TESTERS WANTED! ×

Senior walkers & Push carts

ole gray

I’m seriously thinking about doing some walking instead of always riding in a cart this year. What is an easy to push cart that won’t break the budget? You young whipper snappers please feel free to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I’m seriously thinking about doing some walking instead of always riding in a cart this year. What is an easy to push cart that won’t break the budget? You young whipper snappers please feel free to chime in.

With all your money from investments, you shouldn't be worried about a budget!!  lol

First, you have to decide 3-wheel or 4-wheel.  I think it's a matter of personal preference, but for me the deciding factor was how small it folds.  Some say the 3-wheelers are more stable, but I haven't had any issues with my Sun Mountain Microcart.  I've had it for 8-9 years and have had no problems with it.  It could  be better, but it works and folds up small enough to get two of them and two golf bags in my trunk.  Maybe the 3-wheelers fold up smaller these days, but they didn't back then.  I also picked it because I had a Sun Mountain cart bag that fit the cart; no straps needed.

I also like the Bag Boy Quad XL, but I might splurge for the Big Max Blade Quattro if I ever need to replace it.

Here's last years MGS test:

https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-of-2018/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you're looking for one that won't break a budget and have a Costco membership, then this CaddyTek that I bought is pretty good so far.

https://www.costco.com/CaddyTek-3-wheel-Golf-Cart-with-Swivel-Front-Wheel.product.100430232.html

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'll second MattF on the Caddytek. he has the 3 wheel and I have the four wheel. Given the choice again I'd pick the three wheel.  We have really high rough and a bit hilly terrain  and a three wheel just requires less effort. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks guys.   I would definitely need one that holds water bottles etc.

Cleveland

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll second MattF on the Caddytek. he has the 3 wheel and I have the four wheel. Given the choice again I'd pick the three wheel.  We have really high rough and a bit hilly terrain  and a three wheel just requires less effort. 

How is the three wheeler when folded up size wise?

Cleveland

6 minutes ago, ole gray said:

OG both the 4 and 3 wheel fold up very easily and into a compact space. Edingc posted a great and unofficial review of the 3 wheel.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

38 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Thanks guys.   I would definitely need one that holds water bottles etc.

My caddytek came with both a bottle holder and an umbrella holder.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I have a friend that has one of those golf boards.  Cruises around like a skateboard.  Not exactly walking, tho 🙂  I have older Sun Mountain carts, but I haven't walked for a couple of years now.  Maybe after this knee heals stronger, I might give it another go.  Problem I have is that all my playing partners have carts.  Hate being the only guy walking!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 5/4/2019 at 8:17 AM, ole gray said:

16.5”x20.5”x29.3” It's not the most compact but it's not a monster either. I believe all the CaddyTek's come with an umbrella and drink holder. Mine also has an attached cooler pocket like most bags.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Push Cart Mafia.

Lots of great carts.  As for me, I went with the ClicGear 3.5 several years ago and have not looked back.  It's not cheap up front, but the damn thing is indestructible.  It's about time for replacement straps, but otherwise, it's good as new.  I don't think I can kill it.

My high school daughter also used it for the last three seasons on her team and in tournaments.  When we'd play together, I'd be relegated to my old BagBoy.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Rock Bottom has the Sun Mountain Reflex on sale for $99 right now.  Just ordered two yesterday, one for me and one for my daughter.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Not sure if anyone else has said this or not, but check out a refurbished model of the clicgear 3.5+ on clicgear's website. You will have to call to see if they have any in stock but it is basically the same as buying new but much cheaper. The clicgear is the best for sure. They will last forever so you won't have to worry about replacing it. Heard stories of people buying a cheaper cart and it only lasting a year or two before having to buying another one. Spend the extra money for the better product if you can, it is worth it in the long run. 

Driver: Callaway Rouge SZ 9* - Hzrdus Yellow 75 (6.0) - 44.5" 

3 Wood: Ping i15 15.5* - Ping TFC700 (stiff) - Standard length

4 Hybrid: Nickent 7DX 22* - Aldila R.I.P. (stiff) - Standard Length

Irons: Callaway Rouge Pro (CF18) 5 through AW - True Temper XP 105 - .5" short/ 2* up

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54* & 58* - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 - 2* up

Putter: Odyssey #10 Triple Track

Ball: Bridgestone TourB X

Righty 

Blythewood, SC

12.0 Index

I found that my 3 wheeled push cart, my clubs were harder to get out of the bag. Plus it only folded in 1/2. My Quad XL folds into three for better storage. Plus I find it better on the course

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Just a thought - and it could depend on how easy it is for  you to get up and down - I'd consider carts with seat attachments available in case play is slow and you need a rest. I'm only 32 and this is something I'll be purchasing soon for my Clicgear 3.5.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I picked up a used Sun Mountain 3-wheel cart and really like it.  It folds up nicely and is solidly built.  Be advised that if your area has thorny devils, like the ones I run into in AZ, stay away from carts with pneumatic tires. I suffered two flats this past winter season and a cart with a flat is a RPITA to push. 

1734569863_goatheadsticker.jpg.79eba202361cac4a2a39448179541f72.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 month later...

Bigger wheels = easier to push.  I have a Sun mountain 3 wheel and a Sun Mountain 4 wheel. The 3 is easier to push even though its about 8lbs heavier (is an older steel tubed model). One time at a course in Denver decided to play par 3 course after doing 18 in a riding cart. So rented a pull cart and it had 27in bicycle wheels. It pulled like a feather despite being a really heavy duty rental at public course. I was amazed at how easily it pulled. Nothing like that currently on the market, but it reallly drove home the point that larger wheels roll easier.  

My three wheeler pulls better if you hitch a lift in a riding cart (i.e. storm coming). Tried that twice with the 4 wheeler and it tipped over both times. Never have tipped the 3 wheeler.  

clicgear 3.5+ is fine, however it's a bit of a faff putting up and down and it's also larger than other push carts width wise at the wheel base. The amount of times I cant get thru a small area or past some bushes on a path without snagging the wheels got so annoying I bought a cheap one from a retail store and it's turned out to be the best, lightest, easiest to fold push cart I've ever had......and a quarter of the price of a clicgear.

Sometimes buying cheap doesnt always mean buying twice

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 10 months later...

Ordered one of these puppies today so I can keep the lard off the arse.  Also doesn't hurt to keep folks from spitting tobacco and such on ya. 😉

SM19-19303-37-BIG-SKY-BLU-WHT-2.jpg

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

I recently was lucky enough to snatch up a CaddyTek 3 wheel swivel. I cannot recommend this push cart enough. I had a couple comments on this based on trying out my friend's clicgear last year. But this could be compared to any more compact push cart. I'm not sure what model he had, but it was definitely a model that was at least 5 years old, so not truly a fair comparison.

The CaddyTek I got is much studier as the frame is much thicker. It's not very compact when folded up. It definitely takes up a fair amount of space compared to the older clicgear I had borrowed. While larger, it still comfortably fit in my trunk with my golf bag. But I wouldn't be able to fit much more in my trunk besides those two things when traveling. So you do sacrifice a bit of space for the sturdier frame. 

Besides the studier frame, the swivel front wheel made it significantly easier to maneuver around the course. This would probably be something to consider as an added benefit when looking/comparing to other push carts. The swivel wheel is not always necessary, but definitely helped turning quickly using less effort. The accessories included added good value since it included the cup holder, umbrella attachment, and bag/cooler. 

All in all, while bulkier I was happy that it felt much sturdier to hopefully last me a while, easy to maneuver/push, and all the accessories/attachments needed. Cannot recommend this push cart enough if you are able to get your hands on one. 

Edited by inix711

Driver: Ping G 10.5*

Wood: Taylormade M2 3HL 16.5*

Hybrid: Taylormade M4 3 Rescue 19*

Irons: Taylormade RSI 1

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50/54/58

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour 34"

Ball: Callaway Hex Soft Tour

Do you find the larger profile, hard wheels easier to push than the pneumatic ones?  Still thinking about the Sun Mountain wheel conversion, but at the cost to do so, also thinking about a different cart.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Do you find the larger profile, hard wheels easier to push than the pneumatic ones?  Still thinking about the Sun Mountain wheel conversion, but at the cost to do so, also thinking about a different cart.

When doing a "push test" comparing my old cart with pneumatic tires to my new Caddytek 3 with the foam tires, the pneumatics definitely have lower rolling resistance. I actually wish the new carts would have a pneumatic tire option. While a bit more effort to keep aired up, they do roll better. But I understand that a lot of folks don't like dealing with inflating tires. For me, it's trivial as I have a compressor always ready to go.

I'm also a fan of the Caddytek V3 cart - I have the non-swivel wheel version, however. Well designed, and I find it operationally easier than the Clicgear that I used for a while.

I bought a caddytek 4 wheel version about 4 years ago. No issues. Very easy to push, very stable, good storage and folds up easily to fit in the truck. I bought red wheeled version but now catch crap each round because the wheels are now pink.

I walk every round until the temp is 100. Wife mase me pro.ise to ride when its hotter than that

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 year later...

People have different choices, and this is why there are various types of walkers for seniors. Most use Drive Medical RTL10266BL-HS Nitro DLX Rollator Walker and this is superb if we talk about walkers for seniors. 

https://www.seniorsjournal.org/best-walkers-for-seniors/

This guide might seniors find helpful when choosing a walker. Thanks

Edited by Michel B

• 2 weeks later...

Rovic- steerable front wheel and made by Clicgear. tough cart and slightly cheaper than clicgear branded carts. I have an Alphard motor on mine now which works great.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

• 2 months later...

I also got the CaddyLite EZ out for two rounds from this page and have to say that my early impressions are very good. Might have a little to do with the fact I started with 2 birdies in the first 3 holes on Saturday on my way to matching a season-best 82, but that's neither here nor there... Very easy to push, very stable. The basket in the handle section is perfect for a range finder; clip close storage spot is great for anything you need easy access to and don't want out in the open (wallet, etc.). Haven't really tested the cooler pocket yet, but seems to just be lightly insulated - certainly not a deal breaker, though. Only thing that's a little drawback is the foot break rather than the hand break, but, at least for me, that difference is certainly worth the price difference between this and the Clicgear 3.5.

Golf is like a love affair!

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 9:07 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I picked up a used Sun Mountain 3-wheel cart and really like it.  It folds up nicely and is solidly built.  Be advised that if your area has thorny devils, like the ones I run into in AZ, stay away from carts with pneumatic tires. I suffered two flats this past winter season and a cart with a flat is a RPITA to push. 

1734569863_goatheadsticker.jpg.79eba202361cac4a2a39448179541f72.jpg

Goatheads we call them in NM. Nasty. I picked up a Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1 at a yard sale and replaced the pneumatic tires with their hard kit. It changes the brake from a bicycle clamp to a positive pin lock. Rolls great on the wider wheels with no need to carry the bike pump! Folds very nicely.