denbro17

Free Taylormade M5 or M6 if Rory wins PGA Championship

Not sure if this has been posted but https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/s/rorywins

Terms and conditions state "no purchase necessary" 

"To participate without making a Qualifying Purchase, during the Promotion Period, visit a participating Dick’s Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy location in the United States and obtain a unique numbered Refund Promotion form from a sales associate. Refund Promotion forms will not be available after ordinary business hours of participating stores on May 15, 2019."

Basically, just walk in, ask for a refund Promotion form, and if Rory wins send it in for a free M5 or M6. 

• Like 1

Here's the full excert from the terms and conditions.

Awesome deal. Thanks OP!

To claim your free driver if you did not make a Qualifying Purchase, mail your completed original Refund Promotion form (name, address, phone number, email address (optional)), and whether you want an M5 or M6 driver in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to retailcomm / Attn: Rory Wins Sweepstakes / 13810 Welch Road, Dallas, TX, 75244. Each Refund Promotion form is uniquely numbered and can only be used once. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced forms will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Promotion Parties for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected Refund Promotion forms or mail. Refund Promotion forms must be legibly hand written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due Refund Promotion forms, or Refund Promotion forms sent in excess of the entry limit set forth herein will not be accepted. Refund Promotion forms received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid. Free driver requests must be postmarked by May 30, 2019 and received no later than June 5, 2019.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Makes sense otherwise Dick's Sporting Goods will be processing a bunch of returned Taylormade Drivers on May 20th. 

No harm in picking up a entry form.  I think I might just do that.

• Like 1

Just picked up some forms today for me and my golfing partners. Doesn’t hurt to try.

I'm down with that...this will be the only time I root for Rory!  C'mon kid, you're my horse now!!!

Making a trip at lunch for this! Come on Rory

Grabbed a couple entry forms last Tuesday. The guys bemoaned the fact I didn't buy a driver, though... 

Let's go Rory!

3 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Grabbed a couple entry forms last Tuesday. The guys bemoaned the fact I didn't buy a driver, though... 

Let's go Rory!

Yeah, the guy in mine said that I had to buy a driver to get one and I then told him no purchase was necessary...he then did the same thing, moaned a bit and handed me one.  hahaha

• Like 2

Mine was mailed today. The guy st Dick’s here laughed because he said no one has asked for them until I did. He was surprised I knew of it! Thankfully, he did know already it was no purchase necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got my form, so I'll be rooting for Rory as well.  

Why does this promotion happen?  The number of people that buy it and keep it anyways can't outnumber the people that will buy and return or get the form with no purchase.  Did someone in the order chain accidentally add an extra zero somewhere so there is a warehouse somewhere full of these?  I'd like to think I would win a $500 driver, but I am thinking it will be worth about 50 by the time the market is flooded with these.

Are the chances of Rory winning really that low that TM would risk this?

They guy at my local DSG tried to argue it with me saying they’d never do that because then TM would have to give everyone a driver. Until I pulled up the “no purchase necessary” information on the website then magically he knew about the forms in the drawer.

Im really wondering if they think Rory is such a long shot to win as well, however could it be a spark for him?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

23 minutes ago, Apes44 said:

They guy at my local DSG tried to argue it with me saying they’d never do that because then TM would have to give everyone a driver. Until I pulled up the “no purchase necessary” information on the website then magically he knew about the forms in the drawer.

Im really wondering if they think Rory is such a long shot to win as well, however could it be a spark for him?

Yeah, I think they're hoping it just gets extra people into the store, and buying other things. It's almost a given that they're selling a bunch of M series clubs, they're just hoping Rory doesn't win. DSG is just trying to play the odds, if they sell twice as many drivers and Rory is only a 1 in 20 shot to win, they SHOULD come out on top. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

Got my form, so I'll be rooting for Rory as well.  

Why does this promotion happen?  The number of people that buy it and keep it anyways can't outnumber the people that will buy and return or get the form with no purchase.  Did someone in the order chain accidentally add an extra zero somewhere so there is a warehouse somewhere full of these?  I'd like to think I would win a $500 driver, but I am thinking it will be worth about 50 by the time the market is flooded with these.

Are the chances of Rory winning really that low that TM would risk this?

I would imagine DSG purchased an insurance policy to cover themselves if he does win. It really is a win win for them. They are moving product which is the end game in any retail store. 

• Like 2

No way Dicks is footing the bill for this.  It's some sort of deal with Taylormade and ultimately it's TM covering the drivers.

That said on the form you just select M5 or M6, don't really get any say in which loft/flex/shaft you get on the free one without purchase.

So I went in the morning and purchased an M5 Tour in 9 degree with the smoke shaft.  Leaving the tags and plastic on until I see if Rory wins or not.  Plus the guy gave me a voucher anyway so if Rory wins it looks like my dad will be getting a new driver too.

• Like 2

My location was out of the vouchers, anyone know of another way to get one. I don’t really wanna spend the money on it and be stuck with a driver that doesn’t fit if Rory wins

1 hour ago, Mr_Theoo said:

My location was out of the vouchers, anyone know of another way to get one. I don’t really wanna spend the money on it and be stuck with a driver that doesn’t fit if Rory wins

Don't take off the plastic or any of the stickers.  Also don't hit it.  If he doesn't win just return it on Monday.

Other than that you have to have an original numbered voucher or you have to purchase a driver as far as I know.

Looks like DSG / GG has nothing to worry about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apes44 said:

Looks like DSG / GG has nothing to worry about

Yikes, +2 on the first day and leader at -7...good thing I haven't wasted any postage yet...

• Like 1