Golfspy_CG2

Testers ANNOUNCED: Srixon Z Star and Z Star XV Golf Balls

Love me them z stars! Good luck to those testers who are chosen. I know how I feel about them, but will be awesome to see what your findings are.

Good luck to all that apply!

Posted (edited)

Z stars are just that stars of the show 🌟...would love to reviews.

First Name/State - Christopher / Ohio

Handicap/Swing Speed -14 100

Current Ball Played - pro V1 / Snell Plus

Have you previously played the Z Star or XV - no

Edited by Akron09

Kyle/Ohio

8 Handicap/116 mph

Titleist Pro v1x

I have played both the Z Star or XV - but more so the XV after talking with a Srixon rep that suggested I play the XV. 

Hayden, Wisconsin 

10 - 102 Driver

2017-18 Srixon Z Star

I am currently playing the Z Star 

First Name/State- Jim/Ohio

Handicap/Swing Speed-  14/ 103

Current Ball Played- Chrome Soft

Have you previously played the Z Star or XV-  only the original generation of the ball

On 5/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Unless you’ve been living under a rock—and by that we don’t mean a Top Flite 2000—the past two weeks, you have no doubt seen the results of the most detailed in-depth ball study ever conducted published by My Golf Spy last week.  Read it Here

So were you able to determine what ball might be best for you out of the results? Well MGS along with Srixon is going to give four My Golf Spy Forum members a chance to test two of the top performers of the study themselves and see what their results show.

Srixon Z-Star XV

Testers Wanted

Srixon has gained great ground in the balls wars over the last five years. Increasing its presence on professional tours across the world, and making its way into the bags of everyday golfers, by way of Srixon’s very popular ball demo days at green grass shops.

Offering two models the Z Star and Z Star XV you will get one dozen of each to play and practice with and report back to the forum with your findings.

Srixon Z-Star

The Z Star is in its 6th generation and provides maximum green-side spin for unmatched control and stopping power. It’s 3-piece construction gives players complete tour performance tee to green.

While the Z Star XV also in its 6th generation is a premium 4-piece ball that provides maximum distance and gives players complete tour performance tee to green.

How to Apply

As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum (click here to read some Insert Review Link). We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed and honest review is a full two-month commitment, requiring extensive putting green and on-course work as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss product performance with other golfers.

That means to be a potential reviewer you must be a registered member of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum, where you’ll find thousands of like-minded golfers from all over the world anxious to talk about golf equipment.

Please follow the following instructions exactly in order to be considered.  Please DO NOT Quote this post when applying, doing so may disqualify your entry. 

Honoring the OEM request this testing is available to any US Resident. 

First Name/State

Handicap/Swing Speed

Current Ball Played

Have you previously played the Z Star or XV

That's it, we'll be selecting our testers next week, so check back to see if you've been selected for the opportunity to conduit your own Srixon Ball Test. 

Jerry / Virginia

85mph SS / Handicap 12

TM Project (A) & Pro VI X

I have played Srixon Z Star Brands in the past.

I am a retired 53 year old male that has played Golf for more than 25 years and at 1 time held a 

5 Handicap.

Due to an on the job injury with the Government I was retired after multiple operations on my knee to repair the damage which is why my Swing speed dropped from 115 mph to 85 mph and my handicap ballooned from 5 to 20.

After working at it I have managed to drop it to a 12 and expect it to decrease even further.

My Strongest part of my game is without a Doubt my Short game as it was always the first thing the Doctor would allow me to do after surgery long before I could do anything else.

I'm not bragging but I am stating facts and that is this, From 100 yards in I will put my short game up against ANYBODY.

If I was able to get the type of distance I once did I would be a + handicap by now for sure.

I have plenty of time to practice and will give honest reviews on any Ball, Glove, Club ect that I test as I don't want to get taken for a ride no more than anyone else as o know money can be tight for sure.

Thanks and keep em in the short grass guys.

Chris / ND

13.0/ 110 mph

Mostly Bridgestone

never tried either z star or XV

Blake/Washington 

3/112

taylormade tp5x

never played srixon

Steve, CA

Driver 105 MPH 

For the better part of the last couple of years up until last weekend when I read your golf ball test I played the Chromesoft and to a lesser extent the Chrosmesoft X  I started playing the Z Star yellow last week.

A couple of years ago I played the Z Star most of the time and dabbled with the XV a little for the better part of a year.

Posted (edited)

Luke Sharkey

Warrington, Cheshire, UK

Handicap 9

Driver swing speed 116mph

Taylormade TP5x

Surely to fully review these balls you need to go international, see how they compete in the lovely drizzle over here!

Edited by Luke Sharkey

Terry - Oklahoma 

Scratch - 105

Taylormade TP5x

I have never played a Srixon 

Gunnar - Virginia

5.4 - 95mph

Callaway Superhot

i have played a couple Z stars in the past. Not enough to really see their full potential, however. 

Steve-Maryland 

11.9 hcp  85-90 mph

was hitting chrome soft, after reading the ball test I’m testing other balls. The ZStar is on my list. I have played the balls regularly.

Name/State: TJ/Oklahoma

Handicap: 1.2

Swing Speed: 115

Current Ball Played: Titleist ProV1x

Previously played Z Star or XV? I've messed around with the XV. I like a firmer feel, but would love to try the Z Star, along with the yellow as well to see if I got different results in testing like you guys.

Allen/Texas

4.8/102  

Chrome Soft X 19

Yes, I have previously played both balls

Tony/Texas

5/115

ProV1 (switching to Kirkland Signature 3-piece)

No (Have you previously played the Z Star or XV)

Paul / Michigan

4.4 / Driver 95 mph

TaylorMade TP5x

I have play the Z Star XV  a few years ago

Geoff/PA
15/117
TP5X
I have played previous versions of the ZStar and XV.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy