mr.hicksta

Royal Blue Golf Course at Baha Mar

I'm tagging along to the Bahamas with the wife in June and since she'll be working some of the time, I'll be fooling around playing golf. We're going to be in Nassau so here's where I'm playing: Royal Blue Golf Course at Baha Mar - https://bahamar.com/experiences/golf/

1.jpg

I haven't seen much about the course aside from some light Googling, so I created this thread to get some feedback and to see if I missed a course worth playing! I'll use this thread to toss up some pics when I'm on both courses. I appreciate any and all thoughts! 

• Like 1

My tee time is booked! I'll be tearing this course up at 1215 PM on 6/11. I'm pumped!

• Like 1

The signature 16th hole....soon!!!

Baha_Royal_Blue_Tee_Sixteen-4-web-1024x6

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

The signature 16th hole....soon!!!

Baha_Royal_Blue_Tee_Sixteen-4-web-1024x6

WOW! As if hitting across water isn't mind-screwing enough, some sadistic designer decided that the green also needed to be protected by a bunker too..!??!? Diabolical in its beauty..!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

WOW! As if hitting across water isn't mind-screwing enough, some sadistic designer decided that the green also needed to be protected by a bunker too..!??!? Diabolical in its beauty..!

Yeah we'll see if I'm still smiling by the time I get to that hole 😂

• Like 1

I'm getting real sick of all your pics of paradise

Enjoy!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I'm getting real sick of all your pics of paradise

Enjoy!!

Haha! Don't worry, I'm 'downgrading' to San Diego next year 😉

• Like 2

About five years ago, this of us who won the yearly sales award were scheduled to go to Baha Mar just after it’s official opening. We were STOKED! We had been on a similar trip to Atlantis, so this was going to be fun comparing the two properties.
Well, then the Zika Virus scare hits, and the trip was canceled. We got La Quinta Resort in Cali instead...... Ugh.
I’m jealous of whomever goes to Baha Mar! I’d have loved to have seen that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

IMG_2869.thumb.JPG.081879ea27e2b7239d6367dc243d2a63.JPG

The driving range

IMG_2870.JPG

Practice area near the first tee

IMG_2874.JPG

The ‘gift’ you get at the first tee that’s vodka and juice. Guess they want people tipsy so it numbs the pain they’re about to experience

IMG_2876.JPG

• Like 4

Before I do the photo dump, I’ll say overall this was a solid course and it was one of the better Nicklaus designs I’ve played. There was one weather delay, but it was quick. The humidity was a beast though and I was covered in sweat after one hole. I’m definitely spoiled as I’ve played better courses, but I’m glad I took advantage and played it. Enjoy the pics!

That's some GREEN grass, holllllyyyyy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah that’s definitely one of the good things about the course, but it’s not surprising considering how much damn rain they get out here. What was more impressive was how dry the course was because it was pouring for a couple hours yesterday.