cjeffs12

My first Putter Fitting, Updated 1 month later

Putter fitting vs Putting lesson.....I wonder if a few lessons for the same price would shave more than .2 strokes off your game.... with an inconsistent stroke as you mentioned, I wonder if a few lessons would make even a bigger impact.

Probably a little bit of both...

You can be a bad fit for your equipment which would only add to your inconsistency.

When I got fit I was very good at returning to square, but my path was out of whack because my putter was too long and upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You can be a bad fit for your equipment which would only add to your inconsistency.

When I got fit I was very good at returning to square, but my path was out of whack because my putter was too long and upright.

Inconsistency is generally the result of manipulation based on prior results. Players are generally pretty consistent with their strokes but they may not get the results they want. People can become significantly better by working on consistent setup.

IMO people focus too Much on path; face angle is the primary determination on the balls direction and square isn’t always the goal for a player.
  • Like 1

Inconsistency is generally the result of manipulation based on prior results. Players are generally pretty consistent with their strokes but they may not get the results they want. People can become significantly better by working on consistent setup.

IMO people focus too Much on path; face angle is the primary determination on the balls direction and square isn’t always the goal for a player.

It does surprise me a ton at how many of my peers do not have a putting routine. It’s the only thing you can keep consistent and makes a big difference!

My strikes got better as a result of my fitting, and as a bonus it helped my path. I’m noticing more balls rolling nicely end over end now where before I was still putting well, but the ball wasn’t tracking perfectly where I lined up my ball for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On June 14, 2019 at 8:04 AM, Tsecor said:

Putter fitting vs Putting lesson.....I wonder if a few lessons for the same price would shave more than .2 strokes off your game.... with an inconsistent stroke as you mentioned, I wonder if a few lessons would make even a bigger impact.

So after the fitting I found I was so inconsistent due to having a putter that did not fit my stroke. My original intent was to get a lesson, but first I wanted to get a putter that was fit to me, so that when I worked on things with my instructor I would not be working on a stroke that fit my putter but working on making me more efficient within my own swing. Both will bring improvements for sure, and who is to say one or the other is better, this was just the way I felt would be more beneficial for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

So after the fitting I found I was so inconsistent due to having a putter that did not fit my stroke. My original intent was to get a lesson, but first I wanted to get a putter that was fit to me, so that when I worked on things with my instructor I would not be working on a stroke that fit my putter but working on making me more efficient within my own swing. Both will bring improvements for sure, and who is to say one or the other is better, this was just the way I felt would be more beneficial for me. 

that's cool. glad it worked out

• Like 1