TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tommy Armour Impact Series No. 3 Alignment Putter

ole gray

19 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks, but unfortunatly the seller does not ship to Italy. i'll keep checking.

One question since you have the putter, the head feels "heavy" or "light"? i Mean i tried a Scotty Phantom X 8 and the head was super heavy, others are way lighter.. I prefer a heavy head but i'm open to change seeing my struggle lately (i've a very old Odissey Dual Force Rossie II).

I don’t know if their head weights are different for different length putters but I have a 35” model and would say it is in the middle for mallet putters.  My ER6 that it replaced had a heavier head (ordered that way) but the TA  has still produced better results.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

3 hours ago, ED13 said:

I don’t know if their head weights are different for different length putters but I have a 35” model and would say it is in the middle for mallet putters.  My ER6 that it replaced had a heavier head (ordered that way) but the TA  has still produced better results.

Thanks ED, i see you're from Toronto. My brother in law will be there in a few days, is the TA on sale in some physical stores? Or only online? I may ask him to buy it for me

Thank you

13 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks ED, i see you're from Toronto. My brother in law will be there in a few days, is the TA on sale in some physical stores? Or only online? I may ask him to buy it for me

Thank you

I don’t know anywhere in the city the putter is for sale.  I purchased mine while in the US at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Driver - Ping G410

14 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thank you

If you really want one and can't find one on ebay, I can easily wander the mile to the closest Dicks and get you a shiny new one and ship it. Not sure what shipping costs to Italy, but still probably cheaper than almost any other putter out there. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

11 hours ago, Thin2win said:

If you really want one and can't find one on ebay, I can easily wander the mile to the closest Dicks and get you a shiny new one and ship it. Not sure what shipping costs to Italy, but still probably cheaper than almost any other putter out there. 

Thanks Thin2win, that's very kind of you. I'll see first if my brother in law can get it in Canada (he has to see if it will fit into his luggage or has to take another bag for it. Shipping i think might be around 40$ or so for a putter.

5 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks Thin2win, that's very kind of you. I'll see first if my brother in law can get it in Canada (he has to see if it will fit into his luggage or has to take another bag for it. Shipping i think might be around 40$ or so for a putter.

Dick 's isn't in Canada, so he'd need to come state side to get it. Just send me a PM if you want me to get /ship you one

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I had to buy one off Dicks and go through a secondary shipping agent to get it to Australia. Cost me a small fortune because the box it came in was 150mm too long and pushed it into the oversize shipping rates. Anyhow I'm glad I got it here. It's such a well balanced putter and for whatever reason its the easiest putter to line up with within 10 feet for sure. Build quality is not the best and the blacked out shaft chips as soon as you look at it. I ended up scraping the shaft paint off and cleaned up the mat silver underneath and its come up a treat. I've been a bigger grip fan but I've liked the Winn smaller pistol grip. I think it gives the head more balance so you can feel the putt and its insert feedback. I play with Srixon VX and Snell MBT X and it gives a wonderful click. I'm a fan and its certainly kicked out my Evnroll and Ping putters. 

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

3 hours ago, Dueller said:

I had to buy one off Dicks and go through a secondary shipping agent to get it to Australia. Cost me a small fortune because the box it came in was 150mm too long and pushed it into the oversize shipping rates. Anyhow I'm glad I got it here. It's such a well balanced putter and for whatever reason its the easiest putter to line up with within 10 feet for sure. Build quality is not the best and the blacked out shaft chips as soon as you look at it. I ended up scraping the shaft paint off and cleaned up the mat silver underneath and its come up a treat. I've been a bigger grip fan but I've liked the Winn smaller pistol grip. I think it gives the head more balance so you can feel the putt and its insert feedback. I play with Srixon VX and Snell MBT X and it gives a wonderful click. I'm a fan and its certainly kicked out my Evnroll and Ping putters. 

Great post!   Yea mine has the Evnroll ER5 & Odyssey Black Two Ball on the bench.  It looks like a loonnnnnnng bench ride for those two 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Zero three putts today and four 1 putts makes OG a happy Camper!   We have fast and undulating greens at my golf course and between the three putters in my arsenal, the TA #3 is the lead dawg.      I'm going to get a video or two of how smooth a roll this putter puts on a ball.  It's smoother than Aunt Lou Ellen's banana cream pie 😍

Cleveland

31 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Zero three putts today and four 1 putts makes OG a happy Camper!   We have fast and undulating greens at my golf course and between the three putters in my arsenal, the TA #3 is the lead dawg.      I'm going to get a video or two of how smooth a roll this putter puts on a ball.  It's smoother than Aunt Lou Ellen's banana cream pie 😍

Is Betty sharing the back seat with the Evnroll and the Odyssey?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Is Betty sharing the back seat with the Evnroll and the Odyssey?

Actually Betty was traded for the Evnroll ER5 . The ER5 is a good looking putter however I’m having distance control issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

I like the new grip Ole Grey!  I'm testing the putter for the forum.  Before I make my final testing, I think I will upgrade the grip to see how it changes things.

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

6 hours ago, Txmason123 said:

I like the new grip Ole Grey!  I'm testing the putter for the forum.  Before I make my final testing, I think I will upgrade the grip to see how it changes things.

Yea I'm definitely impressed with the grip I added! 😍

Cleveland

I ordered the all black No. 3 and it arrived in just 2 days. First week ou5 and I saw 4 birdies, then 2 birdies, then 2 birdies, etc. Gotta admit it has kicked my Evnroll to the closet.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the TA3 is out of my bag.  Long putts of 20’+ was the undoing of this putter.  I’ll post a new topic to explain.

Driver - Ping G410

• 3 months later...

My er3 wasn’t feeling good for me and I went back to Tommy-

its a good putter, that’s why it keeps winning...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Yea mine still on the bag. In fact I sold all my other putters! Tells ya something huh

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 2:53 PM, ole gray said:

The first time I tried one of these putters it was the longer counter balanced model.  It rolled the ball nice and pure but I was having distance control issues. Well the other day I was killing time in Dick's and decided to roll one of the regular length No. 3 putters.  Actually the 34 inch model to be exact and I was really pleased with the feel and consistency.  I had some money coming my way plus there was a 20% off deal going on so I picked one up for $80 & change.    I took it to the course for a round of golf today and I was grinning like a farm boy in a cow tit pulling contest!   Hey folks this putter ain't no joke and I can see why it rated as the top dog in results for the MyGolfSpy Mallet Category.   I still have my Betty in the truck and a nice two-baller however this TA #3 is cooking with Crisco and it's staying in the bag.   I feel  like I have total control on the face.  I'm a face balanced kind of guy and this putter's is slicker than Aunt Annie May's hot buttered pancakes!   Wow is about all I got to say right now.......   

Update: A/O 11/18/2019

Still loving my TA #3 😍.      I've had many putters over the years and some were better than others.  For the price I paid for this putter it ranks as absolute best for the value!   Smooth roll and excellent distance control = Happy Camper 👍

Cleveland