TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Learned a very valuable lesson playing 9 holes with the Cobras tonight.  If you blade a wedge your ball will fly over the green by a good 20 yards or more.  That is all!

download.jpg.7e7ee732a211ac76678de0f242b1b506.jpg

I'm sure it was the clubs fault, right?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

10 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Dude seriously!? You know Greek mythology but not the Muppets? Yet another reason for Stud to strangle you (check his profile pick) 😁😎

Yes, I know Greek mythology and not the muppets. In case you haven't figured it out already, I'm WEIRD!!  That'll go on the list of reasons. @GolfSpy STUDque, what is that, number 16? 

Regards,

Team #coverMYneck

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

First real test for the Cobras tomorrow. I’m playing in a 2 man tournament, 9 hole scramble, 9 hole alternate shot, 9 hole play your own. Not wanting to count my chickens yet, but, I’m pretty sure my partner and me will be bringing home the gold!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Just now, robertson153 said:

First real test for the Cobras tomorrow. I’m playing in a 2 man tournament, 9 hole scramble, 9 hole alternate shot, 9 hole play your own. Not wanting to count my chickens yet, but, I’m pretty sure my partner and me will be bringing home the gold!!

Good luck and it is nice to put them under pressure right away.  Let us know how it goes.  If you need any tips or advice Team Bardle can help.

Regards,

Team Bardle

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Good luck. 1️⃣🐓2️⃣🐓3️⃣🐓

Regards,

Team ????

Edited by GB13

Shot another 79 today (6 over), if only I could chip 🤪😁😎

Screenshot_20190518-182348.png

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

So since starting to build my baseline my actual handicap has gone from 12.4 to 10.9.

Definitely no sandbagging round here 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

So since starting to build my baseline my actual handicap has gone from 12.4 to 10.9.
Definitely no sandbagging round here

Mine has went from a 12.9 to an 11.8. That’s to be expected since it’s probably around my 25th round of the year, and it’s hot and humid now which I love.

CobraConnectChallenge3

24 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Mine has went from a 12.9 to an 11.8. That’s to be expected since it’s probably around my 25th round of the year, and it’s hot and humid now which I love.

I like it, this is shaping up to be one hell of a contest!!😁

7 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

My handicap index has gone from a 5.4 up to a 5.9 (and rising).

Played a full round for the first time with the Cobras today.  It was not pretty.  Ended up shooting an 87 which was my worst round since last June (also an 87).  I'm really struggling with the irons and have bladed more wedges than I can remember.

About 90% of the issue is in my head.  When I stop thinking about the irons being ultra game improvement and just swing I seem to hit good shots.  When I look down and see the cavity back sticking out and think about how I miss my AP2's I hit bad shots.  I just need to learn to turn my brain off.  My wife says I do that all the time at home already so it should just be a matter of applying it to the course.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Played a full round for the first time with the Cobras today.  It was not pretty.  Ended up shooting an 87 which was my worst round since last June (also an 87).  I'm really struggling with the irons and have bladed more wedges than I can remember.

About 90% of the issue is in my head.  When I stop thinking about the irons being ultra game improvement and just swing I seem to hit good shots.  When I look down and see the cavity back sticking out and think about how I miss my AP2's I hit bad shots.  I just need to learn to turn my brain off.  My wife says I do that all the time at home already so it should just be a matter of applying it to the course.

I'm not really having the same issues because there is virtually no size difference between the Cobras and my Hotmetals

Just having Arccos has caused my handicap to drop from 25.5 to 21.7. Pretty significant. It's important to note though that it could also easily be correlated with an increase in play. Apart from last week. I'm playing 36 holes a week now. I like to think it's a little bit of both. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Just having Arccos has caused my handicap to drop from 25.5 to 21.7. Pretty significant. It's important to note though that it could also easily be correlated with an increase in play. Apart from last week. I'm playing 36 holes a week now. I like to think it's a little bit of both. 

Could be solid coaching as well.

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, bardle said:

Clearly, I'm not heckling you enough. 

Regards,

Team #anyteambutbardle 😁😁😁

Well the 2 man tournament is in the books. Would’ve done really well if we could get off the tee. Iron and wedge play was outstanding, driver was another story. When I did hit the driver good we had several pars with the occasional birdie. It was miserably hot today, 89 with a lot of humidity. I don’t mind the heat but when you play27 holes in the hottest part of the day it takes a toll on ya. Definitely gonna spend some time on the range with the driver after today.

CobraConnectChallenge3

On 5/18/2019 at 7:07 AM, Nunfa0 said:

My actual handicap has gone from 15.2 to 14.7.

Arccos is kicking me in the teeth telling me to work on my approach game if I want to lower that handicap even more. With the F9's in play, I hope to stop leaving my shots woefully short of the green.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 5/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, bardle said:

Combo of both IMO.

Playing more will help lower the handicap, but the data from Arccos shows you what you need to work on instead of guessing at the range. Helps make practice more effective if you know the part of your game that needs the most work.

2 minutes ago, palvord said:

My actual handicap has gone from 15.2 to 14.7.

Arccos is kicking me in the teeth telling me to work on my approach game if I want to lower that handicap even more. With the F9's in play, I hope to stop leaving my shots woefully short of the green.

Yeah I really like the King wedges and hope they can help improve my woeful chipping 😁😎

On 5/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, Bucky CC said:

Are you becoming a self fulfilling prophecy in this challenge?

Before joining MGS, I didn't know that there were such categories as "players" iron or "game improvement" iron. Please, help me understand what the benefit is of a "players" iron to a lower handicapper such as yourself?

10 minutes ago, palvord said:

Are you becoming a self fulfilling prophecy in this challenge?

Before joining MGS, I didn't know that there were such categories as "players" iron or "game improvement" iron. Please, help me understand what the benefit is of a "players" iron to a lower handicapper such as yourself?

It's early yet so I'm trying hard not to jump to any conclusions.  The course conditions have been swampy all spring long so it may be winter rust and very wet conditions that are throwing me off.

I'll have more to write once we get deeper into the challenge but there are two things I've noticed so far with the F9 irons.

1. I find it easier to focus on ball striking with smaller/sleeker irons.  It's still strange to see the huge top line and chunky cavity on the Cobras.  With the new irons I find my mind wandering more to the club than concentrating on the ball and what shot I need to hit.
  2. My old set gave immediate feedback on how well a particular shot was struck and helped diagnose flaws to make mid-round changes.  The Cobras don't have that immediate feedback unless you hit one off the extreme toe or heel.  Every shot seems to feel the same, be very high, and go about the same distance.  That's actually ideal for most shots I'm just not used to it yet.

Is it love at first sight for me with the Cobra F9 irons?  No.  Are they wrong for me and I'll never play well with them?  Hell no!  Give me another month and I'll be perfectly fine.  Looking back at all of these early struggles will make my victory at the end that much more compelling.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

It's early yet so I'm trying hard not to jump to any conclusions.  The course conditions have been swampy all spring long so it may be winter rust and very wet conditions that are throwing me off.

I'll have more to write once we get deeper into the challenge but there are two things I've noticed so far with the F9 irons.

1. I find it easier to focus on ball striking with smaller/sleeker irons.  It's still strange to see the huge top line and chunky cavity on the Cobras.  With the new irons I find my mind wandering more to the club than concentrating on the ball and what shot I need to hit.
  2. My old set gave immediate feedback on how well a particular shot was struck and helped diagnose flaws to make mid-round changes.  The Cobras don't have that immediate feedback unless you hit one off the extreme toe or heel.  Every shot seems to feel the same, be very high, and go about the same distance.  That's actually ideal for most shots I'm just not used to it yet.

Is it love at first sight for me with the Cobra F9 irons?  No.  Are they wrong for me and I'll never play well with them?  Hell no!  Give me another month and I'll be perfectly fine.  Looking back at all of these early struggles will make my victory at the end that much more compelling.

Is it just the irons you're struggling with? How are the wedges treating you?

10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Winter rust and wet/swampy conditions make sense to not playing at your best yet.

Thank you for clarifying your current struggles with the irons. I'm still a novice in the equipment world, so none of these issues would have even entered my brain. 

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Is it just the irons you're struggling with? How are the wedges treating you?

Mainly the irons.  I've hit bad shots with the wedges but also enough really good ones to know that I'll figure them out.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, Reesedw said:

OMG.. you just got suckered in....  New Zealand is to Australia what Canada is to the US. Kind of an annoyance but fun to party with... Canada is America lite, Same basic lifestyle just not quite as good.. 

Let me guess down under you were left handed also?? 

@Reesedw As Robin Williams said, Canada is a loft apartment over a really great party.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, fozcycle said:

Hey all, I just got caught up with the pr3 test chatter. Seems there is a challenge to see if anyone can Best my number of rounds played during the challenge. I seriously doubt it will be beat. As for any favorites, my blood is blue! #Team153

@fozcycle I doubt any of us are going to be able to tackle your number. I am still baffled by how you were able to pull it off.

24 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Oh, is this still going on?

YES!!!!!  This will NEVER end!! 

Regards,

Team Kiwi? Assassin? Politician? Bardle? 153?

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

C0CFF5A3-4494-4E5F-96D4-E9032E77D604.gif

Patience Shankster, we will be starting soon.....

Edited by Nunfa0

YES!!!!!  This will NEVER end!! 
Regards,
Team Kiwi? Assassin? Politician? Bardle? 153?

Since assassin and 153 are both me, does this mean I have double the chances of you jumping on board?

CobraConnectChallenge3