Jump to content
GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter: #CobraConnect Challenge 3

GolfSpy STUDque

Vote for the Cobra Challenge Competitor you think won this thread: @bardle @Bucky CC @Nunfa0 @palvord @robertson153 

 

You can only vote for competitors in the challenge. Hence, 5 names in the poll. 

The 10 names listed in my post get extra votes/tickets for the drawing based on participation thus far. 

The poll is not viewable from the app so you need to be on desktop or mobile. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Pre-Chatter Thread Poll  

129 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Competitor won the Pre-Chatter Thread?



Recommended Posts

On a side note I finally signed up on instagram as blakerobertson153 Still don’t understand how all this social media stuff works. You would think being 32 I would, but nope never liked that stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

On a side note I finally signed up on instagram as blakerobertson153 Still don’t understand how all this social media stuff works. You would think being 32 I would, but nope never liked that stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's okay, I'm exactly half your age, but I have no social media. I don't really undstand most of it. If I'm a good enough friend that I want to stay in contact with someone, I'll just text/call/videochat, not SnapFace or whatever. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GB13 said:

You'll be making eagles and aces, right? 

With these clubs? Of course I will 😁😋😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

 


No sandbagging it here. Are you saying you will be purposely throwing your first 5-10 rounds? I know I wouldn’t vote for someone like that.

 

For probably the only time in this thread, I agree with you 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Wedgie, I will post my comparison thoughts once I have enough rounds to make a fair judgement 😁😎

I ended up going with ShotScope based entirely on the reviews here, which you played a part in - I'm very interested in even your first impressions between the two, unless, of course, you like Arccos better. Then I'm not interested in your opinions.... 😁 . So spill it....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I ended up going with ShotScope based entirely on the reviews here, which you played a part in - I'm very interested in even your first impressions between the two, unless, of course, you like Arccos better. Then I'm not interested in your opinions.... 😁 . So spill it....

All in good time MaxEntropy, you know what I think of Shot Scope so I have to be fair and unbiased towards both systems. However I will be very biased about who I think will win this challenge.......  Me of course 😁😎

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

 


No sandbagging it here. Are you saying you will be purposely throwing your first 5-10 rounds? I know I wouldn’t vote for someone like that.

 

After my first round I'm pretty sure you are all going to think that about me...but trust me my 25 handicap is unfortunately true. My course handicap is like a 32 at my home track....Please lord lets these clubs help me... I do feel like I've been getting better though. Saturday will be the true test, We have a Young guys vs old guys club tournament. I turned my fade into a draw this week after practicing for three days over lunch. I feel like I'm getting some momentum. Hopefully my numbers improve before the baseline is formed. 

Being the Worst D player in the club is starting to wear on me...But I guess that means I have no where to go from here but up! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bardle said:

After my first round I'm pretty sure you are all going to think that about me...but trust me my 25 handicap is unfortunately true. My course handicap is like a 32 at my home track....Please lord lets these clubs help me... I do feel like I've been getting better though. Saturday will be the true test, We have a Young guys vs old guys club tournament. I turned my fade into a draw this week after practicing for three days over lunch. I feel like I'm getting some momentum. Hopefully my numbers improve before the baseline is formed. 

Being the Worst D player in the club is starting to wear on me...But I guess that means I have no where to go from here but up! 

Play well on Saturday bardle, I want you posting good numbers in the challenge too so my victory is even more glorious 😂😁😎

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GB13 said:

Did anyone have any suprises at their fittings? Or all pretty much what y'all expected? 

The only surprise for me was being fit for the 9* head on the driver. I've always played 10.5* but was producing what looked like the same ball flight. 

My current set of irons has a lie angle of 2* up and the ones that I ordered are standard. Having taken lessons now, I don't need the 2* up. I wasn't surprised by this, just happy to see it confirmed

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Dropping bombs today. Just wait until I get an F9 in my hands.IMG_0542.JPG

Great job! Blind squirrels do find a nut every once in a while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, palvord said:

The only surprise for me was being fit for the 9* head on the driver. I've always played 10.5* but was producing what looked like the same ball flight. 

My current set of irons has a lie angle of 2* up and the ones that I ordered are standard. Having taken lessons now, I don't need the 2* up. I wasn't surprised by this, just happy to see it confirmed

Interesting. Since you normally play 10.5° drivers and the F9 9° is basically the F9+, did you play low spin drivers before? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Ha Birdie's won't do you any good when I'm killing you all with consistentcy and class 😁😎

@Nunfa0 wait! Having class matters? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, palvord said:

@Nunfa0 wait! Having class matters? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

No, you have class, just low class. 😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Interesting. Since you normally play 10.5° drivers and the F9 9° is basically the F9+, did you play low spin drivers before? 

I was playing a TaylorMade RBZ2 that I got out of a bargain barrel. It sliced just like the first driver I ever had. Some no name GigaGolf thing.

Using TrueGolfFit, I was fit for the Callaway Rogue. I grabbed the 10.5* in that as I never really thought about going down to a 9*. I've used it for two 9 hole rounds, and am as wildly inconsistent with it as I was with the RBZ2. The difference is, that when I hit the Rogue correctly, holy smokes can I send it! 

I have always been inconsistent with my driver. I typically tee off with my 3 wood and use the driver as a nice thing to carry my Chewbacca head cover around the course.

Going through a full fitting for the F9, and having a shorter shaft, perhaps I will use it for more than decoration.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GB13 said:

Did anyone have any suprises at their fittings? Or all pretty much what y'all expected? 

This is the first time I've ever been fit into an X flex shaft with a driver and fairway.  All the credit there goes to the 26 weeks of SuperSpeed training I did over the winter.

Don't worry about any other huge gains though; I'm only doing the once a week maintenance program over the summer so I don't completely embarass everyone.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Are you guys already using Arccos in your current irons? Any surprises from the data if you are? @nunfa how does it compare to shot scope?


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@Wedgie, I tested Arccos last year, and for the challenge was given new sensors for establishing my baseline.

I haven't seen any surprises from the data yet. I'm relatively the same golfer from October 2018.

My biggest surprise has come from the update to the system itself. They rolled out a massive update to the app which has made a world of difference. I went back and read my Stage 2 review and would change many of my scores based on the three 9 hole rounds I've played so far.

I rarely have to add shots other than a putt here or there, a flubbed punch out, or flubbed chip. The option to move the location of the flag is a fantastic addition. I do need to find how to incorporate that part into the round as the data around your short game is much more useful when you can guarantee that the flag location is accurate.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooo got notification today that the new boom sticks and shiny things are on the way 😍😍😎

  • Like 7
  • Off Topic 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This already looks like a fun group. Excited to see everyone's results.

@Bucky CC - Still really jealous of the SuperSpeed gains. I'm about to start into the level 1 protocol and hope to see some gains again soon. My gains from the introductory protocol have stuck so far.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edingc said:

This already looks like a fun group. Excited to see everyone's results.

@Bucky CC - Still really jealous of the SuperSpeed gains. I'm about to start into the level 1 protocol and hope to see some gains again soon. My gains from the introductory protocol have stuck so far.

I am extremely happy with the SuperSpeed program.  Had a buddy say to me this week that my swing looks more violent than in years past.  That was right after I blew one 20 yards by him into the middle of the fairway.

Another positive is doing the training 3x a week over the winter has limited my usual winter rust.  Took me over a month to shoot my first sub 40 nine hole round last year.  Did it in week 2 of my league this year.  If the Cobra clubs can help even a little bit this could be a great year for me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys, I’m screwed . I just played the 3 best rounds of the past 8 months. Shot one over on the front 9 and 7 over on the back 9 today for an 80. Last 3 rounds have been 79,84,80. That’s well below my average and 12-13 handicap. Maybe with the new sticks I can consistently stay in the 70s. My gut is telling me y’all are in trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...