GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

It's early yet so I'm trying hard not to jump to any conclusions.  The course conditions have been swampy all spring long so it may be winter rust and very wet conditions that are throwing me off.

I'll have more to write once we get deeper into the challenge but there are two things I've noticed so far with the F9 irons.

1. I find it easier to focus on ball striking with smaller/sleeker irons.  It's still strange to see the huge top line and chunky cavity on the Cobras.  With the new irons I find my mind wandering more to the club than concentrating on the ball and what shot I need to hit.
  2. My old set gave immediate feedback on how well a particular shot was struck and helped diagnose flaws to make mid-round changes.  The Cobras don't have that immediate feedback unless you hit one off the extreme toe or heel.  Every shot seems to feel the same, be very high, and go about the same distance.  That's actually ideal for most shots I'm just not used to it yet.

Is it love at first sight for me with the Cobra F9 irons?  No.  Are they wrong for me and I'll never play well with them?  Hell no!  Give me another month and I'll be perfectly fine.  Looking back at all of these early struggles will make my victory at the end that much more compelling.

Is it just the irons you're struggling with? How are the wedges treating you?

10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

It's early yet so I'm trying hard not to jump to any conclusions.  The course conditions have been swampy all spring long so it may be winter rust and very wet conditions that are throwing me off.

I'll have more to write once we get deeper into the challenge but there are two things I've noticed so far with the F9 irons.

1. I find it easier to focus on ball striking with smaller/sleeker irons.  It's still strange to see the huge top line and chunky cavity on the Cobras.  With the new irons I find my mind wandering more to the club than concentrating on the ball and what shot I need to hit.
  2. My old set gave immediate feedback on how well a particular shot was struck and helped diagnose flaws to make mid-round changes.  The Cobras don't have that immediate feedback unless you hit one off the extreme toe or heel.  Every shot seems to feel the same, be very high, and go about the same distance.  That's actually ideal for most shots I'm just not used to it yet.

Is it love at first sight for me with the Cobra F9 irons?  No.  Are they wrong for me and I'll never play well with them?  Hell no!  Give me another month and I'll be perfectly fine.  Looking back at all of these early struggles will make my victory at the end that much more compelling.

Winter rust and wet/swampy conditions make sense to not playing at your best yet.

Thank you for clarifying your current struggles with the irons. I'm still a novice in the equipment world, so none of these issues would have even entered my brain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Is it just the irons you're struggling with? How are the wedges treating you?

Mainly the irons.  I've hit bad shots with the wedges but also enough really good ones to know that I'll figure them out.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, Reesedw said:

OMG.. you just got suckered in....  New Zealand is to Australia what Canada is to the US. Kind of an annoyance but fun to party with... Canada is America lite, Same basic lifestyle just not quite as good.. 

Let me guess down under you were left handed also?? 

@Reesedw As Robin Williams said, Canada is a loft apartment over a really great party.

• Haha 3

On 5/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, fozcycle said:

Hey all, I just got caught up with the pr3 test chatter. Seems there is a challenge to see if anyone can Best my number of rounds played during the challenge. I seriously doubt it will be beat. As for any favorites, my blood is blue! #Team153

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@fozcycle I doubt any of us are going to be able to tackle your number. I am still baffled by how you were able to pull it off.

• Like 1

C0CFF5A3-4494-4E5F-96D4-E9032E77D604.gif

• Like 4

C0CFF5A3-4494-4E5F-96D4-E9032E77D604.gif.4c9ecc10b7afc5e6e97f3b55e6a72732.gif

Oh, is this still going on?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Oh, is this still going on?

YES!!!!!  This will NEVER end!! 

Regards,

Team Kiwi? Assassin? Politician? Bardle? 153?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Shankster said:

C0CFF5A3-4494-4E5F-96D4-E9032E77D604.gif

Patience Shankster, we will be starting soon.....

Edited by Nunfa0

YES!!!!!  This will NEVER end!! 
Regards,
Team Kiwi? Assassin? Politician? Bardle? 153?

Since assassin and 153 are both me, does this mean I have double the chances of you jumping on board?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, palvord said:

I am still baffled by how you were able to pull it off.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Since assassin and 153 are both me, does this mean I have double the chances of you jumping on board?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No, half, if you can't even keep your nickname straight, how on Earth will you be able to stay focused for an entire round of golf. 

Regard, 

Team #heckler

• Like 4

Oh. I was just saying I’m ready for this to kick off, tick tock.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Oh. I was just saying I’m ready for this to kick off, tick tock.

Or are you waiting patiently like the rest of us for @Nunfa0's infamous haka?

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Or are you waiting patiently like the rest of us for @Nunfa0's infamous haka?

I think every competitor should have to submit a traditional dance of their ancestors. And yes, if all y'all do that, I'll submit a Muppet dance since y'all kindly pointed out, I must be related to them. 😁

Regards,

Team #everyonewilldance

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Or are you waiting patiently like the rest of us for [mention=74192]Nunfa0[/mention]'s infamous haka?

I’m just here.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I think every competitor should have to submit a traditional dance of their ancestors. And yes, if all y'all do that, I'll submit a Muppet dance since y'all kindly pointed out, I must be related to them. 😁

Regards,

Team #everyonewilldance

Who will be....

lord_dance-thumb-large.jpg

The Lord of the Dance...?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Who will be....

lord_dance-thumb-large.jpg

The Lord of the Dance...?

Last I checked, this was a golf challenge.  Not a dance challenge.

I am fully supporting @Nunfa0 and his decision of #nohaka. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Planning to play 18 on Thursday and Saturday this week.  Hopefully I'll have some more golf related comments soon.  Until then...

Carlton.gif.9d34dc85844329ca9b7f5fa9d4d83f0e.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, palvord said:

Last I checked, this was a golf challenge.  Not a dance challenge.

I am fully supporting @Nunfa0 and his decision of #nohaka. 

Who said it can't be both? Remember, we are also having a pontification challenge too. 

Regards,

Team Pontificationer

Edited by GB13
  • Like 3