Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Eric/ NY

Nike Method Core 001

Right Handed

Always looking to try and get some new clubs in the bag. Went to the range last couple days, playing in an invitational on the 4th, and getting ready to get the new season under way. 

Josh - Wisconsin

Odyssey White Ice #3

Right hand

My White Ice 3 is more center weighted and does not have much forgiveness for off-centered strikes, meaning that I lose distance control when I miss the center of the face.  That has attracted me toward a high-MOI putter, such as this TA.  My highest risk in poor putting is distance control on putts away from the center of the face.

Jeffrey / New York

1981 Ping PAL 34” super strike mid slim grip

Right handed

Interested in this review because my putting stroke indicates that a mallet style putter should suit me well but I have yet to find one that performs as well or better then my current blade. Very excited for this review opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Washougal, Wa

Scotty Golo 5

righty

To be honest, I really want to validate if your test of this $100 putter is real. I cannot bring myself to buy a putter like this no matter what I do.  So a test like this would be great way to change my perceptions.

Dan / Michigan 

Odyssey 2-Ball White Hot Pro

Right Hand 

I want to test it because I love golf equipment! I’ve played so many putters over the years and have a collection of too many. Im very meticulous in how choose putter ranging from the lie, feel, the roll, even into how the putter is ment to be struck. I’m very not brand loyal and would be curious how this matches up against the other leading brands in club making. I would really enjoy the opportunity to test the Tommy Armour Impact 3 and feel I could provide a detailed review. 

Steve/Nevada

Odyssey Metal X-1

Right hand

have used blade putters for 50 years and would like to find a mallet style that works without sky high price point

First Name/State: Alec...CT

Current Putter: Versa 7...TA Impact #3

Right hand or Left hand: R/H

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3: I've been a mallet putter user for years...I've gamed pretty much every make/model and always seem to fall back to some version of the Odyssey Versa #7 line...

Posted (edited)

Jason, New York

odyssey 7s o works black 

Right hand 

I am extremely interested in testing the TA impact #3 as I have found a lot of trouble finding the right putter and am very curious to see how this putter performs. I want to put the skepticism to the test and find out if this putter performs as well as it seems to. 

Edited by jason_saslaw

- Tony, Texas

- Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4

- Right hand

- Want to see how it competes with a putter that was custom fit for me (as well as bang for buck difference)

Posted (edited)

Hayden Lavigne/ Michigan

ping Aswr 1

having only used blade putters, I’ve been interested in trying mallet style putters to see how the feel and weight translates to my putting style. 

Edited by HLAVIGNE

First Name/State: Dave / California

Current Putter: Nike ignite 002

Right hand or Left hand: R/H

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3: I use a Nike Ignite 002.  Want to compare mallet to blade.  Through friends, I have access to 2 different Scottys, Odyssey Mallet, and a few more.  Nothing I have tried in the higher end makes me want to pay 300+ dollars for an upgrade.  Would the TA be a solid investment for a high handicap avid golfer trying to improve? 

Phillip. Pennsylvania. 

Happy Putter V1 mallet 

Right hand

Cause it'll be fun! Plus im skeptical of it.

Andrew/Kansas

Cleveland Smart Square Mallet

Right Hand

I like my Cleveland and its 350 gm weight but my distance control has been pretty poor with (too many) off center strikes.  I have never tried a fang shaped mallet and would like to see if the heel and toe balance away from the center of the face will help me out.  Thanks!

Stephen, Alabama

Machine m10 adjuster

Right handed

My putting seems to have gone cold and I've contemplated trying a mallet to gain some forgiveness. I have actually looked at this particular putter in Dicks Sporting good as well as the Ping sigma 2 Tyne. I really like that headshape.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bart / Florida

Odyssey Dual Force 2 Rossie Mallet 

Right Hand

I am way overdue for a new putter as mine is 20 years old.  Haven't switched because putting is the strongest part of my game (although a little streaky).  Besides playing weekly, I spend time on my local course's putting green at least once a week.  When there, I usually do some do drills, followed by games and track my score.  I would love to do something similar for this test.  

Chris

right handed

Scottie Cameron Newport 2.6

I love putters and would enjoy testing this putter. 

Donald/San Diego, California

Taylormade Ardmore CS

RH

I've tried many putters and thought the Ardmore was a good fit for me because I putted well with it(in the store) but on the course I struggle. I want to try a smaller faced putter that's not center shafted.

Jared/ Massachusetts 

Scotty Cameron Newport

right handed

I have been interested in switching over to a higher MOI putter and was seriously considering the Tommy based on the back to back Top eating here. 

Ben / Arizona

Ping Sigma G Tyne

Right hand 

I would love to see how it compares to the Tyne, as they are similar in shape.  I previously had the Impact #2 and never got good results, so would be excited to see how much better this one is

First Name/State - Davis / NY

Current Putter - TaylorMade ghost spider

Right hand

- I’ve been dying to get ahold of the tommy armor putter since the 2018 test. I’m 25 yrs old, weekend warrior, and extremely budget conscious golfer. Everything I’ve ever owned for golf is a hand-me down from my dad (and is all >10 years old now) so I’ve yet to even buy my own club. I play a mallet style currently and need as much help putting as possible and HATE how my current putter looks. I know that shouldn’t matter but at this point there is nothing keeping me from upgrading. I would love to help show that it doesn’t always have to be flashy and high cost. Us cheaper guys need a good option too. I’m all in on this putter showing up everyone else.