wisconsin next September.

That would be my biggest fear; people sign up to volunteer but then back out and the rest of us have to pick up the slack.  I would hope it wouldn't be a big issue on the hole since the majority of the volunteers would be people from my course.  If they did skip out they would never hear the end of it.

I think they already picked the volunteers from the initial sign up list.  I read somewhere they had over 30,000 people sign up for fewer than 4k spots.

9 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

That would be my biggest fear; people sign up to volunteer but then back out and the rest of us have to pick up the slack.  I would hope it wouldn't be a big issue on the hole since the majority of the volunteers would be people from my course.  If they did skip out they would never hear the end of it.

I think they already picked the volunteers from the initial sign up list.  I read somewhere they had over 30,000 people sign up for fewer than 4k spots.

Your situation would likely be different with the familiarity of everyone pitching in. You’re right, It’s definitely closed...and just like the Masters ticketing, being denied the opportunity to participate is a “tradition unlike any other.”

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

For me it would be worth it, but I love volunteering at golf events.  I have volunteered for the last 11 years at my local LPGA event,  have done a Champions Tour Event, and a Symetra tour event.  I volunteer at my local event because I would be attending the event and the cost to volunteer is roughly the same as buying a ticket.  Yes,  volunteers don't show  up,  but since it your club doing a hole you probably won't have that issue.   Every job is different and you have to see what you like.  Standing on a single hole wouldn't be the job I would pick, but I talk to others that think it is the best job to have.    I would love to have the opportunity to volunteer at an event like the Ryder Cup.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For $250 that would be a no brainer for me.

To think a trip to the Ryder Cup in Paris would have cost me about $3000 and I'm just 1 hour flight away!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Sounds like a great opportunity to me.  It would be an unforgettable experience, I'm sure.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Do it! When the Outback ProAm was in Tampa, we paid $75 got a Greg Norman uniform(cap, shirt and jacket) extra tickets for family/friends, access during the tournament plus a free round of golf after the tournament. We only had to work 3 - 6 hour shifts. It was a terrific deal, plus up close access to all the Players.

If the Ryder Cup came to Tampa, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I worked the PGA at Whistling a number of years back. It also included rounds of golf at Blackwolf run. There was a cost associated for the uniform and training sessions.

Well worth it and I’m sure the Ryder Cup will be even more so.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am volunteering at the Rocket Mortgage Classic this summer in Detroit. My cost was $75 and I receive similar benefits to what you listed. I think it is well worth it as I get to see many different players and then have access to the course in my "off time" to watch whatever I would like. I think it's going to be a great experience.

For a Ryder Cup, in a heartbeat I would pay the $250 to volunteer. What an amazing opportunity!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I would do it, even if some may bail and you'll get extra shifts. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'd do it for sure! Sounds like an amazing opportunity. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I’ve volunteered at several PGA and LPGA events. I’ve even had the honor of walking along the course shoulder to shoulder with the players calling in club and distance to the producers. What I haven’t done is paid to volunteer. Maybe I’m missing something but that sounds a little loopy to me especially for an event as large as the Ryder Cup.

Is this fee a PGA requirement or a club requirement? If it is a club requirement I can almost understand the intent. If it’s a PGA requirement all I can do is shake my head.

Would I pay $250 for the right to volunteer my time to help ensure a successful event?? No!!! If it were not for volunteers the PGA would have to pay wages to every worker at every event. They save thousands of dollars by not having to pay these individuals.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I’ve volunteered at several PGA and LPGA events. I’ve even had the honor of walking along the course shoulder to shoulder with the players calling in club and distance to the producers. What I haven’t done is paid to volunteer. Maybe I’m missing something but that sounds a little loopy to me especially for an event as large as the Ryder Cup.

Is this fee a PGA requirement or a club requirement? If it is a club requirement I can almost understand the intent. If it’s a PGA requirement all I can do is shake my head.

Would I pay $250 for the right to volunteer my time to help ensure a successful event?? No!!! If it were not for volunteers the PGA would have to pay wages to every worker at every event. They save thousands of dollars by not having to pay these individuals.

You’re right. They save a TON by not paying people to work. Now, what they do instead, is sweeten the pot by giving out a full week grounds ticket to accompany a uniform that retails in excess for your fee.

Now in all honesty, you still end up ahead if you were planning on attending the event and you actually gain better access to players and their caddies.

I agree with you Steddy but until the system changes, it still ends up being a decent deal for golf fans.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

8 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

Steddy, from what I have seen active Military are used as volunteers during the event and from my discussions they don't typically pay to volunteer.   For the average volunteer, the fee is to cover the cost of the uniform and most importantly help ensure you have some skin in the game so you don't take the uniform and don't show up for your shifts.  People not showing up still happens, but I think the fee limits that.   There isn't a set fee as the amount seems to vary based on the event.   I pay $75 for my local LPGA tournament and I get 2 shirts,  hat, grounds access for the week for when I am not volunteering, 4 tickets for friends, and a round of golf after the event.  I would go to the event for the week and the cost for a weekly grounds ticket is $80 in advance.    Weekly tickets for the Ryder cup are typically in the $250 range so generally the cost to volunteer is a wash if you plan on going for the week.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The 2020 Ryder Cup also had more than 30,000 people sign up for less than 4K volunteer spots, so it’s not like they are hurting for numbers.

Before I start with this response I will acknowledge I’m making far more of this than the initial question and responses would justify. However, please indulge my guilty pleasures for a minute.

We will use the numbers quoted for the Ryder Cup as our working example with the understanding these numbers vary from event to event.

The average wage grade employee in Wisconsin makes $11.37 per hour. If each of the 3000 volunteers must work a minimum of four 8 hour days the overall projected salary for this work force would be approximately $1.1 million.

In contrast if each volunteer “pays” $250 each to work four days that’s a a starting profit of 750k. If you subtract the items that have a true real cost (shirts, hat, cost to make the badges and daily box lunch) approximately $150 per volunteer the PGA tour still pockets $300k for the week through its “volunteer” program opposed to paying out over a cool million.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

21 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

Before I start with this response I will acknowledge I’m making far more of this than the initial question and responses would justify. However, please indulge my guilty pleasures for a minute.

We will use the numbers quoted for the Ryder Cup as our working example with the understanding these numbers vary from event to event.

The average wage grade employee in Wisconsin makes $11.37 per hour. If each of the 3000 volunteers must work a minimum of four 8 hour days the overall projected salary for this work force would be approximately $1.1 million.

In contrast if each volunteer “pays” $250 each to work for days that’s a a starting profit of 750k. If you subtract the items that have a true real cost (shirts, hat, cost to make the badges and daily box lunch) approximately $150 per volunteer the PGA tour pockets $300k for the week through its “volunteer” program opposed to paying out over a cool million.

I agree the PGA is making out very well by getting volunteers to do a lot of their work.  If you look at it from a straight math perspective it's not going to work out in the consumer's favor.  What you are basically paying for is the experience of getting to see a tournament up close and personal.  It's very difficult to quantify the price of an experience like that.

If they charged money to volunteer for the Greater Milwaukee Open or any other lesser event there's no way I would do it. $250 for the Ryder Cup that has never been in Wisconsin and may not come back?  To me that's worth it.  I don't really even care about the shirts/jacket/hat they give out.  I would gladly pay $250 and give 16 hours of my week for a 6 day pass to one of the most exclusive and prestigious golf events there is.

I volunteered every year we had the South Georgia Classic here in town.  I always chose to be a walking scorer.  I'm not sure if that's an option but if you get selected and you can do that, it's hands down the best job of them all.  Often times I'd finish up 18 and they'd ask me to go take over 9 for someone who couldn't make it or even pull a double.  You can't ask for better access to the event.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Hi. 

New to this forum however thought I would pass my thoughts across. I live in the UK and last year’s Ryder Cup outside Paris would have cost me approximately €150 for a single Saturday or Sunday ticket. That did not include my travel or accommodation costs. I had the opportunity when they went on sale to purchase through the selection process however I could not justify spending close to €600 to see one day of the competition.

I did enter the 2020 volunteer draw and have successfully been chosen. Appreciated I will need to fly out to the States however having close friends near Kohler my accommodation is sorted.

Paying the $250 fee is a no brainier for me as it will provide full access for all 6 days even though technically I will be working for free. Daily tickets will not be far off that initial cost. It will also provide a once in a lifetime experience and memories of what this competition is about.

To the original poster “just do it”. 

• 3 months later...
I just got an email saying I was selected to work in the “Shops Committee”. Weighing the option. Not only the $250ish fee but I’m sure hotels will be outrageous that week. 

It’s Sheboygan, WI. The nearest hotel available at this point will be in Chicago.

I read an article last week that said all rooms are booked even in Milwaukee.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

No hesitation, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!!!

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

I guess volunteering at a PGA for entry is a good reasonable deal if you plan to attend as a non volunteer as well. I guess it just sits wrong wirh me when you look at the size of the purse at stake. At least dont charge the volunteers for clothing. I guess I would feel like a chump buying my clothing to volunteer at an event where the purse is in the millions at each event. 

Your time and money so your choice. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 4/28/2019 at 4:36 AM, SteddyGolf said:

when the RC came to Gleneagles (my home course at that time) I was keen to 'volunteer' providing my valuable time (away from work) and being told where to work and on shifts possibly just at one point like a crosswalk all day. Then I saw they wanted a serious amount of cash for me to 'work' for them! ok, you get a uniform and fed and close to the stars but at the end of the day I'm still working and have to do what my supervisor dictates each day.

Paying to go to work just doesnt sit well with me and seems like the antithesis of being a 'volunteer'.

Must just be me though as it was over subscribed just like every other tournament, yet they make millions and pay out millions in prize money.

I thoroughly enjoyed the RC at Gleneagles...........from the comfort of my sofa in front of a Large HD TV...and no-one telling me what to do...except my wife lol

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 4 weeks later...

Have my committee assignment. Email came through during the Summer. Have appreciated that previous volunteers get first choice. No issue with me. Ended up working in the merchandise side. Fully happy with that as should be loads of fun. As for accommodation. Went Airbnb and bagged a fantastic price at a B and B in Plymouth which is 30 minutes away from course. Cannot wait until this time next year. The cost of volunteer price out-ways the experience that will be had next year. It seriously is a no brainer as the overall cost of a week’s ticket price is astronomical without even finding somewhere to stay in the local area.