TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA Championship

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

For those wanting to review their picks for #SpyStaffSlam, head on over to the tracking Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

IMG_5432.PNG

The 2nd major of the year. New time in the year, apparently Bethpage is ready from the social outlets that I have seen.

Will BK win again and get that 4th major?

Could Justin Thomas pull off another PGA?

How about Jordan?

Maybe this year we will get a PGA Pro winner?

This has always been my least favorite of the majors, but having The Players in March was awesome, so maybe this will be good for the tournament.

I’m going with Adam Scott. It’s got to happen at some point.

I am ready for a Ryder Cup preview, and to see how this one is set up.

What’s your pick?

I'm pretty pumped to see how Bethpage Black plays this year! As for me pick...I'll get back to you on that one. Of course I would love to see Tiger win it, but I suspect someone else to pull it off. I think it would be really cool to see Rickie get his first major, but I'm not so sure about that one either!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I do find it odd that we get a lot of first time major winners at the PGA as statistically, it is the hardest tournament to win. Lots of good potential picks here, Bethpage is a drivers course so I'll pick DJ or Keopka. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I'm pretty pumped to see how Bethpage Black plays this year! As for me pick...I'll get back to you on that one. Of course I would love to see Tiger win it, but I suspect someone else to pull it off. I think it would be really cool to see Rickie get his first major, but I'm not so sure about that one either!

Looks like Big Cat has been there for a few days using his Masters prep tactics. I’m a huge Tiger fan and this would be awesome for sure.

There will be a hundred plus other guys trying to keep that from happening. It will be a great tournament for sure.

Brooks Koepka would be my pick. But, I'm still pulling for my boy, Ricky!

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'm stuck between BK and TW.  Tiger has the momentum and the history here and all the obvious talking points that we'll hear all week.  

BK would love nothing more than to shut up Chamblee for 2 minutes.  

And just to add, I love this golf course.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm stuck between BK and TW.  Tiger has the momentum and the history here and all the obvious talking points that we'll hear all week.  

I do believe 16 and 82 will be said a record breaking time next weekend.

Would be an amazing feat if he pulled it off. If we look back to The Open last year... he’s went T6, 2, W... gave a lot of shots away at The Open and the PGA. Just a few bad swings, just like a lot of the greats from looking at 18 this week.

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I am particularly excited about the venue as well! Based on what I've seen on Twitter, it looks like it's in phenomenal shape!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Excited for the tournament, though a touch less excited at having to listen to the New York crowds for 4 days lol.

Obviously would love to see Tiger win. If not, Rickie Fowler or Tony Finau are my next picks.

Think Brooks has a good shot too. He's got a bone to pick with Chamblee and I think he could win the rest of the majors this year just to spite him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I'm excited about the SpyStaffSlam.  I love making and following my picks for the week.  Thanks Wilson Staff and My Golf Spy for keeping this going!

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

I want Rory to win for the sweepstakes sake haha. But if it isn't going to be him, Rickie needs to be the one!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 5/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kenny B said:

Whoever I pick doesn't make the cut.  So, who should I pick... or NOT pick?

Pick Tiger.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I’ll pick Xander. He’s played well at some of the big events the last couple years, he should be in the mix come Sunday. I like JR as well, but he struggles with putting so much it’s difficult to pick him. If he putts well he has a chance 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Gotta go with Tiger on this one, he made me a believer after his Masters win, and I think if he can keep it in the fairway, no one will come close. Plus he has history at BP Black.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Good pick.  He has an impressive four years on tour resume - year one only involving two events.

12 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I’ll pick Xander. He’s played well at some of the big events the last couple years, he should be in the mix come Sunday. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• Guests
Guest Tom Duckworth

I'm so happy to see it at Bethpage Black can't get enough of seeing that course on TV. It's one that's on my bucket list to play one day.

Selfishly I want Rory to win so I can get a new M6 driver!

If he doesn't, though, then I'll hope for Tiger to get #16 and pull ever closer to Jack. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

The course is going to play LOOOOONG.  We are in the midst of getting close to three inches of rain over the last 48 hours.  I have a few friends that have played the course in the last month and was told the rough is up, the fairways are a lot narrower than during normal play and two of them came close to giving up the game midway through the back nine.  That being said my pick will be a bomber that can hit it straight with less up an emphasis on the flat stick.  Think Koepka may repeat with the way he played this past weekend, also have my eye on JT as well.  Tiger is my dark horse as I am not sure how the course will physically beat him up, not a fun walk at all.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

40 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

The course is going to play LOOOOONG.  We are in the midst of getting close to three inches of rain over the last 48 hours.  I have a few friends that have played the course in the last month and was told the rough is up, the fairways are a lot narrower than during normal play and two of them came close to giving up the game midway through the back nine.  That being said my pick will be a bomber that can hit it straight with less up an emphasis on the flat stick.  Think Koepka may repeat with the way he played this past weekend, also have my eye on JT as well.  Tiger is my dark horse as I am not sure how the course will physically beat him up, not a fun walk at all.

Its crazy how much rain we've got since early Sunday morning.  Looks like it should dry out a little between later tonight through Thursday.  I am sure they'll get the greens plenty firm by then.

The rough is going to be LUSH.  Hitting and holding the green out of the rough from anything more than 175 yards is going to be darn near impossible.