Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Jason/Pennsylvania

Evnroll ER2

Right hand- 35"

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3:

I've been struggling with keeping the face square at impact and have been considering switching to a mallet putter.  I use a Swingbyte 2 occasionally to check my stroke and the stroke is generally good with exception of face angle inconsistencies. The TA impact 3 is still somewhat compact so its not such a huge departure from my current putter. Also, i think it would be fun to see if i can perform better with a club that is roughly 1/3 the price of my current gamer.

I keep statistics on putts/round on my home course so we can have real world data to go along with whatever the swingbyte tells us. obviously not as accurate as what MGS does but it is at least something.

Finally, its fun to play with new toys!

Andrew/Utah

Ping Milled Anser 1

Right hand

I have been curious about switching to a mallet putter for a few years now, and where the Tommy Armour Impact #3 might not have been my first pick it seems like the perfect putter to give it a go with. While it will be difficult to replace my Pings spot in my bag if the Tommy Armour can save me a few strokes a round I am sure it will be an easy decision. 

Jake, Utah

Taylormade spyder, and Ping Redwood Answer

Right hand

Currently in the market for a new putter, been practicing a lot lately and seeing improvements.  At this point it is hard to tell if the recent switch to the spyder has produced improvements due to the club, or extra practice lately.  Now curious to see how other mallets feel in comparison.

Steve Maryland

scotty Cameron Newport notch back

right handed

tried a Tommy in the store a while backhand I was more consistently around the hole than with any other putter.  Love to try it on the real deal

Peter O

San Jose CA,

left hand

Taylor Made 79 blade

I'm looking for something that can help me around the greens with a new outlook. I've never had another putter so it would be something new and most of all, I would know if I should choose a mallet overall. I've been burning the edges and I need a new look. You can count that I will give an honest opinion from a person who loves his blade. 

Rick from Florida

Current putter is a Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4 Matte finish chrome

Right handed

I have assembled and built/modified putters for over 20 years. I would like to see if the TA Impact #3 is close in feel and performance to higher priced brands. I also think the black finish may help keep the glare down.

David/Iowa

ping ketsch original rh 34"

would like to see if it performs as good or better than what i have

Daemon - Nebraska

Scotty Cameron Futura Mallet

Right hand 

Try to help with distance control. Probably me and not the putter

Jeff / Florida

Odyssey Red 2 Ball

Right hand

I've been struggling with my putting. I've tried many different style putters but each time I pick up the TA Impact it just feels good. Then after reading MGS reviews the past 2 years, I need to put this putter in the bag...

David/Washington (State)

Taylormade Red Spider Mallet

Left Hand

My putting stats have gotten worse over the years from avg. 31 to now 33 putts per round. I'm hoping to test a new putter (esp. the #1 rated putter) and see how the data stacks up against what I'm currently using.

Andrew scull- Louisiana 

TaylorMade spider platinum

right

i was just reading the most wanted mallet putter article and contemplating a switch to this exact putter, but I was a little skeptical about the results. Not due to lack of research, but it just seems like it couldn’t be true.

Steve/Maryland 

Odyssey #4

right hand

I am interested in testing for myself  the 100.00 putter

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

On the heels of  winning the 2018 and 2019 Most Wanted Mallet Putter, Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 is still trying to get a seat at the big boy table. It may not have the same street cred as an Odyssey, EVNROLL, Scotty or a PING, but gloryosky  Captain Albatross, it performed for MyGolfSpy's most wanted testers. 

Will it perform for you? That's something we'd like to find out.

4

Testers Wanted

Tommy Armour's comeback is as surprising as its performance. The Dick's house brand is bringing it at a price golfers should appreciate, but top-shelf performance at a discount price often just does not compute.

That's why we want your help. We're looking for FIVE avid golfers to test, review and keep a Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet and let the golfing world know if the No. 3 really deserves to be No. 1.

As per the OEMs guidelines, this review opportunity is open to any avid and detail-oriented golfer who plies his trade in the USA. 

How to Enter: Please follow the below instructions...But DO NOT Quote this Post in your entry.  Doing so may result in automatically disqualification.

Provide us the following Info:

First Name/State

Current Putter

Right hand or Left hand

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3

We'll be announcing the testers sometime next week, so be sure to check back and see if you were selected.

Michael/VA

Evnroll ER2, Bettinardi BB55

Right hand

To evaluate the weight balance/MOI/feel  compared to big boys   

Strong supporter of small but great equipment manufacturers (like Kirkland  and Snell golf balls) 

Edited by Michael Lee

John/Illinois

Wilson Blade

Right hand 

Thinking about a mallet with grooves to "bite" the ball. And wanting to know why all the reviews are so good! Looks exciting!

Have fun with this one boys!

This is another great testing opportunity from MyGolfSpy. I've had the opportunity to play with this putter during a couple of visits to DSG and it feels and performs great! Good luck to everyone applying! It's going to be interesting to see how a $99 putter stacks up against the competition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Steve / Massachusetts 

Scotty Cameron GoLo5

right handed

Have putted with an older Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and GoLo 5 over the past several years. Interested in trying the new technology and cost conscience option from Tommy Armour. The No. 3 looks good to my eye. Big fan of the work at mygolfspy, happy to support the cause  

Matthew/New York

Taylormade Spider Tour Red, double bend

Right hand

I'm a 1 handicap, and have a stable of putters because I'm a bit of a tinkerer.  I traditionally stick to face balanced mallets or something with high MOI and very slight toe hang.  I'm interested to see if the TA impact can match up to the similarly styled Tyne from Ping, and am always interested to see if a club at a lower price point can perform as well/exceed the offferings of the premium brands.  If it makes putts, I'm all for it.  I practice and test equipment almost daily, so I feel I would be a good candidate to perform a thorough review with detailed feedback (engineering background might help there).  Hope to get this in hand one way or another!

John-James / WA

Seemore PTM2 

RH

I am interested in the putter because I would like to see how a house brand putter has been able to be so successful in the most wanted tests at a lower cost. 

Ike

NC

Cleveland Huntington Beach 11

Right Handed

I have wanted to try out a black putter for quite a while, and I have heard nothing but good things out of the new Tommy Armour Impact line, so I would love to test it.