Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

This poll is closed to new votes

How is Arccos working for you guys? I had it early last year and it missed so many shots I quit using it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I found taking my phone out of its case and making sure the screen is facing outwards works the best. It hasn’t missed a shot since I started doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

11 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

How is Arccos working for you guys? I had it early last year and it missed so many shots I quit using it.

Nearly perfect with my android phone, I was a little worried about battery usage but even that is minimal 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

Here’s what Arccos said for me on Bethpage Black hole 10 IMG_0323.thumb.JPG.7617280f02c169f05c438ff6355a60bd.JPG

I guess it knows I gonna 3 putt emoji23.png

Apparently Nunfa0 (Team #youdamnwellbetterhaka, #maybeMaori, #totallyhappening), is more deadly with a 3W than you are with a 6 irons. 

Regards,

Team GB13 #heckler

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Glad the Arccos is working great for you guys.. I had to take my phone out of the case and turn it backwards to work the best and it still would miss a few shots around, mostly putts though.. the caddie worked good when I remembered to use it. 

For the record I'm not choosing sides like other people, @Wedgie, I'm rooting for all of you to do great.. I will heckle, laugh at, and generally make fun of all of you equally.. 

And the way I see it @Nunfa0, is Rt handed.. since he's under the equator that means he upside down and Lh makes now Rt handed, or am i way off the mark.. HAHAHA

and @robertson153 Blake just cause Arccos registered the one drive you hit off the cart path down wind does not mean you will driving like that all year long.. Come back to earth... You by default will be @fozcycle choice to win.. that whole UK connection thing.. Seriously killing it if the caddie is giving you Driver, 6I for that hole.. nice work.. 

Edited by Reesedw

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

As shocking as he might think, I'm with #TeamKiwi. When Aussies and Kiwis play against each other, we're the worst of enemies...but when we play against someone else, cousins have to support each other.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

As shocking as he might think, I'm with #TeamKiwi. When Aussies and Kiwis play against each other, we're the worst of enemies...but when we play against someone else, cousins have to support each other.

OMG.. you just got suckered in....  New Zealand is to Australia what Canada is to the US. Kind of an annoyance but fun to party with... Canada is America lite, Same basic lifestyle just not quite as good.. 

Let me guess down under you were left handed also?? 

Edited by Reesedw

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

3 hours ago, Reesedw said:

OMG.. you just got suckered in....  New Zealand is to Australia what Canada is to the US. Kind of an annoyance but fun to party with... Canada is America lite, Same basic lifestyle just not quite as good.. 

Let me guess down under you were left handed also?? 

Not suckered, I walked in with my eyes wide open!! 😁 Now, the left handed is a strange one. I am actually left handed but throw, bat, play golf etc right handed and my right arm is my strongest. 🤪 I'll leave you to work it out.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, MattF said:

Not suckered, I walked in with my eyes wide open!! 😁 Now, the left handed is a strange one. I am actually left handed but throw, bat, play golf etc right handed and my right arm is my strongest. 🤪 I'll leave you to work it out.

Same as me!! 😁😎

Nice to see the ANZAC spirit is still strong mate 😄🇦🇺🇳🇿

Edited by Nunfa0

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

As someone who was not a fan of the dropped shots problem during my review in the fall of 2018, I have been blown away this spring with the new update to Arccos.

I’ve played two rounds down here in Virginia Beach with only looking to Arccos for distances. At the end of both rounds, Arccos had only missed one full swing and four tap in putts. 36 holes and only 5 “missed” shots with 4 of those being tap ins. I am blown away with how much better the system is compared to the fall.

The data has also become more defined as I have played more rounds. This was something I felt would happen, but it is great to see it in action. The handicap dashboards not only show you the Arccos handicap, but then your true trends can be drilled down even further.

For example:
IMG_1004.PNG

IMG_1003.PNG

When I have a GIR, my average is 2.2 putts. That means I’m taking birdie opportunities and turning them into bogies. Something I need to address.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Y'all are lucky I'm not in the contest. 😜 After today, my baseline would be so high, y'all wouldn't stand a chance. 😁

12 hours ago, palvord said:

As someone who was not a fan of the dropped shots problem during my review in the fall of 2018, I have been blown away this spring with the new update to Arccos.

I’ve played two rounds down here in Virginia Beach with only looking to Arccos for distances. At the end of both rounds, Arccos had only missed one full swing and four tap in putts. 36 holes and only 5 “missed” shots with 4 of those being tap ins. I am blown away with how much better the system is compared to the fall.

The data has also become more defined as I have played more rounds. This was something I felt would happen, but it is great to see it in action. The handicap dashboards not only show you the Arccos handicap, but then your true trends can be drilled down even further.

For example:
IMG_1004.PNG

IMG_1003.PNG

When I have a GIR, my average is 2.2 putts. That means I’m taking birdie opportunities and turning them into bogies. Something I need to address.

I have been blown away at how easy it is to use, how accurate it is and how easy it is to understand the statistics. This is a system that I can really see having an effect on my handicap 😁😎

So yesterday we had beautiful weather and 66 degrees (19C), today heavy rain and 42 degrees (6C) 😵. To quote a little known TV show.... "Winter is coming" 🥶🌨️⛄❄️

Hey all, I just got caught up with the pr3 test chatter. Seems there is a challenge to see if anyone can Best my number of rounds played during the challenge. I seriously doubt it will be beat. As for any favorites, my blood is blue! #Team153

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just now, fozcycle said:

Hey all, I just got caught up with the pr3 test chatter. Seems there is a challenge to see if anyone can Best my number of rounds played during the challenge. I seriously doubt it will be beat. As for any favorites, my blood is blue! #Team153

Oh wow....Foz backing Team153 is like having Yoda on your team.  

Anyone have Bardle's flight schedule for today?  We need to regroup after this announcement!

Regards,

Team Bardle

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, Wedgie said:

Oh wow....Foz backing Team153 is like having Yoda on your team.  

Anyone have Bardle's flight schedule for today?  We need to regroup after this announcement!

Regards,

Team Bardle

Yeah but the Jedi had Yoda on their side and look how well it's gone for them 😜

You guys every look at the MPF (Maltby Playability Factor)?  It is basically a list that categorizes all the irons based on forgiveness.  It lists the F9 irons as Ultra Game Improvement.  Hard to find a more forgiving iron out there than these.

https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_COBRA.pdf

Regards,

Team Bardle

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

35 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Boom, Mike drop.. I called that one..

Also I never let the cat out of the bag about the number of rounds you got in.. then again no one has asked.. 😉

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Hmm, this is a pretty big discrepancy.  Old irons were considered Conventional with a MPF of 517.  New F9's are Ultra Game Improvement with an 887 MPF.  It will be interesting to see if that actually means anything in the grand scheme of things.

AP2.JPG.f43289e5b6e5b3102bb637b3e636b02e.JPG

F9.JPG.1179cb2d2652228f844e97fee6fc48f1.JPG

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 minute ago, Bucky CC said:

Hmm, this is a pretty big discrepancy.  Old irons were considered Convetional with a MPF of 517.  New F9's are Ultra Game Improvement with an 887 MPF.  It will be interesting to see if that actually means anything in the grand scheme of things.

AP2.JPG.f43289e5b6e5b3102bb637b3e636b02e.JPG

F9.JPG.1179cb2d2652228f844e97fee6fc48f1.JPG

You being the low handicap of the group it will be interesting to see how you get along with these clubs.  I don't know how much stock you can put into the MPF but I can say for myself, the higher the MPF the better the results have been.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

There he is!! With the support, secrets, and mental coaching I’m getting from the one and only Foz, you guys surely know by now this is gonna be a landslide!!! Blood may be thicker than water, but, blue blood is thicker than molasses on a cold winter day. Welcome Foz to Team 153.

CobraConnectChallenge3

54 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

You being the low handicap of the group it will be interesting to see how you get along with these clubs.  I don't know how much stock you can put into the MPF but I can say for myself, the higher the MPF the better the results have been.

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how Bucky likes playing a club that is rated as an ultra GI. To be fair, I'm not a huge believer in the MPF, but I do think it is a very good starting point. If Cobra packed the forgiveness of a UGI into a GI looking body, they could have a home run. 

Regards,

Team GB13

Edited by GB13

2 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

There he is!! With the support, secrets, and mental coaching I’m getting from the one and only Foz, you guys surely know by now this is gonna be a landslide!!! Blood may be thicker than water, but, blue blood is thicker than molasses on a cold winter day. Welcome Foz to Team 153.

You get Foz...Bardle gets me.  Just doesn't seem fair to Bardle now does it?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, GB13 said:

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how Bucky likes playing a club that is rated as an ultra GI. To be fair, I'm not a huge believer in the MPF, but I do think it is a very good starting point. If Cobra packed the forgiveness of a UGI into a GI looking body, they could have a home run. 

Regards,

Team GB13

Agreed!  If I had to guess I'd say the long irons will benefit Bucky but he will lose accuracy in the short irons.  That is my experience anyway.  

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

Agreed!  If I had to guess I'd say the long irons will benefit Bucky but he will lose accuracy in the short irons.  That is my experience anyway.  

That's my exact thought from two ranges sessions and quick nine holes with my kids.  A little help with the long irons could never hurt, but it's going to suck if I'm hitting 7-PW 10 yards over the green every other shot.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Last two Thursdays my 9 hole league has been rained out (still played though).  Current radar looks like this:

thumbnail_IMG_0710.jpg.527a667485bbe78cfffbf1eb9388d4c8.jpg

Hey @GolfSpy STUDque, need any last minute Galway Bay testers?

You get Foz...Bardle gets me.  Just doesn't seem fair to Bardle now does it?

The scales seem to be tilted one direction . Now if I could just get GB13 to bring his psychological warfare to my side.

CobraConnectChallenge3

14 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

The scales seem to be tilted one direction emoji16.png. Now if I could just get GB13 to bring his psychological warfare to my side.

If only! Maybe I'll pick sides... maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just heckle all of you. 

Regards,

Team TBD

4 minutes ago, GB13 said:

If only! Maybe I'll pick sides... maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just heckle all of you. 

Regards,

Team TBD

Team Statler and Waldorf?

download.jpg.d812b16f048562b13dba6b3e72d3b869.jpg