GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now . Today's round was my best official round for four years
Screenshot_20190504-190642.thumb.png.08a6a28af3df76d4c229acafca2de0b2.png

Congrats on the new best round!

It’ll help so much when you come back down to reality in competition.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, palvord said:

Congrats on the new best round!

It’ll help so much when you come back down to reality in competition.

Thanks mate 😄 Not quite an all-time best, I'm saving that for when I'm swinging the Cobras 😁😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

👆99% sure those apply to both Android and iOS.

Here's that screenshot, you can do it even if you're not at the course just by hitting "start round." Great for plotting out a course you've never played before. 

7D1BCBE3-006E-44F2-9631-D04CC70A9365.jpeg

An extra tip I've found adding shots around the green is to click the green view for putting/flags then edit from there to add a flub err chip 😎 You can still place wedge shots outside the green area. 

7C93761A-489B-47A6-AA61-F0238804500F.jpeg

Yesssss this is what I needed. I knew I was just missing something. I wonder how they expect people to know the long press thing for yardage to a target that isn't the green...? Did I also miss a tutorial or something in startup? Even the academy on their website didn't have instructions for it. Hmmm

Also I swear I tried using the normal zoom in thing several times. That being said it is 85 here now when I golf so it could just be that there was some moisture on my screen confusing the gestures.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now 😵. Today's round was my best official round for four years 😁😎

Screenshot_20190504-190642.png

Well done!

Has anyone used their Arccos for a scramble?  Just wondering if I should even bother turning the system on this morning or just enjoy the round since I would have to delete the stats anyway.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Well done!

Has anyone used their Arccos for a scramble?  Just wondering if I should even bother turning the system on this morning or just enjoy the round since I would have to delete the stats anyway.

Let it play! Let's see how good your team does. I've always been curious what a scramble handicap looks like. 

After, you can tap "Exclude from Statistics" so the round remains but it won't annihilate your HC. 

41629228-4115-4B37-9541-B785F1BB306C.jpeg

• Like 3

Well done!

It’s fantastic in a scramble! If your team is any good that is. You come home with some of the best handicap data ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

👆99% sure those apply to both Android and iOS.

Here's that screenshot, you can do it even if you're not at the course just by hitting "start round." Great for plotting out a course you've never played before. 

7D1BCBE3-006E-44F2-9631-D04CC70A9365.jpeg

An extra tip I've found adding shots around the green is to click the green view for putting/flags then edit from there to add a flub err chip 😎 You can still place wedge shots outside the green area. 

7C93761A-489B-47A6-AA61-F0238804500F.jpeg

I really like the Arccos product, but am kinda annoyed with the fee structure. I'd personally rather pay a little more upfront, for no surprise fees down the road. To be clear on the fees, (because their website is NOT) the 360/caddie sensors are one year free and then $99 and the grips are one month free and then $99. Correct? 

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now 😵. Today's round was my best official round for four years 😁😎

Screenshot_20190504-190642.png

Awesome round!

As they say, shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll still land among the stars! (Although in this case, if you miss, you'll just land in the trees and find yourself in last 😁)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

I'd personally rather pay a little more upfront, for no surprise fees down the road. To be clear on the fees, (because their website is NOT) the 360/caddie sensors are one year free and then $99 and the grips are one month free and then $99. Correct? 

Whew busy day for me in this thread. Here's what I found:

EDFC6CED-0308-4446-93DA-C240CCE20ECB.jpeg

37A15178-46B1-4EFF-9D09-E6DAD0C01F5B.jpeg

Based on your desires, I'd say the sensors are your best value. So far, the customer support has been very helpful replacing broken sensors so I'd guess they'll last you for a few years if you can control your urge to buy any new replacement products they come out with in the future. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:
Well I've gone and set the bar very high for myself now . Today's round was my best official round for four years
Screenshot_20190504-190642.thumb.png.08a6a28af3df76d4c229acafca2de0b2.png

Maybe Cobra can send you 14 wedges, looks like that would benefit you most.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Finished 5th out of 9 teams in the scramble this morning.  My three playing partners were all 65+ so it was pretty much up to me if we wanted a tee shot more than 200 yards.  Putting handicap was pretty good considering we had 4 tries at every putt.

IMG_0562.PNG.89c4e8cd44bcf34196281ecb8ea7ea5d.PNG

When I was in the clubhouse enjoying an after round beverage my Ring doorbell gave me a notification of someone at my front door.

IMG_0561.PNG.6897232aaeea2fe2bbab901dc02c1fb1.PNG

Oh boy.

IMG_0560.jpg.a72f6ae53a225ee935d3e9d76cab4b4d.jpg

0D072BC1-9488-47D9-80DA-48059BCCF9FB-26929-000009E43CBDEA95.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Finished 5th out of 9 teams in the scramble this morning.  My three playing partners were all 65+ so it was pretty much up to me if we wanted a tee shot more than 200 yards.  Putting handicap was pretty good considering we had 4 tries at every putt.
When I was in the clubhouse enjoying an after round beverage my Ring doorbell gave me a notification of someone at my front door.
Oh boy.
That's exciting! Nothing like getting boxes delivered, it's like Christmas in May.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

That is the best line yet and he’s not even in the competition.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Wedgie said:

That is the best line yet and he’s not even in the competition.

I'm a +4 at sh*t talking! @Nunfa0 is a good dude and I know he won't take it personal. Saw an opportunity so I took it

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

That's a great idea!! 14 one length wedges from 9* to 60*. Maybe someone should mention it to Bryson 😜😁😎

• Like 5

I'm a +4 at sh*t talking! [mention=74192]Nunfa0[/mention] is a good dude and I know he won't take it personal. Saw an opportunity so I took it  

Yep, I’m a big Nunfa fan, just a great line!

• Like 2

That's a great idea!! 14 one length wedges from 9* to 60*. Maybe someone should mention it to Bryson

I went to the range today and the club pro was giving lessons to the guy next to me. He had the F9 one lengths and boy was he struggling with them. He moved to the driver and the pro had him wait until the fairway on the right cleared before he’d let him hit. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a slice like his.

I wanted to hit his clubs so bad but I left them alone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Oh boy.

0D072BC1-9488-47D9-80DA-48059BCCF9FB-26929-000009E43CBDEA95.gif

Oooh, it's always exciting to get new sticks, one of the best feelings in golf!

Y'all also might benefit from 56 wedges between y'all. 😉 

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'm a +4 at sh*t talking! [mention=74192]Nunfa0[/mention] is a good dude and I know he won't take it personal. Saw an opportunity so I took it emoji41.png

So far, I'd agree you are a +4. Nunfa0 is great, I've given him plenty of crap in this thread already, and he hasn't strangled me (yet). 😜

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I went to the range today and the club pro was giving lessons to the guy next to me. He had the F9 one lengths and boy was he struggling with them. He moved to the driver and the pro had him wait until the fairway on the right cleared before he’d let him hit. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a slice like his.

I wanted to hit his clubs so bad but I left them alone.

Clearly, you've never seen me hit a slice. 

I would have loved for you to hit them too, someone tell @bardle to hurry up and get/hit his one lengths! 

• Like 4

Just keep the comments and fun coming boys, I have broad shoulders and can take it 😁😎

On another note the matchplay team I have played for a few times this year won the competition today 😄😁. I didn't play but went along and caddied for my brother. He won his game after a back and forth fight.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, GB13 said:

would have loved for you to hit them too, someone tell @bardle to hurry up and get/hit his one lengths

They arrive on Tuesday! 

I probably won't hit them for a while though while I build my baseline. If they were conventional I might but I don't want to get used to the one lengths and negatively skew my baseline switching back to my old gamers. I don't want anyone to have an excuse when I win this thing. 

It's gonna take so much willpower to ignore the new shiny things and keep going with my current clubs. 😬

• Like 4

Took about 50 pictures of the new clubs this morning before I get them all dirty.  I still have one more baseline round to get in (hopefully later this week) before fully breaking these bad boys out.  It's going to be extremely difficult to have them sit in my house and not use them.

I'll post more pictures over the next few days along with my thoughts on how they compare to my current clubs.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present a few pictures from the winning bag!

IMG_0617.PNG.aeec7e4aa9a76d6b98f24a8da30bcfd2.PNG

• Like 6
  • Love 1