Sign in to follow this  
mr.hicksta

Vessel Player Stand Bag Review (Unofficial)

Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag (14-way in Matte Black)

I went through a lot of bags before I ended up with the Vessel and I'm so happy with it that I decided to do a quick review of the bag in case others considering picking one up! I was actually looking at this bag (albeit in black since the matte black wasn't available yet) last year, but when I got quoted $200 shipping out here to Hawaii that made the purchase unrealistic. My interest was piqued again when I saw a friend had picked one up so I decided to try and find one from a vendor that wasn't going to charge me the price of a bag for shipping. Luckily for me I found this bag on eBay with much more reasonable shipping. After going over the entire bag, I found it has many of the features I enjoyed on the Ping Hoofer and the Sun Mountain Four 5. The overall quality is way better, (with the Ping Hoofer coming close) which is what you'd expect when paying over $300 for a golf bag! Enough of that...on to my thoughts!

The good:

• The layout of the 14-way top, especially the putter well!
  • Plenty of storage including a 'stealth' valuables pocket with a lock!
  • Extremely comfortable straps
  • Magnetic rangefinder pouch
  • Stealthy design with very few logos (I'm a fan of the incognito look)
  • Enclosed base with smooth stand leg deployment
  • Minimal tangling when pulling clubs out of the bag 
  • Impressive build quality

The okay:

• The towel hook/loop doubles as a ball marker, which looks kind of odd (UPDATE: Vessel is sending me a 2.0 towel loop!)
  • No full length dividers
  • No dedicated water bottle pouch. The cold item zipper pouch looks to be more dual use, so we'll see how it is on the course. 

The 2.0 Player Stand bag has been released since I purchased my bag and I suspect there are a few differences between the generations, but seeing how there's not a lot that can be changed I'm guessing the difference is minimal. I could've saved myself some money figuring out a way to get this bag last year, but I'm glad I ended up with one and I look forward to getting some mileage on this incredibly sexy golf bag! 

Feel free to post any questions in the thread and I hope y'all found this to be useful!

zQqoRdfl.jpg

f18FwWvl.jpg

95R9olal.jpg

WVoMHQKl.jpg

pyFKlHwl.jpg

LTrDntDl.jpg

MuU0DHFl.jpg

tDvnOMxl.jpg

nruJECFl.jpg

CUHraJRl.jpg

ggVFq1Cl.jpg

x8wOb5Jl.jpg

zSJoHcgl.jpg

Lu5wXTNl.jpg

8JEmW8Fl.jpg

CRuGQdBl.jpg

I’m eyeing a vessel bag from miura...crazy how I can’t pull trigger on this bag at just under $400 but have no issues with some other purchases in that range 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’m eyeing a vessel bag from miura...crazy how I can’t pull trigger on this bag at just under $400 but have no issues with some other purchases in that range 

I saw that one at Aloha Golf Center right before I bought this one. It's a gorgeous bag!

• Like 1

I have a Vessel stand bag. Awesome bag!  Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Vessel came through and hooked me up with a carbon fiber towel ring from the 2.0 bags! Solid upgrade over the original one for sure.

IMG_2387.JPG

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    boomdog07

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel 14-Way Player Stand Bag (Matte Black)
       F9 Speedback 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2") 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | MCA Tensei CK Blue 70 S (76g)
      G410 2H 17º (40.75") or 3H 19º (40.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped)
      RTX 4 50M, 54M, 58M | Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge125 (133g)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (34") | KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft |  Grips TOUR Aware
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips,  Tour and Sport Gloves, Robert Mark and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and Epoch S3 tees. 

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Press Release:
      FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 28, 2019) – Titleist, Golf’s Symbol of Excellence, introduces five new golf bag models across two distinct categories – stand and hybrid – for the 2019 season.
      TITLEIST PLAYERS COLLECTION: The Titleist Players Collection stand bags – Players 4 StaDry, Players 4 Plus and Players 4 – offer feature-rich designs for dedicated golfers seeking a lightweight stand bag without sacrificing storage or durability.
      The Players 4 StaDry is the ultimate performance option for golfers that walk in all weather conditions. Fourteen percent lighter than the prior generation model, Players 4 StaDry offers the same lightweight construction and features as the Players 4 – including a 25 percent increase in strap padding for more comfort while carrying – but with premium waterproof materials and seam-sealed protection. The Players 4 Plus is designed for golfers seeking the versatility and comfort of a lightweight stand bag but with extra storage options.

To commemorate the launch, the Players 4 Plus will be on display this week on the PGA Tour, carried by the caddies of Titleist brand ambassadors competing in the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The black, white and red bag model is one of 13 colorways in the Players 4 Plus line.
      TITLEIST HYBRID COLLECTION: The new Titleist Hybrid Collection bags are distinctly designed for golfers who like to walk and ride, offering the perfect blend of premium cart and stand bag features.
      The two new models – Hybrid 14 and Hybrid 5 – combine the versatility of a Titleist stand bag with an added cart strap loop that allows access to the valuables pocket when strapped into the cart.
      The Hybrid 14, with 14 full-length club dividers, provides superior organization with maximum storage, while the Hybrid 5 offers a more lightweight, cart-friendly design.
      AVAILABILITY: The new Titleist Players and Hybrid Collection golf bags will be available in golf shops beginning Feb. 1, 2019, starting at $200. Customization is available on all bag models.
      • • •
      PLAYERS 4 STADRY: Every element to protect you from the elements
      Lightweight, Waterproof Construction
      The new Players 4 StaDry is 14 percent lighter than the previous model with a tour-inspired, low-profile top cuff, four full-length dividers and a 25 percent increase in strap padding for more comfort while carrying. The bag features six pockets, including one dedicated for a rangefinder, one lined for a water bottle and a spacious full-length apparel pocket. Additional features and benefits include:
      StaDry waterproof premium, durable nylon construction with seam-sealed zippers and six pockets High-grade lightweight aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual density foam straps for long lasting comfort Lightweight, tour-inspired, low profile top cuff with four (4) full-length dividers 10 colorways | 6 pockets | 3.8 lbs | $255 PLAYERS 4 PLUS: Get the most out of every round
      Lightweight Design, Extra Storage
      The Players 4 Plus is for the golfer seeking added storage in a lightweight stand bag. The Players 4 Plus delivers with a larger top cuff than the Players 4 StaDry and Players 4, and seven distinct pockets, including: a dedicated tee pocket above the removable ball pocket; a waterproof valuables pocket and full length apparel pocket; and a dedicated rangefinder and lined water bottle pockets.
      High-grade aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual density foam straps for long lasting comfort Lightweight, tour-inspired low profile top cuff with 4 full-length dividers and 7 distinct pockets 3 colorways | 7 pockets | 4.3 lbs. | $225 PLAYERS 4: A lighter more comfortable way to play
      Lightweight Construction, Premium Materials
      12 percent lighter than the previous model High-grade aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual-density foam for long lasting comfort 6 pockets include a soft to touch valuables, full-length apparel, dedicated water bottle and range finder Lightweight, tour-inspired,low profile top cuff with 4 full-length dividers 11 colorways | 6 pockets | 3.8 lbs. | $200 HYBRID 14: Stand bag meets cart bag
      Cart-Friendly Design, Superior Organization
      Integrated cart strap tunnel for easy access and added security in golf cart Tour-inspired top cuff with integrated handles 8 total pockets, including two full length apparel pockets for maximum storage 4 full-length dividers and removable ball pocket for customization 25 percent increase in strap padding with dual-density foam and self-balancing, convertible strap system for more durability, cushioning and long lasting comfort 9 colorways | 8 pockets | 5.6 lbs | $240 HYBRID 5: A smooth ride
      Lightweight, Cart-Friendly Design
      Integrated cart strap loop for easy access and added security in golf cart Low profile top cuff with 5 full length dividers 7 percent increase in volume over the Players 5 model 7 total pockets, including a removable ball pocket for customization 25 percent increase in strap padding with dual-density foam and self-balancing, convertible strap system for more durability, cushioning and long lasting comfort 9 colorways | 7 pockets | 4.8 lbs. | $230

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!