Eric Cartmenez

Am I the only one that notices this about MGS?

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

I understand that people see how MGS might show more support for one company over others, but that is because they believe in (as Adam often phrases it) giving power to the consumer. They simply want to let everyone know what the best products are according to the data. Don't forget, they were pushing PING pretty hard after Most Wanted testing revealed the G400 LST was a comparative monster! The MGS "power to the consumer" mantra can easily sum up why they advertise the way they do as well. Snell, Precision Pro, Galway Bay, Shot Scope, and Tour Edge all offer performance similar to (if not better than) competing segment brands at a better price. The one exception (on price at least) is EVNROLL, but the reasoning for such heavy MGS support has been well-documented in testing - the face tech simply works.

I get what you're saying on the TA. As mentioned above, MGS touts products with superior performance backed by data. When so many golfers don't bother to get fit for a putter and simply go based on price, looks, brand recognition, and feel, they can easily leave strokes on the table. They've always promoted getting properly fit and have also stated that it's perfectly okay if you fit into a club that's not #1 in "X" test - so long as you at least consider it in your own testing. 

No worries on the political reference. I get that it was meant as a joke, but in today's world political discussions can simply get too heated and drive users away. I don't think there's a single person here that would ever want to see a user leave - especially if they left because of a discussion completely unrelated to golf (the very thing that brought us all here in the first place).

I don't think there's anyone on the MGS forums who has "drank the kool-aid" so to speak. We simply understand the MGS mission and are equally passionate about it. We may not all agree 100% with everything MGS does (or even with each other), but we're all here to help each other and share our experiences with the golfing community - hopefully for the betterment of all. Welcome to MGS. I hope you stick around. 🙂 

Thanks for the response. I hear you on all of this and understand the mission of MGS - they do good work and work hard at what they do. As I have mentioned, I'm on here, search the site, follow them and keep up so I do enjoy the information! Just thought I would point out a discrepancy that I perceived to be at least mentionable and wanted to see if anyone else echoed or could see from a potentially different view/angle. Anyway, I enjoyed the constructive dialogue and hearing the opinions of others in a civil manner! Very well could have been 1000% off on my opinion, but had to check to see if I was just "seeing" things. 

Appreciate the kind response!

• Like 4

I hope all of you reading this realize this is a troll posting by a brand new memeber who is possibly affiliated with someone in the industry or another forum...... It's meant to discredit MGS, in any way possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what sets MGS apart from other forums... before we discredit him, we'll just give him the benefit of the doubt.
On the other hand, I believe most MGS are smart enough and won't swayed by such statements.
I understand wanting to give someone time to air their opinions but,,,,, as a first thread???

One can find whatever they think is there even if it’s not. 

Imo mgs is trying to grow the game thru testing, results and education. Helping smaller brands grow while not accepting money from large companies who people already know helps the smaller brand but doesn’t constitute bias.

read the forums and you will see that all brands get love and there’s no favoritism towards one or another and no push for knocking other brands. People have their personal preferences on brands they like and brands they don’t. Fortunately there’s an environmental here that’s open to discussing why someone feels that way if people choose to engage in why a person feels the way they do

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Eric Cartmenez said:

As for my research, as I am sure you will be asking about. I have a state of the art beachfront facility in Arizona that I perform my tests at and their results will be published in the near future. 

Maybe I'm cynical and jaded after being on the Internet for so long, but this statement makes me think that this thread might be a guerrilla marketing tactic to drive traffic to these soon-to-be-published results. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

Maybe I'm cynical and jaded after being on the Internet for so long, but this statement makes me think that this thread might be a guerrilla marketing tactic to drive traffic to these soon-to-be-published results. I hope I'm wrong. 

Pretty sure it was meant as a joke. How many beachfronts do you know of in Arizona? His/Her forum name is also the name of a character on South Park. Highly doubt this person is doing any state of the art testing.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Pretty sure it was meant as a joke. How many beachfronts do you know of in Arizona? His/Her forum name is also the name of a character on South Park. Highly doubt this person is doing any state of the art testing.

Whew!!! that's good to know about the beachfront  property.  I was thinking I had really missed out on my trip there last month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Popeye64 said:

I understand wanting to give someone time to air their opinions but,,,,, as a first thread???

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, most people at MGS will take the high road and not get mixed up in a flaming war like on Twitter. That's the commendable part.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

HA! Good catch.

That's what I get for posting before I've had my morning coffee 😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

WRX is for trolls.  Keep that garbage off MGS!

• Like 1
  • Off Topic 1

I wholeheartedly disagree with this! While there could always be a potential for bias from any review, I can say for a fact I tested balls for MGS and I did not like them at all. Before I posted a negative review I double checked with MGS on if that was something they really wanted out there as to not damage reputation with golf company. I was told to post my honest review and I did.  If you read through reviews done by people of MGS there are reviews for major companies products that are glowing and also not that good. This is why I believe MGS has one of the best communities for information out there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

I hope all of you reading this realize this is a troll posting by a brand new memeber who is possibly affiliated with someone in the industry or another forum...... It's meant to discredit MGS, in any way possible.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️ was my initial reaction as well and I wasn't going to respond, because of this ⬇️⬇️⬇️.

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

That's what sets MGS apart from other forums... before we discredit him, we'll just give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, I believe most MGS are smart enough and won't swayed by such statements.

• Like 6

Man leaves home in the city and walks to a forrest.. man finds cave full of sleeping bears.. man goes in the cave and pokes all of the bears.. bears wake up and eat the man.. forrest ranger comes and asks the bears why they ate the man.. Bears tell ranger that he walked in our cave and poked us while we were sleeping.. forrest ranger drives away.. bears go back to sleep..

The end

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Eric Cartmenez said:

As for my research, as I am sure you will be asking about. I have a state of the art beachfront facility in Arizona that I perform my tests at and their results will be published in the near future. 

Now that's just downright offensive.. 😠

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Now that's just downright offensive.. 😠

Haha....as someone in Chandler Arizona you are certainly entitled to that opinion!!  🙂

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, azstu324 said:

Man leaves home in the city and walks to a forrest.. man finds cave full of sleeping bears.. man goes in the cave and pokes all of the bears.. bears wake up and eat the man.. forrest ranger comes and asks the bears why they ate the man.. Bears tell ranger that he walked in our cave and poked us while we were sleeping.. forrest ranger drives away.. bears go back to sleep..

The end

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

I want to know more about the talking bears! 😮

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

uhhh...Yogi....BooBoo..... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

They still...um...use the woods. 

• Like 1