Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Removing Studio Select weights. Pictures for DIY'ers

golfluvzme

I have read more than a few threads about this subject, so here are some pictures to show the method that works for me.

Hope this helps out the guys who want to work on their own SS putters and saves some $$$ over sending them to the Cameron Studio.

Good Luck!

2011_02090001.jpg

2011_02090002.jpg

2011_02090003.jpg

2011_02090004.jpg

2011_02090005.jpg

2011_02090006.jpg

2011_02090007.jpg

2011_02090009.jpg

Thats awesome thanks for sharing

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Great! To put it back in do I need to use epoxy glue or the weight can be scred back in securely?

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Thanks for posting that. I went on the bay and found the dude that makes that tool and ordered one. I also picked up some clean looking 20 gram weights off of him too.(these will replace the 15 gram weights that are pretty scraped up from my endless tinkering with pliers) I'll try and post some pics of it when I get all that stuff in. Thanks again for the idea!

Alright so the weight tool and weights came in. The tool is super easy to use, as LaMont indicated its very easy to just insert into a vise and tap the weights loose. (mine were already loose, but I could see how this would help a fresh set of weights)

Here is a picture of what I got for 30 bucks. 2 weights of your choice (I picked 20 grams and a tool) Certainly this is not for a purist that MUST have the original weights - I am not one of these purists.

64125c02.jpg

Then I popped them in (my only concern was that they would fit well and be flush. Which they are.

8c752bc1.jpg

6debf533.jpg

The picture quality is poor since Im taking cell phone images here, if anyone has any questions about this weight option let me know. Its way cheaper than the regular scotty weights.

Alright so the weight tool and weights came in. The tool is super easy to use, as LaMont indicated its very easy to just insert into a vise and tap the weights loose. (mine were already loose, but I could see how this would help a fresh set of weights)

Here is a picture of what I got for 30 bucks. 2 weights of your choice (I picked 20 grams and a tool) Certainly this is not for a purist that MUST have the original weights - I am not one of these purists.

64125c02.jpg

Then I popped them in (my only concern was that they would fit well and be flush. Which they are.

8c752bc1.jpg

6debf533.jpg

The picture quality is poor since Im taking cell phone images here, if anyone has any questions about this weight option let me know. Its way cheaper than the regular scotty weights.

Don't put them on a scale and compare the actual weight to the stated weight, you'll be disappointed. Every set of aftermarket weights I've seen are 2-3 grams off each, some as much as 5 grams.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

There was a post on WRX complete with pictures of the weights on a scale.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Pretty close, good enough for me. Heck, Scotty used to have an acceptable variance of 5 grams or more on his OTR putters, even those stamped with actual weight like the 33"/350 gram models or 34"/340 gram. models. I have a ProPlat Bullseye Flange 33"/350 gram model in my shop, right now that was off by 4.7 grams. Still, that is alright by me. Keep it within 5 grams and I'll never be able to tell the difference.

LaMont in AZ

Archived