TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, palvord said:

Too wet to practice or play.

Plenty of time to write.

When I go quiet on here, it means doom for all of you.

When are you all going to realise that second is the best you can hope for? 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

1 hour ago, palvord said:

Too wet to practice or play.

Plenty of time to write.

When I go quiet on here, it means doom for all of you.

1 hour quiet, and still no doom for me. 😉

2 hours ago, bardle said:

Another 9 holes. Another 49. If I keep improving like this with the clubs I have, then you guys have no chance when I get the cobras. 

If all y'all keep shooting low, everyone is going to go backwards when the challenge starts. 

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Keep dreaming but it's not going to happen 😝😁😎

You suck.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Not so solid 83 today.  I was absolutely horrible off the tee as my Arccos summary can attest to.

IMG_0554.PNG.230072f26b8dc56adaf85a408110e943.PNG

In my defense it was 45 degrees and the course was a swamp since this is our 4th straight day with rain.  Here are a couple of pictures from the course.

IMG_0553.jpg.184583f0e0c0090078a8a23019e70ca0.jpgIMG_0552.jpg.457938008de623e1bb36fcab28d7ccbc.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

45 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Not so solid 83 today.  I was absolutely horrible off the tee as my Arccos summary can attest to.

In my defense it was 45 degrees and the course was a swamp since this is our 4th straight day with rain.  Here are a couple of pictures from the course.

IMG_0553.jpg.184583f0e0c0090078a8a23019e70ca0.jpgIMG_0552.jpg.457938008de623e1bb36fcab28d7ccbc.jpg

Oof, those are some rough course conditions, pretty solid round though otherwise. 

Thought I would share my first Arccos birdie 😁

Screenshot_20190503-215735.png

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

58 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Thought I would share my first Arccos birdie 😁

Nice!! Looking forward to seeing a lot more of those. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

That Scratch chipping handicap though! 🤩

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

That Scratch chipping handicap though! 🤩

Would love to brag about my chipping prowess but it was based off of two chips. Sample size is definitely skewing it. Here are my overall baseline stats after 4.5 rounds.

IMG_0555.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ok gentlemen here are a few early thoughts concerning Shot Scope V Arccos...

Both lots of sensors are easy to install but the Arccos sensors fit and sit soooo much better on top of the grip. They just look better and not as fragile as the Shot Scope ones do on grips with a rounded top.

Both systems are easy to use but Arccos for me is by far easier.

The ability to check if your shot registered and edit the hole as you play is a massive win for Arccos. No more editing the round later that night for me 😁. I was even able to finish a round in virtual darkness, when the sensors wouldn't work, by adding shots as I hit them.

Being able to look at a map of the hole as you play is fantastic so another win for Arccos. Yes Shot Scope gives yards to the front, middle and back of the green no matter what angle you are on and distance to hazards but to see the layout of the hole really helps me visualize the shot.

Both systems give fantastic stats and can really help focus your mind on the problem areas of your game but the way Arccos present the data makes so much sense to me. I love the handicap presentation for each category and after just a couple of rounds it has already pointed out the areas I knew I had to work on. Good grief my chipping sucks 🤮

So there are a few thoughts and I think we know who the winner is 😊. I have to say that I still love the Shot Scope and think it is a fantastic product. I had a ball testing it for the past year and would have happily kept using it had this wonderful bit of fortune not come my way. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good, solid, easy to use tracking system. But now I am sold on Arccos. I remember saying that I didn't need all of the flashy bells and whistles...oh how wrong I was!! 

By the way I am an Android user and my phone is a Nokia 7 Plus 😁😎

I have some Arccos Wishlist items that I would like, so I'll be the negative guy to balance this out. 

Coming from using 18 birdies as a rangefinder and stat tracker, there are a few things that I desperately miss / wish Arccos had.

1. Point and click distance to any target on the course. For example, I use 18 birdies to measure distance to hazards and layup distances to certain points on par 5s and even par 4s if I hit a stray shot. I also like to hit to certain full shot distances because I'm not great at feel shots. The only yardages that I've seen from using Arccos on the course is the distance to green functions, which are awesome btw, but not useful in this particular scenario. NOTE: This may change once the Caddie feature kicks in, but for now I am just guessing yardages to get to the next shot on Par 5's and long Par 4's. If anyone knows a way to do what I'm saying please tell me, it could be ignorance, but I even went through the Arccos Academy and looked for that particular feature and did not see it anywhere. 

2. Zooming in when editing a shot. 

- For whatever reason, You cannot zoom in when adding a shot. I add most of my shots around the green so If I try to add a shot while on course, the UI is literally a zoomed out photo of tee to green. Not bad for a par 3 but for a 490 yd par 5 its basically impossible to correctly add the shot. Currently I have to go back to the round and edit shots around the green on every hole after every round on my laptop because you also cannot zoom in post round while editing. NOTE: For putts and flag editing you can zoom in on the green although you cannot add second putt locations. So for example you only get your first putt distance to edit and the flag area.  

Again, maybe I'm missing something. If either of these two things are possible then someone please let me know. 

Last thing: So far I actually find it really easy to use most everything on Arccos, these are just a couple of things that I really do not understand why they aren't a feature of the product, but tracking shots has been easy, adding penalties is easy and the distance to green function is really pretty incredible. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I have some Arccos Wishlist items that I would like, so I'll be the negative guy to balance this out. 
Coming from using 18 birdies as a rangefinder and stat tracker, there are a few things that I desperately miss / wish Arccos had.
1. Point and click distance to any target on the course. For example, I use 18 birdies to measure distance to hazards and layup distances to certain points on par 5s and even par 4s if I hit a stray shot. I also like to hit to certain full shot distances because I'm not great at feel shots. The only yardages that I've seen from using Arccos on the course is the distance to green functions, which are awesome btw, but not useful in this particular scenario. NOTE: This may change once the Caddie feature kicks in, but for now I am just guessing yardages to get to the next shot on Par 5's and long Par 4's. If anyone knows a way to do what I'm saying please tell me, it could be ignorance, but I even went through the Arccos Academy and looked for that particular feature and did not see it anywhere. 

2. Zooming in when editing a shot. 
- For whatever reason, You cannot zoom in when adding a shot. I add most of my shots around the green so If I try to add a shot while on course, the UI is literally a zoomed out photo of tee to green. Not bad for a par 3 but for a 490 yd par 5 its basically impossible to correctly add the shot. Currently I have to go back to the round and edit shots around the green on every hole after every round on my laptop because you also cannot zoom in post round while editing. NOTE: For putts and flag editing you can zoom in on the green although you cannot add second putt locations. So for example you only get your first putt distance to edit and the flag area.  
Again, maybe I'm missing something. If either of these two things are possible then someone please let me know. 
Last thing: So far I actually find it really easy to use most everything on Arccos, these are just a couple of things that I really do not understand why they aren't a feature of the product, but tracking shots has been easy, adding penalties is easy and the distance to green function is really pretty incredible. 

@Bardle, you’re using an Android, correct?

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

51 minutes ago, palvord said:

@Bardle, you’re using an Android, correct?

Indeed! 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Indeed! 

I thought so. Please take all of these tips with a grain of salt then, as I have only used Arccos on an iPhone.

The issues you bring up were some of the initial concerns that I had with Arccos when I started testing it. I didn’t end up talking about it in my review though as I figured them out as I spent more time with the system.

To find distances to specific targets, I press and hold on the screen with one finger. A scope like cursor appears that I can drag to any location and I’ll receive the distance to that location (real and plays like yardage) as well as the distance to the green from that target. Next time I play, I’ll try and screenshot what it looks like.

For zooming in to place shots in the correct location, I choose Edit, then Add Shot. I tap in the general vicinity of where I think the shot should be, select the club, and then use the two finger sliding away from each other move to get the screen to zoom in and then drag the shot to the appropriate location.

I hope the zooming in description made any sense and helps you. I’ve tried the triple tap to zoom move and that doesn’t work for me.

👆99% sure those apply to both Android and iOS.

Here's that screenshot, you can do it even if you're not at the course just by hitting "start round." Great for plotting out a course you've never played before. 

7D1BCBE3-006E-44F2-9631-D04CC70A9365.jpeg

An extra tip I've found adding shots around the green is to click the green view for putting/flags then edit from there to add a flub err chip 😎 You can still place wedge shots outside the green area. 

7C93761A-489B-47A6-AA61-F0238804500F.jpeg

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

99% sure those apply to both Android and iOS.

Here's that screenshot, you can do it even if you're not at the course just by hitting "start round." Great for plotting out a course you've never played before. 
7D1BCBE3-006E-44F2-9631-D04CC70A9365.thumb.jpeg.0e2995eab46c93eeb553ee6d32c8205d.jpeg
An extra tip I've found adding shots around the green is to click the green view for putting/flags then edit from there to add a flub err chip  You can still place wedge shots outside the green area. 

7C93761A-489B-47A6-AA61-F0238804500F.thumb.jpeg.b32c8c9143f89485f55fca7512399a13.jpeg

Shouldn’t you have that set in tournament mode? 🤫

7 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Shouldn’t you have that set in tournament mode? emoji848.png🤫

Fun fact: It was actually in tourney mode for my first screenshot. Then I thought a normal mode pic would be better for the purposes of this thread so I went back. 

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now 😵. Today's round was my best official round for four years 😁😎

Screenshot_20190504-190642.png

8 hours ago, palvord said:

I thought so. Please take all of these tips with a grain of salt then, as I have only used Arccos on an iPhone.

The issues you bring up were some of the initial concerns that I had with Arccos when I started testing it. I didn’t end up talking about it in my review though as I figured them out as I spent more time with the system.

To find distances to specific targets, I press and hold on the screen with one finger. A scope like cursor appears that I can drag to any location and I’ll receive the distance to that location (real and plays like yardage) as well as the distance to the green from that target. Next time I play, I’ll try and screenshot what it looks like.

For zooming in to place shots in the correct location, I choose Edit, then Add Shot. I tap in the general vicinity of where I think the shot should be, select the club, and then use the two finger sliding away from each other move to get the screen to zoom in and then drag the shot to the appropriate location.

I hope the zooming in description made any sense and helps you. I’ve tried the triple tap to zoom move and that doesn’t work for me.

Brilliant, thanks @palvord and @GolfSpy STUDque 😁. You've answered a couple of weeks questions I had 😁😎

Edited by Nunfa0

Just now, sirchunksalot said:

Great round! I'm amazed by that putting handicap you posted, that's crazy good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yup but it had to be good to cover my awful chipping 😜😎

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now . Today's round was my best official round for four years
Screenshot_20190504-190642.thumb.png.08a6a28af3df76d4c229acafca2de0b2.png

Congrats on the new best round!

It’ll help so much when you come back down to reality in competition.

11 minutes ago, palvord said:

Congrats on the new best round!

It’ll help so much when you come back down to reality in competition.

Thanks mate 😄 Not quite an all-time best, I'm saving that for when I'm swinging the Cobras 😁😎

8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

An extra tip I've found adding shots around the green is to click the green view for putting/flags then edit from there to add a flub err chip 😎 You can still place wedge shots outside the green area. 

Yesssss this is what I needed. I knew I was just missing something. I wonder how they expect people to know the long press thing for yardage to a target that isn't the green...? Did I also miss a tutorial or something in startup? Even the academy on their website didn't have instructions for it. Hmmm

Also I swear I tried using the normal zoom in thing several times. That being said it is 85 here now when I golf so it could just be that there was some moisture on my screen confusing the gestures.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now 😵. Today's round was my best official round for four years 😁😎

Well done!

Has anyone used their Arccos for a scramble?  Just wondering if I should even bother turning the system on this morning or just enjoy the round since I would have to delete the stats anyway.

11 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Well done!

Has anyone used their Arccos for a scramble?  Just wondering if I should even bother turning the system on this morning or just enjoy the round since I would have to delete the stats anyway.

Let it play! Let's see how good your team does. I've always been curious what a scramble handicap looks like. 

After, you can tap "Exclude from Statistics" so the round remains but it won't annihilate your HC. 

41629228-4115-4B37-9541-B785F1BB306C.jpeg

Well done!

It’s fantastic in a scramble! If your team is any good that is. You come home with some of the best handicap data ever.

10 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I really like the Arccos product, but am kinda annoyed with the fee structure. I'd personally rather pay a little more upfront, for no surprise fees down the road. To be clear on the fees, (because their website is NOT) the 360/caddie sensors are one year free and then $99 and the grips are one month free and then $99. Correct? 

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Awesome round!

As they say, shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll still land among the stars! (Although in this case, if you miss, you'll just land in the trees and find yourself in last 😁)

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

I'd personally rather pay a little more upfront, for no surprise fees down the road. To be clear on the fees, (because their website is NOT) the 360/caddie sensors are one year free and then $99 and the grips are one month free and then $99. Correct? 

Whew busy day for me in this thread. Here's what I found:

EDFC6CED-0308-4446-93DA-C240CCE20ECB.jpeg

37A15178-46B1-4EFF-9D09-E6DAD0C01F5B.jpeg

Based on your desires, I'd say the sensors are your best value. So far, the customer support has been very helpful replacing broken sensors so I'd guess they'll last you for a few years if you can control your urge to buy any new replacement products they come out with in the future. 

17 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:
Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now . Today's round was my best official round for four years
Screenshot_20190504-190642.thumb.png.08a6a28af3df76d4c229acafca2de0b2.png

Maybe Cobra can send you 14 wedges, looks like that would benefit you most.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Finished 5th out of 9 teams in the scramble this morning.  My three playing partners were all 65+ so it was pretty much up to me if we wanted a tee shot more than 200 yards.  Putting handicap was pretty good considering we had 4 tries at every putt.

IMG_0562.PNG.89c4e8cd44bcf34196281ecb8ea7ea5d.PNG

When I was in the clubhouse enjoying an after round beverage my Ring doorbell gave me a notification of someone at my front door.

IMG_0561.PNG.6897232aaeea2fe2bbab901dc02c1fb1.PNG

Oh boy.

IMG_0560.jpg.a72f6ae53a225ee935d3e9d76cab4b4d.jpg

0D072BC1-9488-47D9-80DA-48059BCCF9FB-26929-000009E43CBDEA95.gif