Jump to content
denbro17

Free Taylormade M5 or M6 if Rory wins PGA Championship

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this has been posted but https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/s/rorywins

Terms and conditions state "no purchase necessary" 

"To participate without making a Qualifying Purchase, during the Promotion Period, visit a participating Dick’s Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy location in the United States and obtain a unique numbered Refund Promotion form from a sales associate. Refund Promotion forms will not be available after ordinary business hours of participating stores on May 15, 2019."

Basically, just walk in, ask for a refund Promotion form, and if Rory wins send it in for a free M5 or M6. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the full excert from the terms and conditions.

 

Awesome deal. Thanks OP!

 

To claim your free driver if you did not make a Qualifying Purchase, mail your completed original Refund Promotion form (name, address, phone number, email address (optional)), and whether you want an M5 or M6 driver in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to retailcomm / Attn: Rory Wins Sweepstakes / 13810 Welch Road, Dallas, TX, 75244. Each Refund Promotion form is uniquely numbered and can only be used once. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced forms will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Promotion Parties for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected Refund Promotion forms or mail. Refund Promotion forms must be legibly hand written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due Refund Promotion forms, or Refund Promotion forms sent in excess of the entry limit set forth herein will not be accepted. Refund Promotion forms received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid. Free driver requests must be postmarked by May 30, 2019 and received no later than June 5, 2019.

 

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense otherwise Dick's Sporting Goods will be processing a bunch of returned Taylormade Drivers on May 20th. 

No harm in picking up a entry form.  I think I might just do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up some forms today for me and my golfing partners. Doesn’t hurt to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down with that...this will be the only time I root for Rory!  C'mon kid, you're my horse now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making a trip at lunch for this! Come on Rory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbed a couple entry forms last Tuesday. The guys bemoaned the fact I didn't buy a driver, though... 

 

Let's go Rory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Grabbed a couple entry forms last Tuesday. The guys bemoaned the fact I didn't buy a driver, though... 

 

Let's go Rory!

Yeah, the guy in mine said that I had to buy a driver to get one and I then told him no purchase was necessary...he then did the same thing, moaned a bit and handed me one.  hahaha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was mailed today. The guy st Dick’s here laughed because he said no one has asked for them until I did. He was surprised I knew of it! Thankfully, he did know already it was no purchase necessary.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my form, so I'll be rooting for Rory as well.  

Why does this promotion happen?  The number of people that buy it and keep it anyways can't outnumber the people that will buy and return or get the form with no purchase.  Did someone in the order chain accidentally add an extra zero somewhere so there is a warehouse somewhere full of these?  I'd like to think I would win a $500 driver, but I am thinking it will be worth about 50 by the time the market is flooded with these.

Are the chances of Rory winning really that low that TM would risk this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They guy at my local DSG tried to argue it with me saying they’d never do that because then TM would have to give everyone a driver. Until I pulled up the “no purchase necessary” information on the website then magically he knew about the forms in the drawer.

Im really wondering if they think Rory is such a long shot to win as well, however could it be a spark for him?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Apes44 said:

They guy at my local DSG tried to argue it with me saying they’d never do that because then TM would have to give everyone a driver. Until I pulled up the “no purchase necessary” information on the website then magically he knew about the forms in the drawer.

Im really wondering if they think Rory is such a long shot to win as well, however could it be a spark for him?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, I think they're hoping it just gets extra people into the store, and buying other things. It's almost a given that they're selling a bunch of M series clubs, they're just hoping Rory doesn't win. DSG is just trying to play the odds, if they sell twice as many drivers and Rory is only a 1 in 20 shot to win, they SHOULD come out on top. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

Got my form, so I'll be rooting for Rory as well.  

Why does this promotion happen?  The number of people that buy it and keep it anyways can't outnumber the people that will buy and return or get the form with no purchase.  Did someone in the order chain accidentally add an extra zero somewhere so there is a warehouse somewhere full of these?  I'd like to think I would win a $500 driver, but I am thinking it will be worth about 50 by the time the market is flooded with these.

Are the chances of Rory winning really that low that TM would risk this?

I would imagine DSG purchased an insurance policy to cover themselves if he does win. It really is a win win for them. They are moving product which is the end game in any retail store. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Dicks is footing the bill for this.  It's some sort of deal with Taylormade and ultimately it's TM covering the drivers.

That said on the form you just select M5 or M6, don't really get any say in which loft/flex/shaft you get on the free one without purchase.

So I went in the morning and purchased an M5 Tour in 9 degree with the smoke shaft.  Leaving the tags and plastic on until I see if Rory wins or not.  Plus the guy gave me a voucher anyway so if Rory wins it looks like my dad will be getting a new driver too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My location was out of the vouchers, anyone know of another way to get one. I don’t really wanna spend the money on it and be stuck with a driver that doesn’t fit if Rory wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Theoo said:

My location was out of the vouchers, anyone know of another way to get one. I don’t really wanna spend the money on it and be stuck with a driver that doesn’t fit if Rory wins

Don't take off the plastic or any of the stickers.  Also don't hit it.  If he doesn't win just return it on Monday.

Other than that you have to have an original numbered voucher or you have to purchase a driver as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like DSG / GG has nothing to worry about


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apes44 said:

Looks like DSG / GG has nothing to worry about

 

Yikes, +2 on the first day and leader at -7...good thing I haven't wasted any postage yet...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...