Sign in to follow this  
DaJoeyNJ

Winn Dri-Tac Lite Midsize

Our Sponsors

Recieved a M2 2016 as hand me down gift from a relative last year. I was excited to get it but was soon very disappointed.  Just felt wrong in my hands! HUGE SLICES no control and distance was less than average (230 yds) of my 3 wood. I would hardly ever  hit it in the past year and every time it would punish me. Now I generally hit a decent 3 wood with a slight fade. I figured ok maybe it's the length, even though I 6'5". I decided to investigate cutting down my driver. First thing I did was measure the M2 to determine how much I wanted to take off. I measured 45"! WHAT!? unbelievably the club have been cut down 3/4" already and the swing weight had never been adjusted. I read up on how much swing weight I needed to get back to standard spec. As most off you know adding weight to the head would change the play of shaft. Then i found the Winn Dri-tac lite grip! Ordered them up and installed.  At 25g it restored 5.5 swing weights which put me at D3.5. It feels wonderful now. The M2 is now my favorite.  I can actually draw it now and my yardage is up...275 yd! 

I highly recommend this grip to anyone looking to modify club length without adding club head weight. It has changed my game. Thanks Winn grips

:callaway-small: EPIC FLASH SZ 9 Stiff Project X HZARDS SMOKE stiff 70g

:callaway-small: EPIC 18 Rogue MAX 75g stiff

:taylormade-small: M1 (2016) 4H Fuji Pro Stiff  

:taylormade-small: P760 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 Stiff

SM6 52° degree F-Grind 8 Bounce  MD3 56° S-Grind 10 Bounce  RTX-3 60° 10 Bounce

:odyssey-small: O-Works R-Line w/SS 2.0

Golf pride also have the tour25 (25g)  which I have used when shortening a driver to 43.5. But it only comes is standard size, I noticed winn lite comes in std, mid, over and ladies which is great!

Have you checked out any of Lamkins sonar or newer grips? Some of them are heavier, and are working well on my shorter driver. I have a sonar regular+ on my F9 that’s 43.5 with extra head weight.