Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Dylan/Arkansas

Bettinardi BC6

Right Handed

As someone who loves the style of fang looking putters, I can never find one that I enjoy using. I’ve read amazing things about Tommy Armour putters since the rebrand, just don’t have a Dicks Sporting Goods in my area to get my hands on one to try or even see before buying. Been very interested in the revamping of the Tommy Armour brand and reading the reviews of back to back champ in the mallet category has me very interested in this putter. Love the simpler look they seem to have gone with and would love to see how it performs for someone like me! Desperate to find a good mallet style I could drain more putts with and hoping I can give this a try and report back after testing! 

Butch/North Carolina
Cleveland Huntington Beach #6 or Odyssey Sabertooth.
Right Hand
I have used mallet style putters for years and like the looks of this model.I also want to know if this putter is as good quality wise ,as some of the "name brand",more expensive putters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dan/OH

Evenroll ER5

Left hand

I rolled one at a Dick's and liked how it felt, and I'm fan of the shape. If something makes more putts, I'm ok with whatever name is on it.

Albrecht/California

Taylormade Ardmore #3

Right Hand

I read the article back in 2018 and ended up going to Dicks to try it out. The feel was amazing. Great weight and worked perfectly for my tempo and slight arc but just couldn’t pull the trigger because my ego couldn’t play a Tommy Armour putter. I ended up getting the Ping Simga G Tyne Slight Arc, which was legit and a great fit too. About 2 weeks ago, my golf bag got stolen out of my car and I’ve been piecing my set slowly back together. Currently playing the Ardmore #3 which I love the distance control but mishits leave the face open pushed. The slight toe hang by 12 degrees is something I’m taming. To make matters worse, my older brother got the Tommy Armour Impact #3 after I told him and putting lights out. Anything inside 5 feet for him is getting drained! Really wishing I had the Impact 3 in my bag!

Doug / NJ

Walter Hagen MS-2 mallet(Also a Dick's brand!)

Right handed

I like mallet putters, and it's nice to see TA breaking through. I'd love to see if it would help my game.

Chris North Dakooootah

TaylorMade Mullen 2

Right hand

I used a mallet putter for many years 10+ years ago. I've been looking to get back into this style putter. Recently been exploring the Tailormade TP series. Very curious how this stacks up with them. I enjoy working on the putting green to hone my skill. Well that, and it usually the part that needs the most work!

Arsen / New Jersey

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12

Right hand

I am very opinionated, love to asses, and review a product and give my unbiased opinion on it. I always gravitated toward blade style putters, but just recently switched to a mallet type, and I thought a lot about the similar shaped mallet to this particular model, being the Tommy Armour TA Impact #3. The only reason I chose Titleist  is because I mainly have used their clubs throughout the years. I love the way the TA Impact #3 looks, love the look of the insert and all together the shape of it, the shaft directly attached to the putter head, and the black color of the putter. I strongly believe most golfers hesitate to go the mallet putter route because they are consumed with the traditional blade style putter. In my opinion with personal testing of other mallets aside from my own putter, it clearly is evident that the putter type packs a much firmer forgiving punch on the impact of the ball, and most importantly the alignment is one of the main primary pros for me in choosing a mallet. This particular style of the TA Putter is very desirable, easy on the eyes and just looks sleek and a style that most would gravitate to. I would love to give it a try on the practice greens at my club, and give it an all around testing and analysis of my unbiased thoughts. If needed I am also able to film the putting experience. 

Thank you you for the consideration,

- Arsen  

Ken - Manitoba

Taylormade Ghost Raylor

Right hand

I have always liked the look of this style of putter but have never given it a chance for how big they look.  I would love the chance to test thanks!!

I practice putting every day , play over 200 rounds a year and if this putter is great I can vouch for it unlike many , I'm retired but love playing , as we get older putting tends to come and go so if stability is good it could be a game changer for everyone 

Anthony/Charlotte, NC

Cleveland Huntington Beach 2

Right handed

My stroke lends itself to a mallet style putter but I’ve found that my current putter doesn’t line up visually for me. I’m looking for a similar style to mallet with a different/out of box look.

Alex

Monterey, Ca

right hand 

Taylormade Ghost Monte Carlo

Recently put in a putting green in my backyard so I can practice putting drills and thoroughly test different putters to actually determine which putter works best for me.  Would love to include the TA Impact #3 as part of my evaluation

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Ryan Kelly / New Jersey

Taylormade White Smoke

Right Handed

I’d like to test the Tommy Armour because I am currently in the market for a new putter. While I have always been a blade putter player I am open to new styles and would like to see how a mallet would perform for me. 

First Name/State - Blake/Texas

Current Putter - Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 , Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Right hand or Left hand - Right

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3 - I tested the Impact No. 3 for a few minutes at Dicks and was impressed. Wife did not agree that it was a good idea to purchase at the time. I think my putting could benefit from a mallet style putter. I value the data that MyGolfSpy puts out. I would gladly replace my Scotty Camerons with the Impact No. 3 if it would help me hole more putts. Would love for my friends to have a chance to try out the putter as well.

Mark Hollingsworth/ South Carolina

Current: Odyssey 2 Ball Tank at 37.5"

Right handed

Am an equipment junkie, will try anything and am not bound to "name brand" equipment...in fact I've found most of my gamer bag is filled with mostly unpopular, but highly effective, gear. Have a preference for mallet style putters with a slight toe hang.

Tom- Kansas

RIFE 450 Silencer

Right hand

Why do I want to test the TA Impact #3? 

I have been looking at this type of putter for some time now, reading reviews on Odyssey #7, Ping Tyne and Tyne H. My current putter is a blade style and I don't see too many mallet putters that fit my eye but I do like these styles I think they are easy to aim. I have messed around with them from time to time and this summer I may buy one.

Rod - Indiana

Custom Slighter

Lefty

Almost bought this putter last year, would love to take it for a test spin. I have always been intrigued by this particular putter design. Have looked at buying an Odyssey, a Ping, and a Yes that are all that same design.

Bill / NC

Evnroll ER7

Right hand

I like mallets and I like the look of this putter.  I had a tommy armour putter as a kid and hs player, not sure where that got to but I am in the market for a putter that feels like I can line up better and more consistently.  This putter looks like it might be the ticket.

Terry/Missouri

White hot 2 ball blade putter

I've tried the putter numerous times in Golf Galaxy and can't decide on the CB or the non CB. Both feel good and just haven't pulled the trigger yet

Thomas/Maryland
Odyssey Works #7
Right
Seems to have the same head design as my current gamer so could be a smooth transition while going toe-2-toe with one of the big names.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

First Name/State

Mike Florida

Current Putter

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Blade (2018)

Right hand or Left hand

Right

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3

i just want to try and test the best of the best. I could careless about the brand. The science and truth is what I am LwYs after.