TESTERS WANTED! ×

ECCO Golf Introduces the New S-Lite Line

Golfspy_CG2

ECCO® GOLF Introduces S-LITE 
Revolutionary Design Creates Brand’s Lightest-Ever Leather Golf Shoe  

(LONDONDERRY, NH) – 
ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – unveils ECCO S-LITE, a one-of-a-kind hybrid shoe which breaks boundaries as the brand’s lightest-ever leather golf shoe.

ECCO S-LITE takes a fresh, innovative approach to golf shoe design by blending cutting-edge engineering and comfort to ensure an ultra-light on-course experience. A multi-injection production process offers a TPU outsole that’s 66% thinner than ECCO has previously created, perfect as a packable playing option.

“By owning our own tanneries and manufacturing processes, ECCO GOLF continues to find ways to deliver golfers truly distinctive footwear,” says Jesper Thuen, General Manager, ECCO GOLF USA. “This passion for performance and design is exemplified in S-LITE.”

A stylish, diamond-shaped embossing on the ECCO RICH TWO-TONE YAK leather upper reduces weight while increasing comfort, and a soft textile lining provides natural water repellency and breathability.

The E-DTS™ LITE outsole offers on-and-off course traction and durability with exceptional flexibility. A molded leather heel counter and inside toe reinforcement offer additional support ensuring stable footing throughout the swing.

Other unique features and benefits include:
  • Premium, durable ECCO YAK leather, made in the company’s own tanneries 
  • An award-winning E-DTS™ LITE hybrid outsole design that adds more than 100 traction studs and 800 traction angles for excellent grip in all playing conditions 
  • FLUIDFORM™ Technology which is a ‘state change’ process that uses specialized fluid materials to form around an anatomical last, ensuring a finely-tuned balance of cushioning and rebound, while also creating an integral, flexible and durable bond, without the compromises common with stitched or glued assemblies 
  • A PU midsole with a PU wing, wrapping the sides of the foot delivers stability on and off the course 
  • A premium soft leather foot bed that offers a soft feel and natural moisture management 
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by European Ryder Cup Captain Thomas Bjørn, Fred Couples, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and Caroline Masson, among others.

ABOUT ECCO

ECCO®, a world-leading brand of shoes combining style and comfort, has built its success on great design and leather quality, and innovative technology. Founded in Denmark in 1963, ECCO is one of the few major shoe manufacturers in the world, which owns and manages every aspect of its leather and shoe productions, and its retail sales. ECCO is among the largest producers in the world of high-quality leather, which is used in ECCO’s shoes, and own production of leather goods and is also sold to several leading luxury brands. Today, ECCO products are sold in 87 countries in more than 3,300 ECCO shops and shop-in-shops, and at more than 14,000 sales points around the world. The company is family-owned and employs more than 19,000 people worldwide.

ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.

Ecco S Lite 1.jpg

Ecco S lite Pic 3.jpg

Ecco S Lite 2.jpg

ecco s lite 4.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

They're very plain looking. I'm curious as to what they retail for? A couple years ago I looked at getting a pair of the ECCO Bioms, but the cost was just a little too rich for my blood. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I was actually one of the very early wearers of ECCO more than probably 15 years ago.   I think the original model were the Streets?

At the time they were $149 which was on the higher end of regular golf shoes at the time.  They were the most comfortable I had ever worn, and continued to wear them and pay for new models at $189 when they came out.   Why?  Well as I often tell people, shoes are the only piece of equipment that you use not only for every shot, but between every shot as well, so paying for comfort and quality is worth it to me.

All that said, I will have to say I think something major has changed in ECCO's design team over the last 5 or 6 years, I've tried at least 3 of the newer model over that time, and had to sell or give them away after one or two rounds.   They have completely lost the title of most comfortable shoes I've worn.     

What's weird is is I have a pair of dress shoes that look great with a suit, that are very comfortable and a pair of casual walking shoes that are pretty good as well   But seems to me, they have gone a different direction with their golf R&D that isn't up to the rest of the brand. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Any info about waterproofing? Lighter isn’t better if your feet get soaked.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

37 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Any info about waterproofing? Lighter isn’t better if your feet get soaked.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Natural water repellency" I'd say that's along the lines of "water resistant". 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock