Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review- Golf Pride Grips

Posted (edited)

I've found that Golf Pride's ALIGN feature doesn't do much for me in terms of improved hand placement, feel, and performance. I put the MCC-Plus 4 Aligns on my old Hogans, Driver, and 3-wood but I probably won't purchase that feature again. The grips without ALIGN are good enough for me. I'll save a couple of dollars per club, too.

FWIW, I've also found that the Plus 4 feature isn't necessarily desirable in my irons either. I'll probably just add a couple of wraps for my lower hand, moving forward.

Edited by J.B. TexasEx

On 5/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, knightsofnii said:

My calluses are getting built up on my hands, though a split has occurred on my right ring finger. 

20190513_110704.thumb.jpg.ead9034f202226e4ea14b5d380c35bcd.jpg

Hoping this heals up over the next few days.  In the mean time, my back is sore, so I may skip a few days and play on Friday, then I have a lesson Sat.  So, I have time to grip the remaining clubs! 

Keep a small bottle of New Skin liquid bandage in your golf bag. Burns a little with application, but it works.

New-Skin First Aid Antiseptic Liquid Bandage 1 fl oz (30 ...

I got a version of this locally, and it doesnt burn.  🙂 prior to that I was using CA glue, haha.  

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

The more I use this putter grip the more I like it. Continues to feel incredibly natural in the hands and allow for a completely natural stroke. I'm hoping to have my Stage II up after next weekend. In the process of a crazy month with 3 weekends of travelling which is a nightmare. But if there is anyone out there with specific questions I can help or looking for an outright recommendation, I'm a big fan.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:08 PM, J.B. TexasEx said:

I've found that Golf Pride's ALIGN feature doesn't do much for me in terms of improved hand placement, feel, and performance. I put the MCC-Plus 4 Aligns on my old Hogans, Driver, and 3-wood but I probably won't purchase that feature again. The grips without ALIGN are good enough for me. I'll save a couple of dollars per club, too.

FWIW, I've also found that the Plus 4 feature isn't necessarily desirable in my irons either. I'll probably just add a couple of wraps for my lower hand, moving forward.

Hey J.B. I'm sorry to hear that the grips weren't terribly beneficial for you. But I think it's great that we have some analysis in here saying that it wasn't beneficial. If something has only positive reviews it's hard to trust the source (looking at you other golf review sites) and while it may not help the manufacturer it certainly helps to guarantee the independence of the reviews.  

• Like 1

Further on JB's response.  I find the Plus 4 offers a similar shape feel to plus 4 taping, while retaining the cushion of a single taped grip that is not stretched.  

The way you personally do your +4 tape will no doubt be different due to your preferences.  I personally like it on the TV grips

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gchester33 said:

Hey J.B. I'm sorry to hear that the grips weren't terribly beneficial for you. But I think it's great that we have some analysis in here saying that it wasn't beneficial. If something has only positive reviews it's hard to trust the source (looking at you other golf review sites) and while it may not help the manufacturer it certainly helps to guarantee the independence of the reviews.  

Just being honest.

But, to each his own. ALIGN must work for many golfers because Golf Pride keeps adding the feature to additional models; Tour Velvet, Z Grip, etc. I liked the concept, but it just didn't add value for me.

Today, I purchased Lamkin grips for the first time. I'm gonna try 'em in my three wedges. The UTx Cord with two extra wraps for my right hand.

Edited by J.B. TexasEx
  • Like 1

Further on JB's response.  I find the Plus 4 offers a similar shape feel to plus 4 taping, while retaining the cushion of a single taped grip that is not stretched.  
The way you personally do your +4 tape will no doubt be different due to your preferences.  I personally like it on the TV grips

I thought your review was spot on, particularly the part about the odd branding on the grips. That’s my main gripe about them as it seems somewhat obnoxious. They could’ve put it on the butt end and called it a day! I think the weight difference between the standard and midsize is a bit much, too. The standard Plus4 is like 1g less than the midsize TV, but ~10g less than the Plus4 midsize. If you’re particular about swing weight, that’s going to cause some issues!
  • Love 1

Just finally caught up with this one. Looks great fellas. That align tech sounds more and more interesting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

I thought your review was spot on, particularly the part about the odd branding on the grips. That’s my main gripe about them as it seems somewhat obnoxious. They could’ve put it on the butt end and called it a day! I think the weight difference between the standard and midsize is a bit much, too. The standard Plus4 is like 1g less than the midsize TV, but ~10g less than the Plus4 midsize. If you’re particular about swing weight, that’s going to cause some issues!

That weight difference, wow.  I have to say I dont notice it.  I do notice they're about 1/2in longer. 

• Like 2

Great stuff so far guys. 

I'm getting the Tour Velvet +4 on my new irons and will be switching out the rest of my clubs too 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Stage 2 is up. Seriously considering either putting some additionally warps under the front part of my current grips or just buying a +4. Nice work  all.

• Like 2

Obviously putter grip reviews are not quite as interesting as a good driver review. But I just wanted to include an update from my testing. I found a graph on 18Birdies which shows my average strokes/rd over time and there is an observable difference in my putting starting from when I put this on. Of the 4 recorded rounds I have been significantly more consistent and averaging less than 2 putts per hole in comparison to my overall average 2.1. That number would likely be lower if I had the other couple rounds I didn't record in which I putted well. Just wanted to toss this out there as an extra bump up to the benefits I saw from the SNSR grip.

image1.thumb.png.e22725f3bfbcb5cb6c7bf1e5169319ba.png

• Like 1

A few nights ago, I was rooting around in my golf grip stash and found I had a Tour SNSR putter grip hidden in there (red, yellow & black). Can't remember where I picked it up, but I've never used it before. Now to start, I had done a awful job when I re-gripped my B60 with a PING PP60 grip last year, and it was time to fix that. I was simply going to pull it off, re-tape it, but had to cut the dang thing off..!😩. I only cut it off since I knew I had an immediate replacement handy so on went the GP SNSR.

So far my experience with it is positive. It feels good and I'm seeing some positive results with it right away. I just re-read all of the reviews on this and you all, @chemclub, @BigtazzGolf, @JDHolmes & @gchester33 did a fantastic job with this one! Right now I am 20/20 play it!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

Stage 2 bump.

Great Stage 2. The UTx is my choice of grips so reading the comparisons was really interesting. Given your thoughts on installation and hand feel, if you had to re-grip your entire set which would you choose?

• Like 1

A few nights ago, I was rooting around in my golf grip stash and found I had a Tour SNSR putter grip hidden in there (red, yellow & black). Can't remember where I picked it up, but I've never used it before. Now to start, I had done a awful job when I re-gripped my B60 with a PING PP60 grip last year, and it was time to fix that. I was simply going to pull it off, re-tape it, but had to cut the dang thing off..!. I only cut it off since I knew I had an immediate replacement handy so on went the GP SNSR.
So far my experience with it is positive. It feels good and I'm seeing some positive results with it right away. I just re-read all of the reviews on this and you all, [mention=58532]chemclub[/mention], [mention=59265]BigtazzGolf[/mention], [mention=71596]JDHolmes[/mention] & [mention=79347]gchester33[/mention] did a fantastic job with this one! Right now I am 20/20 play it!

That is good to hear. Hoping it bombs the heck out of your putts

Tazz
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2