Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Our Sponsors

Benjie/Georgia

ODYSSEY DUAL FORCE ROSSIE BLADE PUTTER

Right hand

I'm interested in testing the TA Impact #3 because I've been on a quest to find the perfect putter for me for the last 5 years. I want to walk onto the course knowing that once I get on a the green, I can drain just about anything and from distance I can lag putt for an easy 2 putt. After using 4 different putters over the last 5 years, I want to be able to prove that the data in the test actually works on the course for an amateur golfer. If it checks out, then I'll have one of the best putters out there. I've putted crosshanded my entire life, and I know what I like and don't like in a putter. I have a very repeatable stroke, and I'll make sure to provide solid proof showing how this putter performs for an amateur on the course.

Forest/Tennessee

Scotty Cameron Mid Slant

Right Hand

I've always used a blade putter, but this putter intrigues me. I have rolled this putter a few times in GG/Dicks and it always has a nice feel. I like the price point and trust the reviews from MGS but I would like the opportunity to personally field test the putter myself.

Mark / TX

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line

Right handed

I would love the opportunity to review this putter on MGS.  I only apply to be a tester for clubs and offers I truly want to be a part of and feel that I can offer information to contribute.  I believe that putting is one of my strong suits.  I average about 38 putts per round.  With a 22 handicap, I feel that it is other areas that cost most of my strokes.  I don’t 3 putt very much.  

I believe I can give an unbiased review of this club from a high handicapper perspective,  that hopefully any golfer could find useful.

I’ve got one, and I keep it in my car at all times. If my er3 starts acting up, I KNOW Tommy is always nearby, and he is always as steady as it gets...

I think we’ll have some surprised testers pretty soon

Jeremy/New York(Upstate)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne

Right Hand

My current putter is very similar, but cost much more. I put pretty good with my current putter, but I would love to see how the TA Impact #3 performs for me and if it can bring my putting game to the next level. I believe in the TA product, as I recently switched to the TA Atomic driver from the Callaway Rogue Sub Zero and I love it! Longer and straighter drives from the very first swing!

Brian

Minnesota

right handed Odyssey BackStryke Blade with 1.3 Super Stroke Grip. 

I am very interested in testing the TA #3 and can’t wait to hear it. Thats right - hear it. I love the sound of a putt off a soft face. Dunk... just like that softly. 

image.jpg

First Name/State - Jason/Illinois

Current Putter - Odyssey O-Works - 2 Ball Fang  

Right hand or Left hand - Right Hand

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3 - Very new to the game of golf so I have been search around and testing out many putters at my local PGA store. The results from MGS have been so impressive that I would like to see what this putter is all about.

Thanks!

Tom/Missouri

White Hot Pro #9  and Works Versa #7

Right

I am interested for several reasons. First and foremost, I love putters. I have quite a few but I am currently looking for a new gamer. My #9 is what lives in my bag most of the time but we have a love/hate relationship and this year has been a little light on the love. I have come to the conclusion that my stroke has evolved (or devolved depending on who you ask) and I now would benefit from a mallet. 

I also love the idea that there are companies such as Snell, Tour Edge,  Ben Hogan, etc that are putting out high quality products at reasonable prices. I can play a lot of golf with the relative savings of $150 compared to other OEM brands. 

I also think it is cool that the Tommy Armour brand is back out there. I am not sure that I am in love with it being billed as Dick's house brand, but it is nice to see it none the less.

Thanks for the opportunity and I really appreciate what you guys do

My 7yo is a bit of a putter junkie too. She cerrtainly comes by it naturally. (Please ignore my workshop basement. We are in the process of a remodel.)

Here is a video of her rolling her rock last winter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__5XX6emgJwWnNlV0pNdkFJUFFyQ0N1U0lkUk44czRyS1lN/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Tom Hale
Trying to turn on notifications
  • Like 1

Kyle/IL

Ping CRAZ-E

Right handed

Have been looking at getting a new mallet putter however haven't found one I like more than my old Ping craz-e.

Steve / Alabama

Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line S

Right hand

Just purchased an Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line S last week and would like to compare it against the TA impact No. 3. Perfect opportunity to objectively compare to highly-rated mallet putters.

Michael from Michigan

Current putter is a Wilson Lakeshore

Right handed

Really wanting to try a mallet putter for that might give me more forgiveness, as well as less arc in my stroke. The #1 mallet would be a great place to start!

First Name/State: Tim /CA

Current Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne

Right hand or Left hand: Right Handed

Why are you interested in testing the TA Impact #3: I have been tempted to buy one of these ever since the results have been made public in regards to the testing done here on MSG. It fits the look I like and would love to see how I would do with it. I would be fair in my testing and unbiased. However I will give my honest feedback and not hold back any punches if I find something that I don't care for. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to apply.

Travis/Wyoming

Scotty Cameron  Squareback

Right handed

Want to test the hype,,,,,,

Adam/Iowa

Cleveland Classic #3

Right hand

I have been deciding whether to buy the Cleveland Huntington Beach putter that looks similar to this to see if I putter better with a mallet or the mid mallet that I have been using for the past couple of years.  

JS/Virginia

Ping Anser 2

Right Hand

Look, I'll be honest, I've been a long time lurker on the site so I don't have the quality content or participation of many other posters in the forums. However, you guys have become my trusted source of solid, non-biased golf information. In fact, just yesterday I went and bought a pair of the Sketchers Elite V.3 golf shoes because of your high praise about them - and the fact that they do feel simply amazing on the feet. In the process of purchasing my shoes and remembering the reviews about the TM Impact No. 3, I thought I'd give it a few practice putts at Dick's. I've never been a fan of mallet style putters; blade all the way! Truth be told, I thought mallets were clunky looking, gimmicky, and all hype - I was wrong. After a few swings I almost bought one right then and there, but the putters they had in stock looked like they had been ridden hard and put away wet...Then low and behold, I see the post asking for testers! I thought it very serendipitous and wanted to put my hat in the ring in hopes of being selected to give this putter a thorough review. Plus I've been told I'm not a douchebag...which helps. 

Congrats, guys!!!

Good group here gents. A lot of upcoming putter tests besides the Armlock Betty going on. A little something for everyone!

Congratulations fellas, look forward to this one as I have a good interest in seeing how this performs.