Shankster

PGA Championship

GolfSpy STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

IMG_5432.PNG

The 2nd major of the year. New time in the year, apparently Bethpage is ready from the social outlets that I have seen.

Will BK win again and get that 4th major?

Could Justin Thomas pull off another PGA?

How about Jordan?

Maybe this year we will get a PGA Pro winner?

This has always been my least favorite of the majors, but having The Players in March was awesome, so maybe this will be good for the tournament.

I’m going with Adam Scott. It’s got to happen at some point.

I am ready for a Ryder Cup preview, and to see how this one is set up.

What’s your pick?

• Like 6

I'm pretty pumped to see how Bethpage Black plays this year! As for me pick...I'll get back to you on that one. Of course I would love to see Tiger win it, but I suspect someone else to pull it off. I think it would be really cool to see Rickie get his first major, but I'm not so sure about that one either!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I do find it odd that we get a lot of first time major winners at the PGA as statistically, it is the hardest tournament to win. Lots of good potential picks here, Bethpage is a drivers course so I'll pick DJ or Keopka. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

Whoever I pick doesn't make the cut.  So, who should I pick... or NOT pick?

• Like 4

I'm pretty pumped to see how Bethpage Black plays this year! As for me pick...I'll get back to you on that one. Of course I would love to see Tiger win it, but I suspect someone else to pull it off. I think it would be really cool to see Rickie get his first major, but I'm not so sure about that one either!

Looks like Big Cat has been there for a few days using his Masters prep tactics. I’m a huge Tiger fan and this would be awesome for sure.

There will be a hundred plus other guys trying to keep that from happening. It will be a great tournament for sure.
  • Like 2

Brooks Koepka would be my pick. But, I'm still pulling for my boy, Ricky!

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

I'm stuck between BK and TW.  Tiger has the momentum and the history here and all the obvious talking points that we'll hear all week.  

BK would love nothing more than to shut up Chamblee for 2 minutes.  

And just to add, I love this golf course.

• Like 3

I'm stuck between BK and TW.  Tiger has the momentum and the history here and all the obvious talking points that we'll hear all week.  

I do believe 16 and 82 will be said a record breaking time next weekend.

Would be an amazing feat if he pulled it off. If we look back to The Open last year... he’s went T6, 2, W... gave a lot of shots away at The Open and the PGA. Just a few bad swings, just like a lot of the greats from looking at 18 this week.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I am particularly excited about the venue as well! Based on what I've seen on Twitter, it looks like it's in phenomenal shape!

• Like 3

Excited for the tournament, though a touch less excited at having to listen to the New York crowds for 4 days lol.

Obviously would love to see Tiger win. If not, Rickie Fowler or Tony Finau are my next picks.

Think Brooks has a good shot too. He's got a bone to pick with Chamblee and I think he could win the rest of the majors this year just to spite him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I'm excited about the SpyStaffSlam.  I love making and following my picks for the week.  Thanks Wilson Staff and My Golf Spy for keeping this going!

• Like 3

I want Rory to win for the sweepstakes sake haha. But if it isn't going to be him, Rickie needs to be the one!

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kenny B said:

Whoever I pick doesn't make the cut.  So, who should I pick... or NOT pick?

Pick Tiger.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll pick Xander. He’s played well at some of the big events the last couple years, he should be in the mix come Sunday. I like JR as well, but he struggles with putting so much it’s difficult to pick him. If he putts well he has a chance 

• Like 1

The world would come unglued if Tiger won.  I think I would come unglued!  Huge reach for him to pull it off.

Brooks is a safer choice.

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Pick Tiger.

I would really like to see Rickie win, but I'm picking.........

TIGER.

• Haha 1

Gotta go with Tiger on this one, he made me a believer after his Masters win, and I think if he can keep it in the fairway, no one will come close. Plus he has history at BP Black.

• Like 2

I'm very pumped to see how Bethpage Black plays this year! 

Good pick.  He has an impressive four years on tour resume - year one only involving two events.

12 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I’ll pick Xander. He’s played well at some of the big events the last couple years, he should be in the mix come Sunday. 

• Like 1