Golfspy_CG2

TESTERS ANNOUNCED (4) PING Long Game Fitting/Gapping Review

- Jon
- Saluda, VA
- 95 swing, high handicap
- Current:  Driver - Cobra Fly-Z, 3w - Callaway, Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue - 3i

- Right handed

- Fred

- Athens/AL

- 95mph, 12.1 GHIN

- 5 wood (Mizuno ST 180), 3 hybrid (Mizuno CLK), 4 iron (Ping i3 O-Size)

- RH

- Allan
- Leonia, NJ
- 95 SS, 15 Handicap
- Titleist f910 3 wood, Nike Vapor Flex 3 Hybrid and 5 Srixon U85 hybrid
- Right Hand

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bag:  Callaway Stand bag

Driver:  Taylormade (9.5 degrees)

3-metal:  Answer (16 degrees)

5-meta:  Answer  (19 degrees)

All stiff shaft

Right Handed

4 handicap

100-105 swing speed.

I have always dreamed of owning a Ping driver.  I would love to be properly fitted and be able to use this club to its fullest extent!

• Jack
  • New York, NY
  • 117-120 mph driver swing speed 
  • 7 handicap 
  • 15* 3 wood, 3 iron, 4 iron
  • right handed

Posted (edited)

James

Calgary, Alberta (I am 100% willing to travel to Montanna to be fit if need be on my own dime! I'm dead serious on that.)

Driver Swing Speed 100mph

Handicap is 33

Your current setup of FW/Hybrid/Utility

Titleist 917 D2 Driver set to 11°, Ping G 5 wood, Ping G 7 wood, Ping G400 4hy, Ping G400 5hy

Left handed

Now I realize I don't live in the US but I am very willing to travel to Montana or Washington on my own dime to be fit and I believe I am the ideal person for this fitting for several reasons:

• I love to write and I love golf. Doing a serious review(s) of this process and results would be really fun for me. It would also allow me the opportunity to dip my toes in the water of golf writing and reviews which I'm really interested in.

• I fractured my back 2 years ago and have returned to golf in January, but I am re-learning now left handed as its easier on my back. (Who better to show what a proper fitting can do??!)

• I bought my current clubs used and was not fit for them and I know I have gap issues that can be improved drastically.

• I am not only willing to write careful and serious reviews but I am also starting a youtube channel to show my progress re-learning the game left handed after my back injury. I would be willing to do at least two videos showing the impact of the fitting and if you like one showing the fitting process itself.

• I use game golf so comparing my stats before and after will be a breeze and since I have Ping equipment now so much the better. I can really show what a fitting can do for our game.
Please don't discount me just because I'm from north of the border! I would really appreciate the opportunity!

Edited by FromRightToLeft

My name is Rob and I live in Calgary, Canada.  Swing Speed is 105mph, 12 Handicap,  my current gamers are:  Nike VR Pro Driver 9.5°, Callaway X2Hot Pro 15° Fairway, Taylormade AeroBurner 19° Hybrid.  Right handed.

I know the contest is open to people only living in the States, but I'm hoping you will at least consider my application. My clubs were stolen about 7 years ago and I have basically pieced together the top end of my golf bag with whatever I could get my hands on cheap.  All of my current clubs  I picked up before my back issues started and I no longer have the club head speed to play them well. I am definitely in need of new clubs that can give me some more ball speed and can help me hit the ball a little higher.  I would be over the moon if I could fill out the top of my bag with custom fit clubs that fit me and my game. 

Thanks  

Requested details:

First Name: Brandon

City/State: Alpine/Utah

Swing speed and handicap: 112 mph and 4.7 index

Current set-up: 14* wood, 18* hybrid

Right hand

Justin 

Helena MT

101MPH 7 HANDICAP

14.5* 3 WOOD,19.5 hybrid, 21.5 Hybrid

Right

Brian
- Santa Clarita, California
- 105 swing speed 12 Hcp

Adams  Super LS Hybrid 19*

Adams Super S 3 Wood

Right Hand 

Roy

Chandler az 

10 handicap

Cleveland  black 3 wood,5 wood, 7 wood 

Adams22 degree and 25 degree

Mizuno mp 60's 6thru pw

-John

-Santa Barbara, CA

-Driver swing speed 85 - handicap 25

-fw - TaylorMade M2 5w (21 deg) - hybrids Ping 400 3 & 4, all with regular graphite shafts

- right handed

Joel 

La Porte, IN

110-115 mph 3 hdcp 

15* Titleist 915F 

9* Titleist 915D2 

Right Handed

- Alex, right handed
- Scottsdale AZ
- 117 mph, 8.1 hcp 
- Mizuno MP 18 3 iron, Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15 degree

The gap between my 3 iron and 3 wood has been plaguing my game for years...  although I've only recently come to grips with that. I've tossed around either a driving iron or a hybrid, but I love the look of bladed irons so I've struggled to find a hybrid or that fits my eye.  The PING 400 19 degree hybrid was the first I thought looked decent, and after hitting it I was a humbled man.

My earlier experiences with hybrids were all high ballooning shots with a guaranteed fade. But with the 400 I felt the same confidence and control I expect with my irons, as far as flight and shape, but with stupid distance.  I'm a huge TXG fan and their vids on hybrids vs driving irons was eye opening. 

Thanks for the consideration! Love what you guys do and always looking forward to your next article.

-Tom

-Plymouth Meeting PA

-100 mph HDCP 8.5

-Driver Mizuno St180 10.5*

- Fairway 3w Titleist 913 15*

- Hybrid Titleist 818 19*

Right Handed

Nick Landry 

wells, Maine 04090

current handicap...not afraid to say 20 but improving every round just started golfing 2 years ago and love the sport.

currently running a 

taylormade RAC 4 iron

taylormade SLDR 3 hybrid & titleist h1 hybrid 

right handed 

swing speed >100

Kevin

Sugar Land, TX

~100 mph, 10 Handicap

FW:  Adams 3W Super LS Speedline /  Hybrid Taylor Made 3H 19 degree / Utility 4 iron

RH 

Todd

Illinois

hdcp: 7

ss: 95

Current Setup: Ping g30 5w 17*, Adams a7 19* Srixon z565 4 iron 22*

left handed

- First name: Duncan
- City/State :   Saint Louis, Missouri
- Swing speed and handicap:  Mid 90's with Handicap 11
- Current setup: 14.5 3 wood, 19 hybrid, 4 iron in Right Hand

Chris weirtz