TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review- Golf Pride Grips

Golfspy_CG2

Great Stage 2. The UTx is my choice of grips so reading the comparisons was really interesting. Given your thoughts on installation and hand feel, if you had to re-grip your entire set which would you choose?

I like the upper grip of the ZGRIP and the lower of the UTx. So far the firm lower of the ZGRIP hasn’t bothered me. I am really curious how I like it once we hit 100deg where the hands will never quite dry off.

Without knowing that for sure, and if you are saying the whole set MUST be the one grip, I would go with the UTx. I think the reminder on the SW and LW would be really annoying.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while and I'm still liking these grips.  My right hand is all healed up and I've been hitting better than I have in years thanks to an off-the-cuff swing change.  The grips are doing just fine and I might regrip new irons with them (new set came with medium Lamkin).  

The other important thing I discovered:  I'm definitely going to regrip at least once per year.  Every grip I had removed was hardened and glazed over.  5 yr old tires are dangerous on the road. 3 season old grips are hazardous to your scores.  😉

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

• 2 months later...

Our weather here has been amazing the last couple of weeks. I pray we can get another month of this before things start to really get cold.  After most of a season the ZGRIPS have held up great. I don't think I have wiped them down once and they still feel great. They have even survived a few trips to Top Golf (chicken wing fingers).

I may have had some wandering eyes recently. In perusing the custom options for the 919 Forged irons I smiled when I saw that the ZGRIP Align was a no cost upgrade. I had applied for this test to try the MCC Align and wasn't too thrilled when we learned there was a mixup and those weren't supposed to be included.  Now I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I think any new irons will get these put on sooner than later. 

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

It's been a minute. 

Still using TV+4 grips on many of my clubs.  I even paid for a couple.  🙂

They're good enough for Keegan 🙂 sharing 54 hole lead @ Valspar 🙂

20210501_180232.jpg.379185cec3b2324103db0e5b6dd6ec2a.jpg

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter