TESTERS WANTED! ×

My sticks and my SWEET bag!

First off thanks for your service actually on both fronts as a Marine and a teacher. You are 110% correct on no one on here judges. Glad to have another 300 pounder on here. Why do you think they call me Big Stu? 

On to the equipment I like it I always say play what works for you. Like the bag too that is something to be proud of being on the show. Also that Bridgestone bag shows dirt and wear and IMHO that adds character. If I saw that bag on the cart rack I would say well that guy is a player

Welcome to our little corner of the world sit back read , digest and always state your honest opinion. Darn sure glad and honored to have you. Great bunch of folks on here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

First and foremost, welcome to the forum and secondly, thank you for your service from one vet to another!  Got any more information on this golf reality show?  I've never heard of it before.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Carl thanks for your service too. I forgot to mention that I am a Navy vet myself. Foz and I are the resident Navy Vets I think.  LOL hope Perk does not hold that against me---- Heck I always got along with the Marines.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

25 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Carl thanks for your service too. I forgot to mention that I am a Navy vet myself. Foz and I are the resident Navy Vets I think.  LOL hope Perk does not hold that against me---- Heck I always got along with the Marines.

Retired US Navy -- Submarine Service  🙂   When I was in, we used to always thank the Marines for guarding our gates well...of course, that's done by civilians now, so we can't give them a hard time for that.  But, I do have the deepest respect for the Marines.  I remember crossing the submarine tender to get to our sub tied outboard when a security drill went down around 6:30 am.  With only a few steps left to get to our gangplank, I made a dash for it...dumb idea.  Ever have a marine wearing nothing but red gym shorts jam a .45 cal in your face and yell "FREEZE!!!" ????  Not a pleasant feeling 🙂  oorah!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service! You might try and check club resale sites like GlobalGolf or 2ndSwing, might have some luck there finding that 5w headcover. Like Carl mentioned, I also gotta know more about this reality show. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

5 hours ago, Perk4142 said:

First of all I joined because there is no judging I’ve been told. I’m a high handicaper -16.8- with only Low 90’s swing speed. I am a 300lb disabled USMC veteran and recently retired inner city high school teacher. I now have more time to practice and play. Clubs are hard to fit for me.

I’m using Bridgetone J15’s. Irons 4-W  with NS Pro shafts 

Driver is the J815 with a Fubuki graphite Flex-S shaft 10.5°

Also the Bridgestone J15F 3W same Fubuki shaft 15° And a J15HY 5 W 23° withsame Fubuki shaft. BTW I lost the hearcover to my 5w and would love to get a replacement one. Any suggestions? I’ve tried Ebay and Amazon.

Putter is an Odyssey Backstrike Blade  with  SuperStroke grip. It’s  an older model but I was “fitted” for it at one of the big box store chains. I like it but the ball doesn’t go in the hole so I think it’s broken.

Bag is a nice Bridgestone Tour Bag engraved with the name of a Golf Reality show I was cast member. 

Thnx for reading.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Semper Fi Brother Marine! Welcome to the forums! Nice looking set-up fer sure! stay in touch and be engaged. We'd love to hear more from you and often! Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Thanks so much for your service, both for serving in the Marines and inner-city schools. You can be assured that you have made a difference with your life! The clubs are great - always appreciated Bridgestone irons. Welcome - this is a great group of people!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Thanks for your service! 

Looks like a great setup. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Us Marines always like Navy. They give us rides. 😎

Great looking setup man! Active Navy here, so I’ve spent plenty of time with you Marines .

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

19 hours ago, CarlH said:

First and foremost, welcome to the forum and secondly, thank you for your service from one vet to another!  Got any more information on this golf reality show?  I've never heard of it before.

Carl the golf reality show was called Hack2Jack. You can google it. Very cool experience. Was on Season 1 and Season 2

15 hours ago, TSauer said:

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service! You might try and check club resale sites like GlobalGolf or 2ndSwing, might have some luck there finding that 5w headcover. Like Carl mentioned, I also gotta know more about this reality show. 

The show Hack2Jack took 12 of us and wanted to see if they could turn a Hack golfer 2 Jack N. Gave us nutritionalist, free chiropractic, health club membership, free pga lessons, unlimited practice and golf for a summer.

@Perk4142 thank you for your service! Clubs are only as good as the player that hits them. Looks like a good set ya got there. Whatever works best for ya. Then you become like most golfers, as soon as those work you you'll  want to tinker and find out if the newest ones work even better. Then you finally buy them and realize newer clubs are supposed to be even longer and straighter. It never ends... haha

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

@Perk4142 thank you for your service! Clubs are only as good as the player that hits them. Looks like a good set ya got there. Whatever works best for ya. Then you become like most golfers, as soon as those work you you'll  want to tinker and find out if the newest ones work even better. Then you finally buy them and realize newer clubs are supposed to be even longer and straighter. It never ends... haha

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

3 hours ago, Perk4142 said:

Us Marines always like Navy. They give us rides. 😎

LOL I turned wrenches on the riverboats that took you guys up the Delta. I was also unusual for a Navy mechanic I qualified Expert on 3 different small arms. When I was in A school on my free time I went to the range. A Marine Gunnery Sergeant taught me how to shoot. I qualified Expert on the 1911 Colt .45 , The M-1 rifle and the M-16 thanks to his help 

G

3 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Great looking setup man! Active Navy here, so I’ve spent plenty of time with you Marines emoji41.png.

I never knew that about you there Hicksta--- Thanks for your current service----- What is your rating if I may ask?

G

I never knew that about you there Hicksta--- Thanks for your current service----- What is your rating if I may ask?

I was enlisted for 10.5 years as a CTM and IT and then I went to OCS, which is where I got to know one Marine very well. My DI, Gunnery Sgt Salazar, USMC . I’ve been on the O side since then, but it’s been a hell of a ride!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Welcome to the forum @Perk4142, love the bag, love the clubs and would love to hear more about hacktojack!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

@Perk4142 Thank you for your service!

I love the bag. I used to play the J15f and always crushed that thing. Should have never sold it. I think I may just have to find another one to see if I can reclaim the magic. So thanks again!

Oh and welcome to the greatest forum on the net! #TruthDigest

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Welcome to the forum. I have had no judgement after about 8 months as a member. Thank you for service our country!

The bag is sweet! I've often thought about getting a second bag for days I know are going to be cart days and seeing yours kicked that thought processes into overdrive.

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur