ole gray

Tommy Armour Impact Series No. 3 Alignment Putter

Our Sponsors

I really like those grips.  Good shape.  Good luck with it. 

It feels awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

It feels awesome!

I am having pretty good results with the stock grip. So even though I prefer a thicker grip I am afraid to mess with it!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
:tour-edge: Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
:tour-edge: HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

I am having pretty good results with the stock grip. So even though I prefer a thicker grip I am afraid to mess with it!

I felt the same as I was timid about messing up a good thing. Since I changed to the SS 2.0 I’m satisfied that nothing has changed. This putter is the real deal!

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

I could only get a 35” in the all black version of the TA #3. Had 6 birdies last weekend with 2 more yesterday. Like Ole Gray said, “slicker than a scoop of ice cream on a hot piece of peach pie.”

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Just started gaming this (34'' version) with an Evnroll Gravity grip. First round with the putter and I posted a 37 on 9 with 3 1 putts. Given how poor I have been putting this year, suffice it to say I was relieved. It's incredibly easy to get on line. I'll probably use it for the remainder of the summer.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Tour Burner (in the process of replacing)

3 Wood: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 13.5* Project-X HZRDUS Black 6.0

3 Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX Iron-Wood 19* Project-X HZRDUS Black 6.0

4-50*: :titelist-small: 718 AP2 Project-X LZ 6.5

56*, 60*: Vokey SM7 Raw S-Grind 56*, M-Grind 60*

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact Series No. 3 Alignment Putter 34'' Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star

Other: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Range-Finder, :Arccos: Caddie Smart-Sensors 2.0

I put a new putter (Evnroll ER5) in play the last couple of rounds and I can honestly say I missed  my TA #3.  It's rock solid and my distance control is second to none.  With the other putterts in my stall, I don't see them standing a chance against ole Tommy.  

• Like 3

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Hi, 

i don't know if this is the right thread to ask for, but anyone know if it's possible to buy this putter in Europe? I can't find a Tommy Armour website, basically no seller searching on google, only dick's (with is georestricted, can't even access the site without VPN). Nothing on amazon.com either. I would like to try, but i don't know where to buy it. 

Thanks

Dani

5 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Hi, 

i don't know if this is the right thread to ask for, but anyone know if it's possible to buy this putter in Europe? I can't find a Tommy Armour website, basically no seller searching on google, only dick's (with is georestricted, can't even access the site without VPN). Nothing on amazon.com either. I would like to try, but i don't know where to buy it. 

Thanks

Dani

Keep checking on Ebay as deals like this are for the taking:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tommy-Armour-Impact-No-3-CB-putter-34-inch-RH/273886953259?hash=item3fc4ef3f2b:g:z7kAAOSwZDpdAZaE

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Thanks, but unfortunatly the seller does not ship to Italy. i'll keep checking.

One question since you have the putter, the head feels "heavy" or "light"? i Mean i tried a Scotty Phantom X 8 and the head was super heavy, others are way lighter.. I prefer a heavy head but i'm open to change seeing my struggle lately (i've a very old Odissey Dual Force Rossie II).

19 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks, but unfortunatly the seller does not ship to Italy. i'll keep checking.

One question since you have the putter, the head feels "heavy" or "light"? i Mean i tried a Scotty Phantom X 8 and the head was super heavy, others are way lighter.. I prefer a heavy head but i'm open to change seeing my struggle lately (i've a very old Odissey Dual Force Rossie II).

I don’t know if their head weights are different for different length putters but I have a 35” model and would say it is in the middle for mallet putters.  My ER6 that it replaced had a heavier head (ordered that way) but the TA  has still produced better results.

• Like 2

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

3 hours ago, ED13 said:

I don’t know if their head weights are different for different length putters but I have a 35” model and would say it is in the middle for mallet putters.  My ER6 that it replaced had a heavier head (ordered that way) but the TA  has still produced better results.

Thanks ED, i see you're from Toronto. My brother in law will be there in a few days, is the TA on sale in some physical stores? Or only online? I may ask him to buy it for me

Thank you

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks ED, i see you're from Toronto. My brother in law will be there in a few days, is the TA on sale in some physical stores? Or only online? I may ask him to buy it for me

Thank you

I don’t know anywhere in the city the putter is for sale.  I purchased mine while in the US at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

14 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thank you

If you really want one and can't find one on ebay, I can easily wander the mile to the closest Dicks and get you a shiny new one and ship it. Not sure what shipping costs to Italy, but still probably cheaper than almost any other putter out there. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

:Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

11 hours ago, Thin2win said:

If you really want one and can't find one on ebay, I can easily wander the mile to the closest Dicks and get you a shiny new one and ship it. Not sure what shipping costs to Italy, but still probably cheaper than almost any other putter out there. 

Thanks Thin2win, that's very kind of you. I'll see first if my brother in law can get it in Canada (he has to see if it will fit into his luggage or has to take another bag for it. Shipping i think might be around 40$ or so for a putter.

5 hours ago, Daniunchained said:

Thanks Thin2win, that's very kind of you. I'll see first if my brother in law can get it in Canada (he has to see if it will fit into his luggage or has to take another bag for it. Shipping i think might be around 40$ or so for a putter.

Dick 's isn't in Canada, so he'd need to come state side to get it. Just send me a PM if you want me to get /ship you one

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

:Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

I had to buy one off Dicks and go through a secondary shipping agent to get it to Australia. Cost me a small fortune because the box it came in was 150mm too long and pushed it into the oversize shipping rates. Anyhow I'm glad I got it here. It's such a well balanced putter and for whatever reason its the easiest putter to line up with within 10 feet for sure. Build quality is not the best and the blacked out shaft chips as soon as you look at it. I ended up scraping the shaft paint off and cleaned up the mat silver underneath and its come up a treat. I've been a bigger grip fan but I've liked the Winn smaller pistol grip. I think it gives the head more balance so you can feel the putt and its insert feedback. I play with Srixon VX and Snell MBT X and it gives a wonderful click. I'm a fan and its certainly kicked out my Evnroll and Ping putters. 

• Like 6

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

3 hours ago, Dueller said:

I had to buy one off Dicks and go through a secondary shipping agent to get it to Australia. Cost me a small fortune because the box it came in was 150mm too long and pushed it into the oversize shipping rates. Anyhow I'm glad I got it here. It's such a well balanced putter and for whatever reason its the easiest putter to line up with within 10 feet for sure. Build quality is not the best and the blacked out shaft chips as soon as you look at it. I ended up scraping the shaft paint off and cleaned up the mat silver underneath and its come up a treat. I've been a bigger grip fan but I've liked the Winn smaller pistol grip. I think it gives the head more balance so you can feel the putt and its insert feedback. I play with Srixon VX and Snell MBT X and it gives a wonderful click. I'm a fan and its certainly kicked out my Evnroll and Ping putters. 

Great post!   Yea mine has the Evnroll ER5 & Odyssey Black Two Ball on the bench.  It looks like a loonnnnnnng bench ride for those two 😉

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Zero three putts today and four 1 putts makes OG a happy Camper!   We have fast and undulating greens at my golf course and between the three putters in my arsenal, the TA #3 is the lead dawg.      I'm going to get a video or two of how smooth a roll this putter puts on a ball.  It's smoother than Aunt Lou Ellen's banana cream pie 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

31 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Zero three putts today and four 1 putts makes OG a happy Camper!   We have fast and undulating greens at my golf course and between the three putters in my arsenal, the TA #3 is the lead dawg.      I'm going to get a video or two of how smooth a roll this putter puts on a ball.  It's smoother than Aunt Lou Ellen's banana cream pie 😍

Is Betty sharing the back seat with the Evnroll and the Odyssey?

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9