Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Purchasing from Golfdiscount.com

Has anyone recent purchased or have experience with golfdiscount.com? I'm not sure I'm questioning if they are legit or not, but this seems too good to be true. I've been shopping around for a set of players irons, or something that is more of a players iron than my Apex CF16's. The Srixon Z765's have been on my list while searching. I've been checking used inventory all over the internet, and haven't hardly seen a used set for the price I just came across on golfdiscount.com.

I've had my fair share of "Seems too good to be true" moments. Found a set of Z765'with the shaft I want for 500 bucks. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Here are some of my thoughts as I continue to debate this purchase. Price seems more realistic the more I look. I think it was initial shock, but the 765 is the previous model, and the current 785's are about 8 months into their cycle. And they are listed as a closeout items. Others on my short list are a combo set of mizuno MP18's, JPX 900 tours, JPX 919 tours, ut I just haven't seen this good of a price yet.

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

I think you are good - you could go as far as to request serial number and call srixon if you'd like, but I don't think you'll have an issue with golfdiscount.com.  Great choice in iron by the way.  I play the mizuno mp18 sc and the srixon 785 (most comparable) nearly took them out of the back for me, they were just that good.  Maybe in another year or two, I'll try to find them on a deal as a backup set.  

Best of luck with your new irons.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

If they were known for cheating and selling used clubs as "new", I imagine their reputation would be all over forums like this one by now.  I bought my Wilson irons from their closeout section.  I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Your research in prices could speak to the ridiculousness of some used club prices out there, but that's topic for another thread.

It has been awhile, but I made several purchases from them in 2016 and 2017. I had zero issues with them and actually found their customer service to be very good. If you haven't already, reach out to them and ask about those irons. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out. And those are very, very good irons. I gamed the Z565s for a year and they were one of my favorite sets of irons. I think the Z765s are easily one of best looking irons available!

EDIT: I'd also recommend checking with Discount Dan's Golf. I've yet to find a place with better prices!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Bought my current cart bag from there during their memorial day sale a few years back. No issues on my end.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard, they are actually affiliated with a local chain in the Seattle area. They are great and their HQ/Distribution Center is about 30 minutes from my house. Everything I've ordered from them has been rock solid and a good price - not always the best prices, but if you find what you need on a deal, they are great. My only gripe was the fact that they wouldn't let me come down and pick up my order instead of having it shipped. 

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

I work for a major golf retailer and we accept trades. What we don't know are the specs. Are they short or long, upright or flat. Forged clubs can always be adjusted up to a certain degree, cast we don't recommend bending unless they are sent to the manufacturer. You can always lengthen or shorten clubs, $12-$15 with new grips/club, and $6 if you change the lie/club. That's an additional $160 for 8 irons! Plus, are the shafts light (95g) or heavy (120g)? If Golf Discount gives you a 30 day money back (cash) guarantee, give them a try. Otherwise, if you can't afford to buy new and be fitted, wait until a set becomes available at your local shop. Remember, new clubs on the rack are usually neutral and standard length. Get fitted! You'll play better and have more fun.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Golfdiscount is legit, when MGS first started out I believe they were a sponsor and there used to be a discount code.  It's long gone now but don't hesitate to purchase from them.

$520 for a new set is a decent deal. You can probably go used for less money but then you get in to the question of what the specs are and what's been done to them.  Best of luck in your iron search

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 1 month later...

I also bought stuff from them with no problems and they often have some great deals on previous season gear.

For current season gear I second the suggestion to send Discount Dan's an email for a quote.  They gave me best price, by far, for new irons I just bought.  

:755178188_TourEdge: XCG7 4wood  :ping-small: I-20  :adams-small: Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19 

yururi-logo350Yururi Raw Gekku Wedges 53 and 57 gel-logo-w-web-ad.jpgGel Hurrion Putter

**Drivers all junked in the basement

• 2 years later...

Yes, this company is legit. Thankful for this thread, it added confidence when researching them. 

I just made my first purchase from them and posted this Review on their website:

J 
Jason D.
5-Stars

12/06/21
This company IS legit !!! Got a Great Deal that I was originally a little skeptical about... Thanks Phillip!!!

Screaming from the rooftops, "THIS COMPANY IS LEGIT AND HAS GREAT DEALS!!!" I was looking for a Ping Hoofer Stand Bag and came across a Great Deal on that exact bag ($219 when it retailed at many places for $275). Hadn't heard of this company before, so checked for reviews and saw many, but it was linked to their page so still wanted to do more due diligence. Googled "Is Golfdiscount.com legit" and saw a thread on MyGolfSpy from 2 yrs ago that said they were legit. Felt comfortable, so went to purchase. Had one more question, so I called the company. Phillip was great! He took the time to answer all of my questions. Much appreciated guys, Great Service, Great Product, will be telling people about your company! Details of Purchase:
11/27 - Ordered Ping Hoofer Stand Golf Bag & 2 packs of reusable tees
11/29 - Packs of Tees arrived super fast! (maybe from a different warehouse)
12/02 - Golf Bag Arrived!
All was received correctly and quickly.

This company knocked it out of the park!!!