TESTERS WANTED! ×

Low hdcp’ers are punished

Sluggo42

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

I just had an email exchange today with a “buddy” that wanted me to play his member guest. He asked what my odds were of getting my handicap up to a solid 6 or 7 so we can compete. I said not a shot if I want to play golf at my club and politely declined his invitation as I suddenly had other things to do that week. I show up at my club and say I am getting six pops when I get to the first tee and I will be banned from any club event for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos to you!!! 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

21 hours ago, Alf. S said:

A bit of controversy. I've been that guy in the past that you beat a player and they say to me you don't play of 14 and grumble all the way back to the clubhouse and it takes the shine of what could have been a great round. Matchplay is so much a mental game, you can have a bad hole and it is totally reset on the next tee, I get more aggressive on my putts.

Anyway I'm off tonight to play 1st round tie against a 2 handicapper giving me 5 strokes, wish me luck.

Well I got pumped by the low handicapper 5 and 3. 4 down after 5 and never really recovered. After the 1st 5 holes it was to avoid the dog license (7 and 6 for our US cousins). On my stroke holes lost 3 out of 4 and halved the other!!!

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Never play a scramble for serious money, especially with people I don't know. Too many times do I see -18 or better for the winner. Got too much integrity for that nonsense.

IMHO any net tournament that isn't flighted is garbage too. You want to sandbag and win the C flight fine, but if you want to jam with the big boys you gotta make it real.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

The league I played in for many years had a quota system which undoubtedly favored the high handicappers.  To keep the better players happy they also included skins in the weekly bets.  It's been a pretty peaceful agreement going on many years now.

Sean K.

Driver: :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha, 10.5o, -1"
Wood: :srixon-small: Z-F85, 3W, 15o
Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1, 19o
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2.0 55o, 60o
Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Tour Impact No. 3
Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star

2017 Vice Pro Forum Review
2019 Tommy Armour Tour Impact No.3 Forum Review

So...
why do I start very story with “so...”? 
So anyways, me and my buddy team up to play in the monthly club tourney. He’s a 4, and I’m a 5. We both shoot a 76 and were like 15 strokes away from the winners. They’re hi cappers, who seem to have a good round every time money’s on the line.
so what’s the point of even playing in these events? The low cappers never win crap.there is no room for any bad shots period. You can shoot scratch on a tough track and still lose by 10.
there needs to be a different process. I know it’s supposed to be “fair”, but it’s not fair for the low cappers. We never win. Even when we shoot well, it’s never even close.

We have a fundraiser that is the exact same. My group puts our honest handicap down, and guys who are retired and play every other day say they are 30 handicaps. We have no chance.

One year we shot -18 on our own ball, straight up. We didn’t even make the top 5.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

For member-guests, the Member is responsible for the legitimacy of the guests handicap. If the guest is banned, the Member should also be banned. 

One thing we always say is “you can’t beat strokes”. If you are giving strokes you will have a hard time winning. It’s simple really. REV explained exactly the issue earlier. If the same guy is always winning the net games, then he is always cheating. If it’s different guys all the time, that’s golf. Anyone can have a good day at any point no matter the Hcp. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

You guys summed that up pretty well, we've had the same thing (obviously) at my favorite tournament for our course.  It's called The British (we are a links course), held in Oct so it's usually cold and windy.  They set up the course really hard, pins in crazy places, speed the greens way up, play from the tips and a couple holes are extended even beyond the tips.  It's 2 man best ball but full handicap.  I've been playing this for 8 years and we see -12/-13 usually right in contention (for net)  Last year two guys from the neighboring course come in with mid-teen handicaps and shoot net 54.  Won by 6-7 strokes, we all knew what happened and our GM and Pro let them know to enjoy the trophy but they won't be invited back next year.

For our regular league we have a weekly event and opt in skins each week.  To help alleviate the handicap advantage we have net and gross skins and split the net in to A & B flights.  Then the regular weekly event is only net, but split in to 3 flights.  We changed the system last year and the payouts have been much more spread out and equitable across the league.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

On 5/5/2019 at 11:54 AM, artful_golfer said:

I'm playing in a ladies tournament this week that does not use any handicaps in an effort to eliminate the sandbag issue. After play (2-person scramble) is complete, flights (6-8 teams in a flight) are created according to gross scores for that round only. You never know what flight you will be in.

I played in this tournament today. We had 24 teams, 3 flights of 8, and only kept gross scores. Scores ranged from 66 to 92. Winnings were awarded to 1st - 4th in each flight. No gripes from anyone about sandbagging, handicaps, flights or anything. It worked! My partner and I didn't win and neither did the team who played with us but ended up in a different flight. We did enjoyed playing, the camaraderie and great outdoors.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3