Shankster

Hogan Driver?

WOULD IT KILL A COMPANY TO OFFER A 7 WOOD AS A COMPETITOR TO CALLAWAY?!?!?!?!?!
It's right there, 14, 16, 18...

Could throw in 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9 woods to reach all of the masses.

12° 2 Wood
14° 3 Wood
16° 4 Wood
18° 5 Wood
20° 6 Wood
22° 7 Wood
24° 8 Wood
26° 9 Wood

Yeah. Ok, maybe not a need for all of those.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Blog post drops at 9 - some interesting insight from Scott White.

The writing on the blog has to be miles above any place else.  There is not one writer where I see the name and think, "yeah, I'll skip it".  98% of every other news story about new gear is 98% copy and paste from the manufacturer website.

The new release articles and the forum member reviews are what makes MGS so great, even if the Most Wanted tests are what garner the most attention.

So well done Barbajo!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Could throw in 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9 woods to reach all of the masses.

12° 2 Wood
14° 3 Wood
16° 4 Wood
18° 5 Wood
20° 6 Wood
22° 7 Wood
24° 8 Wood
26° 9 Wood

Yeah. Ok, maybe not a need for all of those. emoji23.png

It worked for Integra with the Sooolong Fairway, maybe that's my next step. 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm... No demos yet, and the 10.5 is listed as "pre-order".  REALLY interested in trying out the 4-wood. 

Noticed it doesn't seem to be the Tensei Pro CK Blue being offered, but the "regular" Tensei CK Blue.  a $130 shaft at Golfworks.  

I think the best part of these is the speed slot.

The set I sold a while back had 1,3,5 wood with the speed slot. From 1958 or so. They look the same as my old ones for the most part, just made of metal instead of wood, and slightly larger.

Looks good. Interesting they decided not to max out the driver at 460cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Was bummed MGS didn't have a photo of the crown in the blog post, but it can be seen on the Ben Hogan website. Based on the image provided of the top, all I can say is  "Yuck!". Great looking driver until you see the top and it looks like the big bulging hunk of mass. I hope someone releases better images and that someone like Shiels will review it so I can have a better look. Surely at 445cc, this thing would have a bit more of a classic pear shape.

Regardless, this is definitely an intriguing club that I'd be willing to test drive at some point.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:27 AM, bellairemi said:

Nice looking definitely but disappointed they went "low-low" in launch and spin.  I can take this one of my demo list definitely.

That's only with one of the three shaft options.  The Tensei and Helium should raise up launch and spin some. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gbtrsc said:

That's only with one of the three shaft options.  The Tensei and Helium should raise up launch and spin some. 

Hmm, I took it to be that head was low on both and you can modify it a bit with shaft choice - need to read it again I guess.  I demo'ed the Wilson C300 and could not do anything good with that no matter the shaft as the head was inherently too low on spin.  There were a number of good strikes with that one that stayed at around 2000 rpms which just is not enough with a 100 mph swingspeed.