Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Game Of Thrones - season 8

perseveringgolfer

*No Spoilers please for anyone catching up*

Just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same as I do re season 8?

overall I think it's lost something, even at c$14m per episode. It just doesn't feel the same as the first 7 series which I don't think I could fault one single episode.

Last nights epic battle took 53 consecutive night shoots to film, apparently!

It was epic, but I found it quite hard to figure what was happening as it was so dark and the camera work jumped all over the place.

The last 3 episodes still to air look pretty good though, so fingers crossed.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I don't disagree but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they want to tie it in a nice little bow. With the series ending there has to be some finality. But it does feel like there was a big left turn all of sudden to wrap all story lines up. 

As far as the epic battle it was very tough to watch. In fact I thought my TV was broken because I couldn't see s#$t.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Agree with the visuals on the latest episode. We were only able to see details because we had the lights way down. Even then there was a lot lost in the darkness of the scenes. 

With so many story lines to close the remaining episodes might feel busy compared to the single location of the Battle of Winterfell.

Looking forward to it all the same.

Now if Mr. Martin would just finish the dang books......

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact they don’t have the books to fall back on anymore. Sure they got a loose outline of the ending from George RR Martin, but that’s much different than having a detailed plan to follow like the first 5ish seasons.

Really hoping the last 3 episodes are rock solid. There’s a lot of characters left that don’t seem to have much purpose anymore so it could (should) be a blood bath.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Yeah the show has changed but that is the natural progression of a show that is ending its final season.  There isn't enough time left for new, BIG storylines.  There's not enough time left to have characters roaming through a forest for 3 or 4 episodes.  And there certainly isn't enough time for many of the complex fan theories that are the subject of countless YouTube videos.  Season 8 was so massively hyped-up it's difficult for any show to live up to that.  There's also the anticipation that builds with approx. 20 months from end of season 7 to start of season 8.  Take that with some of the other comments, throw it all in a blender, and you have the perfect recipe for exactly how you're feeling. 

For the last season of this or any show, I say sit back and just enjoy the ride.  Enjoy getting a resolution to seasons-long storylines.  Enjoy one last go round with all the characters and, as it were, say to goodbye to some (many?) of them. 

I enjoy trailer breakdown videos, episode breakdown videos, fan-theory videos etc. as much as the next person.  In the end, it's helpful to be reminded of the lyrics to the theme song from Mystery Science Theater 3000...."Repeat to yourself it's just a show; I really should just relax"

Last nights episode was like the good old days. Great story lines, shocks, action, humour, resolution, anger......etc it had it all.

Good post twocoats, makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

OMG! what an episode last night.

Didn’t care for the last 2 episodes.

Feels like they are rushing through the final season. They could have had whole episodes on the small story lines.

They should have waited for the books.

Waay too much story to tell in 78 minutes this week.

No dialogue. Just torch everything. One way to end it if there is nothing left.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Didn’t care for the last 2 episodes.

Feels like they are rushing through the final season. They could have had whole episodes on the small story lines.

They should have waited for the books.

Waay too much story to tell in 78 minutes this week.

No dialogue. Just torch everything. One way to end it if there is nothing left.

Yes I dont disagree, it does feel a bit rushed, fantastic intricate story lines for years then it two episodes its all nearly over.🙄

I mentioned before this series doesnt have the same 'feel' to it, possibly as it's rushed and possibly related to not having the authors storylines.

I wont spoil it here but so many of my favourite characters met their end last night- gutted!

Yes I dont disagree, it does feel a bit rushed, fantastic intricate story lines for years then it two episodes its all nearly over.
I mentioned before this series doesnt have the same 'feel' to it, possibly as it's rushed and possibly related to not having the authors storylines.
I wont spoil it here but so many of my favourite characters met their end last night- gutted!

Same...

21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Same... emoji190.png

I see what you did there...😏

I thought this was a pretty good explanation on why people are hating on the show this year (and a little last year as well).  You can definitely tell at this point the writers are more focused on the finish line than the journey.

My hope for the last episode is that everyone dies except for Jon Snow.  Jon then decides to head north of the wall to be the Westeros version of Grizzly Adams.  Obviously Ghost would play the roll of Gentle Ben the bear.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not looking forward to a no dialog ending. Too many stories to tie up in 80 minutes.

seriously, will there be no dialogue? is that their 'clever' way to let everyone have the ending they think would happen?

seriously, will there be no dialogue? is that their 'clever' way to let everyone have the ending they think would happen?

There’s been like 40 words spoken in the last 2 it seems like (probably more than that). Just a bunch of people running for their lives, staring off into nothing, and just fading away into what could have been.

My opinion is they ruined it. I’m not even a die hard fan, I can only imagine what the fanatics are thinking.

It's simply amazing the way people are complaining about this show. It has been amazing since the very first episode a decade ago. Why cant people just be entertained for an hour on a Sunday night with out dissecting every little branch of an extremely winding story line. It has to end one day and the original writer I believe isnt even involved at this point. It has always been agonizing at how long it's been between seasons. Just sit back and enjoy what's left. I dont get everything needing to be perfectly explained and played out. It would take another 20 episodes to tie in every thread together. Just let it end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My thoughts are the same as they are with Star Wars.

Why even make the effort if you aren’t going to give it your best?

Episode 8 is the worst piece of crap movie I’ve ever seen.

I would rather wait 3-4 years for the books to get finished then what they are doing now.

They put to sleep the nightmare they called a season.  What a yawner.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

This was one of the greatest TV series ever. An impossibility to wrap everything up perfectly. Sucks that it’s over but glad I watched it. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I could've just not watched that finale and it wouldn't have made a difference *fart noise*

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond