perseveringgolfer

advice on a small mallet with milled face?

My putting is poor.........actually it's appalling.

I have worked out I like a milled face over an insert, blades sit well with my eye but dont perform well, off centre hits are short or hooked (yes I can hook a putt lol)

I tried the TM Spider X today and it sits really well but the insert is so soft.

Any recommendations on a mallet about the Spider X size but with a hard milled face?

I really like my Cleveland HB #11. I've rolled them all and just can't find a reason to look elsewhere. It's got some good weight at 370g without being an oversized profile. With a superstroke flatso 3.0 it's an awesome setup and won't break the bank. The new "soft" lineup is supposed to be that much better.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3

Another rec for the HB here. Great feeling putter at an excellent price.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

The Bettinardi arm lock putter that I'm testing has a really nice small mallet milled head.  Might look at Betti's lineup to see if they offer the same head in a regular length shaft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

The Bettinardi arm lock putter that I'm testing has a really nice small mallet milled head.  Might look at Betti's lineup to see if they offer the same head in a regular length shaft.

They do. It's just the SS#38. Just non-armlock, but the same otherwise. 

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I really like my Cleveland HB #11. I've rolled them all and just can't find a reason to look elsewhere. It's got some good weight at 370g without being an oversized profile. With a superstroke flatso 3.0 it's an awesome setup and won't break the bank. The new "soft" lineup is supposed to be that much better.

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

checked out the reviews on this- looks exceptional for the money (only £79 here) and havent seen a bad review with lots comparing it to putters 3 times the price. Now to find a dealer.

• Like 2

checked out the reviews on this- looks exceptional for the money (only £79 here) and havent seen a bad review with lots comparing it to putters 3 times the price. Now to find a dealer.
Yeah they're not just "good for the money".. they're good period. Keep us posted if you find them

Posted (edited)

Small?

Queen Bee 7 is you can putt with a short slant neck.

Edited by xxio
Neck

Have you gone through a putter fitting at all? Getting in the machine can give you an ideal putter type, along with specs... Which in my experience can be game changing.... As in dropping 3.6 strokes a round off of your game. That was instrumental in bringing down my handicap the past few years. Knowing how the ball is going to roll every time is confidence building for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 4:39 PM, azstu324 said:

I really like my Cleveland HB #11. 

On 4/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, russtopherb said:

bad news guys, they're not supplying the HB 11 SOFT to the UK until AFTER the 2019 season has finished🤔😏

• Sad 1

There’s nothing wrong with the suggestions thus far. If those aren’t your flavor, give the new Ben Hogan mallet a look as well.

bad news guys, they're not supplying the HB 11 SOFT to the UK until AFTER the 2019 season has finished
They have the previous #11? Same shape and size but with some subtle differences. Just for the sake of trying one out.

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

They have the previous #11? Same shape and size but with some subtle differences. Just for the sake of trying one out.

no, only one stockist locally and the old #11 is just that, old, so they don't have that either.

Looks like I'll have to try/buy something else until the end of this year.....boo hoo!

Just a quick return note on this one, if you haven't seen the testing announcement for the Tommy Armour Impact putter, the testers have been announced so it would definitely be something worth following. And per the 2019 mallet putter segment on MGS, it's earned a top spot for the 2nd year. I think it goes for something like $99 USD. 

On 5/1/2019 at 4:12 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

bad news guys, they're not supplying the HB 11 SOFT to the UK until AFTER the 2019 season has finished🤔😏

For how cheap it is, it might be worth checking on a US based online retailer and see if they offer international shipping.  For instance I know globalgolf.com ships international.  Just put it in your cart and on the shipping part select international and then put in your info.  It'll tell you how much before you place the order.

12 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Just a quick return note on this one, if you haven't seen the testing announcement for the Tommy Armour Impact putter, the testers have been announced so it would definitely be something worth following. And per the 2019 mallet putter segment on MGS, it's earned a top spot for the 2nd year. I think it goes for something like $99 USD. 

7 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

For how cheap it is, it might be worth checking on a US based online retailer and see if they offer international shipping.  For instance I know globalgolf.com ships international.  Just put it in your cart and on the shipping part select international and then put in your info.  It'll tell you how much before you place the order.

Thanks guys. However, thru this wonderful forum I was offered help from a few members to facilitate a U.S purchase and @Wedgie was a star in buying the TA impact putter from Dicks and is shipping it to me now as I type.

see here.... 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Thanks guys. However, thru this wonderful forum I was offered help from a few members to facilitate a U.S purchase and @Wedgie was a star in buying the TA impact putter from Dicks and is shipping it to me now as I type.

see here.... 

That's fantastic news! How ridiculously awesome is this group of folks?!  

• Like 3