GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?

28 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I would expect that you're still setting up your long irons a little too far foward in your stance. Old habits can be hard to break. 

Regards,

Team GB13

Could very well be.... I'll pay close attention Sunday when I get my first 18 in with them. 

• Like 1

This is quickly approaching NFL "mic'd up" level of trash talk entertainment. 👍

• Like 4

This is quickly approaching NFL "mic'd up" level of trash talk entertainment. 

We aim to please!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Love 1

Slowly, but surely, shiny new things have begun arriving. Looking forward to all of the work putting this set to the test!

Oh, and all of the work that will lead to my win!

F9 Driver.jpg

F9 Driver Shaft.JPG

F9 Woods.JPG

F9 Woods Shaft.JPG

F9 Set.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This is quickly approaching NFL "mic'd up" level of trash talk entertainment. 👍

Good, that's our goal! 

Regards,

Team GB13 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@palvord, better be on your best behavior now. 😉

Regards, 

Team GB13

Edited by GB13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GB13 said:

@palvord, better be on your best behavior now. 😉

I am always the same charming person in real life and in the forum. @LadyJ87 is not going to see anything new in here from me that she doesn't see in real life.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, bardle said:

Played a quick 6 holes for my first course action with the cobras today. Overall it was pretty good.

The scoring clubs are amazing and boy are they hot. Just dead straight and long. I am having a lot of trouble getting any kind of yardage out of the 4 and 5 iron though. I have no idea why or what's going on. I swing like I do with every other club and nothing, they are just low and thin every time. 

The 3 Hybrid is ridiculous. 

The 3 wood goes forever. I put one 250 into the middle of the fairway on a short dogleg left. Boy did that feel good but I have a tough time hitting it well consistently 

I still haven't dialed in the driver. I did some extra range work with it afterward and got something going. We'll just have to see it how it translates to the course. 

O yeah and the wedges. They feel really nice. Just hitting the full shots a little thin still. 

I

@bardle, are you still going to be taking your lessons that you mention in your thread: 

Would be curious to hear how your instructor is helping you with the adjustment to the one lengths.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, palvord said:

@bardle, are you still going to be taking your lessons that you mention in your thread: 

Would be curious to hear how your instructor is helping you with the adjustment to the one lengths.

I decided to hold off after I got selected until the new clubs were in. Now that I'm playing more my handicap is dropping at a pretty good clip. So I may just wait until I hit a plateau. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Not going ahead with your lessons? Bold move. “The new Cobra F9. So good you’ll never need lessons again!”
giphy.gif.b250538b5a4637a337f90888842be828.gif

This was the exact thing I had in my head when I read that @bardle was stopping the lessons. Well played, @Bucky CC!

• Like 2

Imagine poor @bardle trying to cope with a new swing and one lengths and listening to our "advice" 🤪 He wouldn't have even been able to swing a club let alone compete 😁😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nunfa0 said:

Imagine poor @bardle trying to cope with a new swing and one lengths and listening to our "advice" 🤪 He wouldn't have even been able to swing a club let alone compete 😁😎

Yeah, I have enough to think about just switching to the one lengths. I need to at least get some sort of rhythm going before I attempt to change my swing even more. 

On that note, one thing I love about the F9's is that with my old clubs I've been slowing down my swing a lot to keep the ball in play and clubbing up. I was just smashing the F9's yesterday and did not have any issues. These things are just magically straight. its crazy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bardle said:

I decided to hold off after I got selected until the new clubs were in. Now that I'm playing more my handicap is dropping at a pretty good clip. So I may just wait until I hit a plateau. 

Excuse me...We decided to hold off on lessons for now.

Regards,

Team Bardle

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Excuse me...We decided to hold off on lessons for now.

Regards,

Team Bardle

We don't need lessons when we have @Wedgie to coach us up! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bardle said:

We don't need lessons when we have @Wedgie to coach us up! 

If I gave lessons day 1 would be how to maximize the over the top swing fault.  Day 2 how to blade your wedges.  Day 3 leaving putts short.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

If I gave lessons day 1 would be how to maximize the over the top swing fault.  Day 2 how to blade your wedges.  Day 3 leaving putts short.

I don't need lessons from you then; I have all three of those things mastered!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

My lessons would be, Day 1 hit hooks, Day 2 chunk your wedges, and Day 3 hit putts 10 feet by. 

Regards,

Team #lessons?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is there a Cobra connect darts or bowling challenge I could switch to?  I played 27 holes yesterday but whatever I was doing out there it sure wasn't golf.

Team #Snowman⛄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Is there a Cobra connect darts or bowling challenge I could switch to?  I played 27 holes yesterday but whatever I was doing out there it sure wasn't golf.

Team #Snowman⛄

27 holes on a thursday? Foz 2.0 over here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1