GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

19 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Guys this is starting very tame. c'mon you gotta step it up...

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You don't throw a haymaker on the first punch of the match. Just some warm-up jabs to find the soft spots first.

Stay patient @Reesedw, we will entertain.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Goodness boys, link to this site went up less than 2 hours ago and we're already on the 2nd page of comments!  Don't you have homes?

homes.jpg.2d237be8ef7c73ca79147755d8f1e07d.jpg

This summer could be interesting.  I can't control my shots right now thanks to the SuperSpeed distance gains over the winter, and I'll be switching to 13 brand new clubs in a few weeks.  I better get used to saying FORE RIGHT!!!!

Here are my social handles:

Twitter @bucky_cc

Instagram: bucky_cc

• Like 4

Just now, Bucky CC said:

Goodness boys, link to this site went up less than 2 hours ago and we're already on the 2nd page of comments!  Don't you have homes?

homes.jpg.2d237be8ef7c73ca79147755d8f1e07d.jpg

This summer could be interesting.  I can't control my shots right now thanks to the SuperSpeed distance gains over the winter, and I'll be switching to 13 brand new clubs in a few weeks.  I better get used to saying FORE RIGHT!!!!

Here are my social handles:

Twitter @bucky_cc

Instagram: bucky_cc

Some times I go to work to actually work. Other times I go to work to be on MGS all day.

Also, I hope you're not expecting sympathy for your new found loss of control due to your new found distance gains. I feel so bad for you that you can't keep the ball on the planet while swinging a club 11mph faster.

I just hope that in all the #cobraconnectchallenge rounds, the new speed means you find different places of the course you haven't explored yet. Like the deep woods. Or a new body of water.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, palvord said:

You don't throw a haymaker on the first punch of the match. Just some warm-up jabs to find the soft spots first.

Stay patient @Reesedw, we will entertain.

You better!

A haymaker might catch them off guard and get a knockout, but hey, stick with your "strategy" and lose! 

😉🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GB13 said:

You better!

A haymaker might catch them off guard and get a knockout, but hey, stick with your "strategy" and lose! 

😉🙂

This is a marathon event, not a sprint.

Is that a better analogy for you?

I also like to get to know my victims before eviscerating them with my destructive wit, and sometimes successful play on the course.

• Like 7

Just now, palvord said:

I also like to get to know my victims before eviscerating them with my destructive wit, and sometimes successful play on the course.

People run in a marathon! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yikes. I planned on self destructing during the competition; I didn’t realize there would also be destructive wit thrown my way. This is getting scary.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Yikes. I planned on self destructing during the competition; I didn’t realize there would also be destructive wit thrown my way. This is getting scary.

Self destructing on course is a staple of my game as well. I know it well.

My only saving grace is being a cunning linguist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Who isn't doing to self-destruct? Or, who is going to self-destruct the least? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Who isn't doing to self-destruct? Or, who is going to self-destruct the least? 

That's the trick to playing this game. All the best plans and practice can't do a thing about the big left miss for me.

My baseline rounds with Arccos will hopefully show if I can manage the self-destruction better than previous seasons.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, palvord said:

That's the trick to playing this game. All the best plans and practice can't do a thing about the big left miss for me.

My baseline rounds with Arccos will hopefully show if I can manage the self-destruction better than previous seasons.

Aim right. 😉

Self-destruction is prominent with us "Amatuers". It's just a matter of turning  self-destruction into self-preservation.

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

Scramble scramble scramble! That’s pretty much the running theme to the majority of my rounds.

I was initially hesitant about playing clunky GI irons but I think they may end up helping me quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

If we are getting the Arccos link, that is a personal choice. I have been debating about it, but I like the option of looking at the hole layout on my phone and being able to find distances to hazards.
Yeah wait until you see the battery drain from Arccos and you might change your mind

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah wait until you see the battery drain from Arccos and you might change your mind

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was a tester last year for Arccos. I never really experienced battery drain that I felt was excessive. I would expect similar battery drain from leaving Google Maps running for a 4-5hr period of time with music playing from my phone as well.

Now, with the new update, I'm not 100% sure how the battery life is as I've only used it for two separate 9 hole rounds so far. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on how I feel battery life is impacted as we go.

• Like 4

Hey guys, my Twitter is@robertson153 don’t have instagram yet but I will. Also I know of 4 complete sets of Cobra F9s that’ll be up for sale in a couple of months. After the total utter massacre I put on the other 4, they’ll be begging someone to take them off their hands. My guess is you 4 better learn a new sport!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

Hey guys, my Twitter is@robertson153 don’t have instagram yet but I will. Also I know of 4 complete sets of Cobra F9s that’ll be up for sale in a couple of months. After the total utter massacre I put on the other 4, they’ll be begging someone to take them off their hands. My guess is you 4 better learn a new sport!!

Total massacre like that undefeated Kentucky team in 2015?   Remind me, what happened in the Final Four that year?

468636170.jpg.c48857813772eb48b25d7c252dde4e47.jpg

• Like 7

Ooooh! It's getting exciting now! Shots fired! 

• Like 2

Total massacre like that undefeated Kentucky team in 2015?   Remind me, what happened in the Final Four that year?
468636170.jpg.c48857813772eb48b25d7c252dde4e47.jpg

I see. You must live in 1941, that’s the last time and only time your badgers won. I see no chance EVER of a badger beating a wildcat again. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Personally, I intend on being awesome during this, either awesomely good or awesomely bad I don't mind 😁😎

• Like 9