Senior walkers & Push carts

Our Sponsors

Ordered one of these puppies today so I can keep the lard off the arse.  Also doesn't hurt to keep folks from spitting tobacco and such on ya. 😉

SM19-19303-37-BIG-SKY-BLU-WHT-2.jpg

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, ole gray said:

Ordered one of these puppies today so I can keep the lard off the arse.  Also doesn't hurt to keep folks from spitting tobacco and such on ya. 😉

SM19-19303-37-BIG-SKY-BLU-WHT-2.jpg

The Sun Mountain was my second choice that I took days over considering the pros and cons between it and the Clicgear 3.5+ which is kind of funny since I already had a Sun Mountain C130 bag.  Welcome to push cart golf where there really is nothing like arriving and golfing with your own gear, and that takes the mind off what is on hand for golfing, so the game is the thing.

• Like 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

I recently was lucky enough to snatch up a CaddyTek 3 wheel swivel. I cannot recommend this push cart enough. I had a couple comments on this based on trying out my friend's clicgear last year. But this could be compared to any more compact push cart. I'm not sure what model he had, but it was definitely a model that was at least 5 years old, so not truly a fair comparison.

The CaddyTek I got is much studier as the frame is much thicker. It's not very compact when folded up. It definitely takes up a fair amount of space compared to the older clicgear I had borrowed. While larger, it still comfortably fit in my trunk with my golf bag. But I wouldn't be able to fit much more in my trunk besides those two things when traveling. So you do sacrifice a bit of space for the sturdier frame. 

Besides the studier frame, the swivel front wheel made it significantly easier to maneuver around the course. This would probably be something to consider as an added benefit when looking/comparing to other push carts. The swivel wheel is not always necessary, but definitely helped turning quickly using less effort. The accessories included added good value since it included the cup holder, umbrella attachment, and bag/cooler. 

All in all, while bulkier I was happy that it felt much sturdier to hopefully last me a while, easy to maneuver/push, and all the accessories/attachments needed. Cannot recommend this push cart enough if you are able to get your hands on one. 

Edited by inix711
  • Like 1

Driver: Ping G 10.5*

Wood: Taylormade M2 3HL 16.5*

Hybrid: Taylormade M4 3 Rescue 19*

Irons: Taylormade RSI 1

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50/54/58

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour 34"

Ball: Callaway Hex Soft Tour

Do you find the larger profile, hard wheels easier to push than the pneumatic ones?  Still thinking about the Sun Mountain wheel conversion, but at the cost to do so, also thinking about a different cart.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Do you find the larger profile, hard wheels easier to push than the pneumatic ones?  Still thinking about the Sun Mountain wheel conversion, but at the cost to do so, also thinking about a different cart.

When doing a "push test" comparing my old cart with pneumatic tires to my new Caddytek 3 with the foam tires, the pneumatics definitely have lower rolling resistance. I actually wish the new carts would have a pneumatic tire option. While a bit more effort to keep aired up, they do roll better. But I understand that a lot of folks don't like dealing with inflating tires. For me, it's trivial as I have a compressor always ready to go.

I'm also a fan of the Caddytek V3 cart - I have the non-swivel wheel version, however. Well designed, and I find it operationally easier than the Clicgear that I used for a while.

I bought a caddytek 4 wheel version about 4 years ago. No issues. Very easy to push, very stable, good storage and folds up easily to fit in the truck. I bought red wheeled version but now catch crap each round because the wheels are now pink.

I walk every round until the temp is 100. Wife mase me pro.ise to ride when its hotter than that

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app