TESTERS WANTED! ×

Leupold rangefinder warranty?

3 hours ago, michael2241@gmail.com said:

Hi all, anyone had to deal with Leupold support? I have a rangefinder by them that quit working after a few years.  I know that their other optics carry a lifetime warranty, but don't know about rangefinders.

thanks,

Mike

If you fill out the form found here: https://www.leupold.com/service-support/services-repair they'll get back to you with your options. I had one of their rangefinders inexplicably die, so I filled out that form, and had a brand new unit a couple weeks later. But like @jlukes eluded to, best bet is to peruse the site as it has all the warranty specifics. Good luck!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 1 month later...

I've had great success with Leupold warranty service.   I bought a lightly used GX 5i3 on the bay, used it over a year and it bounced  off cart  and then wouldn't work over 100 yd distance.   I completed form and shipped back - about 4 weeks later a brand new unit arrived - no charge except for my ship to them.   They did not ask for any purchase info (receipt, etc.)

That unit got a little wonky in May at a year old - line of sight was perfect, slope was reading down (flat  target reading downhill - my pal's Bushnell was always showing less drop than my Leupold.  Same deal - I shipped back, new one in shrink wrap package arrives 5 weeks later, no questions asked.

Last tidbit - I picked up a Nikon 20i with slope on the Bay for $100 to have something until mine came back -  no comparision between the two, the Nikon's numbers bounced around on slope mode by 5 - 6 yards.   Sold it on the Bay for $115 6 weeks later., I would have kept it if it was close in performance.

• 1 year later...

The numbers displayed on my Leupold GX-3i2 began to fade last year after 6 years of use (only had to change the battery once).  I called customer support and they asked that I send them the unit.  Ten days later I received a box with a new GX-3i3.  No problems at all. 

I bought the Leupold because of the lifetime warranty and they kept their word.  Leupold only has the lifetime warranty on the 5-series rangefinder now, so when mine dies I will be out of luck. 

So far my Gx2i3 has been solid, same batteries and no issues. Can't say anything about customer service because I haven't needed them yet.

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 2 weeks later...

I has issues and called, way over 2 years after purchasing.  They were great and fixed the unit for no charge including replacing a lost battery cover          

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

On 4/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, higherplane said:

I has issues and called, way over 2 years after purchasing.  They were great and fixed the unit for no charge including replacing a lost battery cover          

Very common for them to replace defective product well beyond the warranty period... great customer service.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag
Ping G400 Max 12.0˚, Alta CB 55 R-Flex
XXIO 5w, 7w, 5h, 6h, MP900 Graphite R-Flex
Callaway Apex '21 Forged 6-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 F3
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex
LAB Golf DF 2.1 Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour Black, LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip
Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Leupold is an exceptional company, with exceptional customer service. I have owned binoculars, scopes, and rangefinders and if there is an issue, they fix it. I had a pair of binoculars, that for lack of a better term, had been used(abused). I broke off an eye cap on an antelope hunt and even though that model had been discontinued, they were replaced with the current model. I actually just purchased a second rangefinder for one of my kids for competitive golf due to the reputation of their customer service. 

Similarly, I have also had a good experience with Zeiss, but due to the fact that their rangefinders measure slope and additional variables, I do not use for golf anymore. It had to be substituted when I started playing tournaments again and I automatically went with Leupold. The optics are second to none. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

On 4/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, FORE Left said:

The numbers displayed on my Leupold GX-3i2 began to fade last year after 6 years of use (only had to change the battery once).  I called customer support and they asked that I send them the unit.  Ten days later I received a box with a new GX-3i3.  No problems at all. 

I bought the Leupold because of the lifetime warranty and they kept their word.  Leupold only has the lifetime warranty on the 5-series rangefinder now, so when mine dies I will be out of luck. 

They did the same for me with my GX1 after 5 years, I sent it to them and they sent another.  When it died I went to Bushnell but I still share with folks that Leupold is a great choice. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I didn’t have as much luck sending mine in. The red oled readout began to fail on my GX3i2 so I sent it in to them to be looked at. 

They replied a few weeks later that it was not covered by the warranty (I knew that, but based on feedback like this thread I tried anyway) and they did offer me a discount on a new unit.

Around that time I was selected to do a review on the PrecisionPro NX9-HD and it has been every bit as good for me.   

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I replaced mine with Leupold a few years back when the digital display began to fade/disappear. Because it was the GX2 they gave me 50% off the purchase of a new one. I think that was a worse case scenario considering what I am reading here.

M6 12/PXG 5W/TS2 3W/MIZUNO JPX900 Forged/Vokey Wedges/Futura X Putter

37 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I didn’t have as much luck sending mine in. The red oled readout began to fail on my GX3i2 so I sent it in to them to be looked at. 

They replied a few weeks later that it was not covered by the warranty (I knew that, but based on feedback like this thread I tried anyway) and they did offer me a discount on a new unit.

Around that time I was selected to do a review on the PrecisionPro NX9-HD and it has been every bit as good for me.   

Good to know.  I have the same unit and my hundreds number, i.e., the "2" in 230 yards, has disappeared.  Luckily it is still easy to figure out the difference between 30, 130, 230, etc. yards out, but I wonder when the rest of the numbers will fail...probably on the second hole of my next tourney.  

I've had a Leupold 3X-GI since they first were made and it has performed flawlessly. I admit I baby it. Take it out of the golf bag pocket when I'm at the ball, shoot the flag then put it back in the bag. It doesn't eat batteries at all. AAMOF I am quite impressed how long the batteries last. I actually purchased a Precision Pro NX-7 Pro new and swapped between it and the 3X-GI for a while and the Leupold won out so I sold the PP. Nice to know their support is good in the event I need it. 

Edited by Mathwiz

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:05 AM, Tin Cup2 said:

Very common for them to replace defective product well beyond the warranty period... great customer service.

I didn't have any luck with the GX-3i2 I sent in a couple weeks ago.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, B.Boston said:

This is the same issue I was having.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, tsgilbert said:

Mine was past 2 years - half the number was visible, bottom half was not. I called their support, mailed it to them, was given a new one - no charge. I don’t know how you beat that service.

Wish I would've got this lucky.