Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Posted (edited)

Albert/ Rhode Island

Odyssey 2 Ball

Right handed 

I would like to test this putter because I am in the market for a new putter, and most importantly I am finally getting back into golfing consistently at least once a week in a league. Since I am getting back into golf, after taking off a multi year break, I think it would be good to get the opinion from a golfer who is essentially a blank slate. Also I will be able to give detailed reviews weekly, at the least, since I will be using in my league play.

Thanks for your consideration 

Edited by ad403412

First Name/State Tom / Connecticut 

Current Putter Odyssey O Works 7s

Right hand or Left hand Right handed

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3  I am always looking to find a new flatstick. Also the style of this putter is very stealthy and clean, which I love about it.

Thanks for the opportunity guys!

Good luck to everyone, I'm very curious about this putter. Nobody sells it in Canada from what I can tell. Might have to pick one up online based on what the testers have to say.

Sean/ Pennsylvania

Ray Cook M1

Right 

I am always on the search for the putter with the most consistent feel. That’s why I went to M1 after using more popular brands. The M1 face is a little strong for me and I don’t have the complete confidence especially on the faster greens. The M1 is also a bit heavier in the head which I think helps me with control. But I think a mallet type putter might be better.

Corbin-Texas

scotty Cameron phantom x 7.5

right handed

I would like to compare it to my current custom fit putter, and really see how it stacks up and if it helps my game. 

RAT, Arizona

Cleveland smart square

I currently play a mallet putter but have yet to find one with the face feel that is consistent.  Hoping the TA will produce the "feel" 

Michael/Texas

Odyssey O-Works 7 Mallet

Right Hand

I'm relatively new to golf, athletic but slight in build and up in age.  Reaching the longer par 3 and par 4 holes is a challenge, so I have to rely on my short game if I'm going to score.  I like the mallet style as it instills confidence in me.  This Tommy Armour putter has the look I like, and I'd like to put it to the test.  

Isaac/Utah

Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet 2

Right

I use a similar putter now but I have always struggled to putt as well as I would like.

I am very interested in improving my putting and I know that the best way to improve my scores is make more putts. I will be golfing more this year than the last few and playing in tournaments. The reviews and price are really intriguing to me. I am in the market to buy a new putter anyway and would really enjoy the testing process. I do some blogging and social media stuff on the side so I think I would be an ideal fit for this.

Dan Delaware

Taylormade tp juno armlock

right hand

always liked the putter everytime I have seen it it has intrigued me, and id love to see if a cheap putter really is the best putter.

Braden / Illinois

2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select

Right Handed

I have always heard good things about Tommy Armour. I currently play a blade but would love the opportunity to try a new and upcoming mallet. The putter catches my eye and I’m hoping it performs the way I think it will. 

Brian/Texas

Taylormade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3

Right hand

It looks very similar to my current putter but is half the price, can it really perform the same way?

Peter, Florida

Cleveland TFi 2135 satin 8.0

Right Hand

I am a big supporter of the idea that golf does not have to be expensive, elitist, or exclusive. I believe that this brand is on my side because they make surprisingly high quality gear for the price at which it is sold. I believe that the more accurate and high quality reviews there are for gear at lower price points, the more people will be introduced to the game and feel confident with the gear that they start out with and use for years to come.

MGS is willing it with the testing opportunities this year! Another great product to review. Good luck to all those who apply.

• Like 2

First Name/State: Sukkeun/MN

Current Putter: Wilson 8802

Right hand or Left hand: Right

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3: Wanted to change the putter and heard so much about TA Impact #3. 

Brian, California

Odyssey versa # 9

Right

After reading the review on MGS I have been curious about the putter and the mallet. I have used only a blade and the versa #9.I know it is not the weapon it is the operator of the weapon but if I can improve my weapon then I should be better!! 

Brian - Illinois

Ping Sigma G Doon 

Right Hand

I switched to a mallet style putter last time I changed to better match my putting stroke.   I have a desire to go back to a standard style mallet putter away from the counter balance design and I am considering this putter along with Ping and Odysey putters.  

Joe / Pennsylvania

Odyssey 2 Ball

Right hand

I'm looking to change putters and limited tests of the TA brand at DSG/Golf Galaxy have been impressive. I'd definitely want to give the TA a twirl.

Jack, New York

Scotty Cameron California Series Del Mar

Right Hand

Ive recently changed my putting stroke around, and am no longer a severe arc putter. My Scotty is very toe-balanced, and it’s making me feel less confident over the ball. I’d love to more heel-toe balanced putter (TA 3) with a different aesthetic so that I can ultimately determine its impact on my putts. 

irst Name/State

Monty/WA

Current Putter

Scotty Cameron Newport

Right hand or Left hand

Right

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3

I want to move back to a mallet from the blade I have been using for years.  I used to putt with the old Ram Zebra back in the day and I believe I will putt better when I do commit to a new mallet.  thanks

Jake/Michigan

Ping Sigma G Kushin (double bend shaft)

right

interested in mgs results, always liked the head shape, liked look in person