3 years in and still cant swing!

Having not read what everyone's said, I would say half hour lessons are fine. You don't want too many thoughts streaming in at once. That said, sure you can go to a range or local track for a half hour lesson but what you end up with, in my opinion are "golf tips". You don't get the full benefit of working with that pro over a period of time. 

I would say get evaluated by someone first, in a studio and come up with a plan - long or short term. Strength and injury prevention as well. There's a lot of technology out there, you might as well take advantage of it if you can. It should get you to where you know what to practice on rather than just beating balls, waisting your time. And depending on how much work you put into it, I would say you'll see a huge difference in less than a year.  

....all my opinion from experience. 

Edit: Okay went back and read some comments. Pretty much saying what I have. 

Good luck OP, sounds like you got this. 

Edited by nofives

Titliest TSi 3

Sub 70 3 Tour

Titliest Ap2

Cameron Newport 2 @ 2008 model. 

After college started playing golf, took lessons from a recommended local pro who came out in pink Lacoste outfit. In between insults and smiles to member 40-something females he set-up my swing.  I bought better golf clubs, started playing in summer after work league.  Then nothing in quality of golf except started practicing putting.  A year later on driving range noticed golfer next to me - not sweating at all, me dripping.  Started to emulate his swing, tempo with what I learned from lesson.  With Zen visualization putting.  Now 24 -30 months into golf and broke 90,  a week later then broke 80.

All Fitted-- Driver - 2017 Callaway Epic Subzero 10.5d (same as Kevin Na), 3 Wood -2017 Epic Subzero 15d, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 4 52-56-60, Odyssey Toulon Chicago